Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Russell's red card

Having just watched the Russell challenge on TV, I think it was one of the most obvious red cards I think we''ll ever see.  Hopefully nobody will defend his reckless actions.  I know aggression and "competing" is part of Russell''s game, but he went too far on Saturday.  Now without him and Fozzy for the next match, maybe we''ll get Pattison and Henry.  I can''t see Gibbs playing, he looks too lightweight for a central midfielder (especially away from home).

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Maybe Spillane will get a game?[/quote]

Yes i saw it right in front of me, disgusting, Dion was very concerned for his good friend Stearman - two Leicester lads.

Yes i saw it right in front of me, disgusting, Dion was very concerned for his good friend Stearman - two Leicester lads.

I''ve got a lot of time for Spillane, I think he looks the part.  Even in the last throes of Grant''s regime he put himself about.  Plus he can pass a ball forwards and has a first touch.

Thoroughly deserved the red, a shameful two footed lunge........I hope Roeder gives him hell.......And I also wish the Foxes player a speedy recovery.

No Spillane and Hucks wont get a game, bet Gibbs and Henry are in the squad!

[quote user="cityangel"]

No Spillane and Hucks wont get a game, bet Gibbs and Henry are in the squad!

[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I''ve got a lot of time for Spillane, I think he looks the part.  Even in the last throes of Grant''s regime he put himself about.  Plus he can pass a ball forwards and has a first touch.

[/quote]

I agree with that, I''ve always liked him when he''s played. I don''t think he''d let us down if he was given a start.

The only other central midfielder we have is Rossi Jarvis and he looks a little lightweight for me.

Surely Gibbs or Henry won''t be played in central midfield, it''s not even their position and again, too lightweight.

This does kind of show up the lack of strength in depth we have, though.

I watched it this morning and this was a bad tackle. Infact, you look back at the times when it has happened to one of our players, we have been outraged, ala Muscat etc. We don''t want these kind of tackles in our game, end of...

But there is a saving grace, I don''t think Rusty is like that, I have seen him fly in with the odd dodgy challenge, but on the whole he is a honest player and one who has been influential in our run.

Never mind Rusty, there ain''t anybody here who will take your place in the long run.Huh? [:^)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

I agree with that, I''ve always liked him when he''s played. I don''t think he''d let us down if he was given a start.

The only other central midfielder we have is Rossi Jarvis and he looks a little lightweight for me.

Surely Gibbs or Henry won''t be played in central midfield, it''s not even their position and again, too lightweight.

This does kind of show up the lack of strength in depth we have, though.

[/quote]

Hey GH, I''ve got that cigarette card !

Yes red card and ban fair enough, but I have seen worse.  In my opinion it was not reckless, yes he missed the ball and got the player, but he did so in a mistimed frustrated way to win the ball back.  We know Darel and that was a frustated tackle that went horribly wrong.

he was least 5secs late on the tackle on saturday, he had plenty time to pull out tackle in my opinion he knew what he was doing - more in fruastation than malious in my thoughts.

liked the suprised reaction he gave when sent off

[quote user="we8wba"]

he was least 5secs late on the tackle on saturday, he had plenty time to pull out tackle in my opinion he knew what he was doing - more in fruastation than malious in my thoughts.

liked the suprised reaction he gave when sent off

[/quote]

Its like it all the time though. The player handles the ball or goes into the tackle with the intent of hurting his opponent then looks around exclaiming ''who me''? Who says footballers are thick? [;)]

russell and fozzy are the preferred central midfield pairing for city at the mo - why would russell ''lose it'' knowing he''d pick up a 3 card ban, and maybe handing his spot to matty patty to get a toe hold in???  its like turkeys voting for xmas - and does not compute in my feeble mind.  is the boy unsettled???

Hmmm.  One of those things, a late tackle indeed, probably a red card - seen a lot worse stay unpunished though....and I can''t help remembering back to the Leicester home game when he was practically attacked twice by their keeper who was barely punished.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Hmmm.  One of those things, a late tackle indeed, probably a red card - seen a lot worse stay unpunished though....and I can''t help remembering back to the Leicester home game when he was practically attacked twice by their keeper who was barely punished.[/quote]

Yes, it''s the first time I''ve seen a player get booked for being punched in the face.

Reaction of the Leicester players was over the top imo, especially James Chambers who was right in the referee''s face straight away. Doesn''t excuse the bad tackle and deserved red though.