Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Leicester Player Ratings!

Marshall - 5, couple of good saves, but shut your legs!

Otsemobor- 6 - decent enough

Doherty- 4 - too many "pencil headers" and was playing like he needed a poo

Shackell- 7 - played with spirit

Camara - 5 - got forward well a couple of times, wasnt helped by the 13yr old infront of him (henry)

Henry - 2 - played like a 13 yr old, and not a very good one at that. cant beat his man or cross the ball

Fotheringham- 6 - decent enough, showed he cared but not much invention going forward

Russell- 5 - bad tackle to get sent off, hadnt really done alot up until then

Coft- 7.5 MOM- another solid performance from croft

Dublin - 4 - i love d-dub but he got a knock early on and then spent the rest of the game wandering around not really helping

Ched- 7- showed glimpses of quality and battled well. didnt really get the service from both midfield and dublin

Pattison - 5 - ran around abit

Cureton - 4 wouldnt score if the goal was 20ft high and 50ft wide

The pitch - 0.

I didn''t go but in the news of the world the norwich players got the following:

Marshall 7

Otsemobor 7

Doherty 6

Shackell 6

Camara 5

Croft 5

Russell 5

Fotheringham 6

Henry 5

Evans 6

Dublin 5

nothing special here, top marks of 7 and one of those was for the keeper.

I personally thought Doc was one of our better players today.  How you can possibly give Otsemebor a higher rating makes me think you are one of the "Doc is our current fall guy" brigage.

Awful performance from everyone, so hence the low ratings.

Marshall - 5.5 - made one top save in the first half, but otherwise their only shots on goal seemed to go in.

Semmy 5 - caught out of position time and again. Had good first half, linked up with Crofty a couple of times, but final ball was a big let down.

Shackell - 6 made 2 outstanding goal saving tackles second half, but was at fault for one of their goals.

Doc - 5 Didnt play as well as Tues night

Henry 2 Useless. Didnt want the ball, didnt run, didnt show for it, and the few times he got the ball, he lost it.

Fozzy 5 Ran a lot, wanted the ball, but got a stupid booking, and tried to play offside for the Campbell goal which didnt work.

Rusty 4 Ran a lot, then got sent off. Didnt see it at first, but just seen it on TV. Horrendous challenge.

Croft 6.5 Only person to come away with credit. Did well in 1st half, but then switched wings to accommodate Henry, which was strange as Henry was gash. Second half he was lost.

Evans -5 Couple of good moments with the ball close to him, but was kept quiet all day.

Dion 5 Competed well, but effort only goes so far.

Hopefully this is a one off, but coming on the back of the Hull game, I am a little concerned that the wheels of our recent good performances are wobbling!

Marshall - 6.5 - don''t think he had a great game despite what Roeder said. I remember him making a very good save near the beginning; but Leicester had three 1 v 1 situations in the game and scored from all three, two of which went through his legs.Otsemobor - 7 - didn''t do an awful lot wrong, had to use his pace to get him out of trouble a couple of times, linked up with Croft now and then.Doherty - 6 - average game, won most stuff in the air but was slow and made a couple of dodgy clearances straight to Leicester players.Shackell - 6 - much the same, poor distribution in the main. There was a situation near the end where, for some reason, he fancied himself as a left winger and Dion had to run all the way back to cover for him!Camara - 6 - got caught out of position more than once, and fluffed a couple of good crossing chances in the first half.Croft - 7.5 - one to come out with the most credit for me. Put the effort in and chased everything. In the second half he took on almost the whole Leicester team on his own, however there was no end product.Fotheringham - 6 - never got going. Tries to play the ball on the floor but gives it away too often.Russell - 5.5 - loses marks for his deserved sending off (although I couldn''t see much of it at the time being so far away), was having an anonymous game up to that point anyway, apart from his weak header which was probably our only shot on target in normal time.Henry - 4.5 - terrible. Pulled out of any sort of challenge, never looked committed for one second. As I said in the other thread there was a moment when the ball was loose and there to be won, but barely brok into a half-hearted jog to try and get it. Gave the ball away more often than not when he had it. Where was Bertrand??Dublin - 7 - top effort as always, had no help at all from a very stubborn ref, numerous times he was being fouled all over the place but got nothing. Was tracking back right to the final whistle like I said. Had no hope of scoring a goal though.Evans - 6.5 - no service at all. Barely saw the ball apart from a fierce snap-shot in stoppage time, but most of the Norwich fans had left by then.SUBSPattison - 6 - carried on from where Rusty left off. Was running everywhere but never really got a look in.Cureton - 6 - as soon as he came on it totally fell apart, through no fault of his. Can''t remember him seeing the ball in a meaningful position once, and naturally playing a 3-3-3 formation we were going to be very stretched at the back, which led to Leicester scoring two more goals.Ref - 6 - average like most of the Norwich team. Can''t complain about the sending off but he seemed to give everything Leicester''s way, and missed some very obvious fouls on Dion.Roeder - 5.5 - why play with two right wingers? Where was Bertrand? Where was Huckerby? Are we being dictated to play these loanees; if so why? There were a number of puzzling things about yesterday; can''t blame him for going for it when down to 10 men though. And to clarify I''m not complaining, I''m as delighted as everyone else about the job Glenn has done so far and 13 games unbeaten is great. But to use his phrase, yesterday was certainly an "off day".

[quote user="Dicky"]I personally thought Doc was one of our better players today.  How you can possibly give Otsemebor a higher rating makes me think you are one of the "Doc is our current fall guy" brigage.[/quote]

It is fashionable to do that Dicky, I don''t know how he played, but people hate him with a passion. Take the Hull game, I thought he played well, as did most near me, but as we were leaving and he was awarded the MOM award, I could hear some say He is a joke, can''t believe that he got MOM, etc etc etc etc. Otsemebomorbermore, he is so frustrating, he can look a really good player, but other times, he looks a lazy so and so.

I did like your comment Beaker, he played like he needed a poo, made me chuckle.

Was Henry that bad?

The Doc had a few wobbles but other than that played OK - its gets tiring people constantly making him the fall guy!

The biggest problem yesterday was that we were playing 10 men even before Russell was sent of!

Henry was so far out of his depth it was painful to watch. He bottled out of tackle and didn''t chase any loose balls. His inclusion at the expense of either Pattison or Hucks defies belief!

Henry was a disgrace.

Looked about 13... rabbit in car headlights springs to mind...

Played like a 13 year old would in a mans game... bottled it... lost it... scared of the ball... and when he got the chance to cross it went nowhere near our players who he was presumably aiming at... on the few occassions he was one on one he lost it every time... and every pass he tried went to them...

I hope I never pay money to see him again... because he really is not fit to wear the shirt... Pathetic

[quote user="Dicky"]I personally thought Doc was one of our better players today.  How you can possibly give Otsemebor a higher rating makes me think you are one of the "Doc is our current fall guy" brigage.[/quote]

didnt say i dont like him i just thought that today he was slow in turning, credit to him he made one fanstastic block and won a fair few headers. but when it counted i.e when players were running at him he just didnt turn quickly or get his feet moving. hense why i said he played like he hadnt been to the bog for a few days

Marshall 6 - made 2 good saves, positioning poor too often in second half, kicking too predictable

Doc 6 - he''s been a lot better recently, but yesterday not very impressive

Shacks 6 - fairly solid - best defender yesterday

Semmy 5 - caught out of position too often

Mo 5 - poorest I''ve seen him, but could be because he was stranded too often by Henry

Henry 2 - I''m sure Bertrand would have been 100% better playing with flu!  I felt sorry for Henry - properly stuck in the mud and never got going

Croft 7 - tried hard, found surface difficult, no real support when he got forward

Rusty 4 - poor game, looked very slow until he was sent off

Dion 5 - tried hard, looked to be hampered by ankle and got no support from the ref, too many aimless headers

Fozzy 6 - undistiguished, but kept going

Ched 7 - can''t fault the lad for effort, he chased the ball until the final whistle and got very little service

Subs: Matty 5, ran about a lot but not quick enough yet; Cureton 2, useless - shouldn''t have been on the pitch

Stadium 9 - excellent but not enough toilets! Pitch 0 - a serious health and safety issue

Ref + assistants 5 - red card was correct but too fussy, too many stops and starts, ignored fouls on Dion.

I thought Iain Hume was the best player on the pitch yesterday.

Marshall - 5

Otsemobor- 6

Doherty- 6

Shackell- 6

Camara - 5

Henry - 2- poorest player on the pitch

Fotheringham- 5

Russell- 5

Coft- 6.5 - even though he was played out of position

Dublin - 5 - Didnt get any service

Ched- 5 - Didnt get any service

Subs

Pattison - 5 -

Cureton - 4

Marshall - 9, Great saves, needs to sort out his legs

Otsemobor- 8 - Truly outstanding performance

Doherty- 8 - Dealt with everything asked of him

Shackell- 4 - Played poor

Camara - 7 - Same as Shackell

Henry - 10 - Outstanding performance, easily MOM for me. He looks very promising

Fotheringham- 7 - Average today.

Russell- 9 - Played great until he got sent off after their player dived.

Croft 5 - Another disappointing performance from croft, needs to be dropped.

Dublin - 9 - Really unlucky not to score today, thought he was amazing

Ched- 4 - Disappointing

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

Henry - 10 - Outstanding performance, easily MOM for me. He looks very promising

Ched- 4 - Disappointing

[/quote]

im left quite confused by this post [:|]

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

Ched- 4 - Disappointing

[/quote]

was that supposed to be funny....

coz if it wasn''t you clearly couldn''t have gone

If you are talking to me then if you read the post, the ratings i posted were from the news of the world, which if you didn''t know is a newspaper!!! I don''t rate Otsemobor at all and actually i am a Doherty fan!!!

and Marshall is the man who gets in the OPTA top 5 regulalry.. im sure they base their workings out on Results and nothing else!

he ISNT as good as everyone seems to think he is.. saw the goals on the highlights and in a 1 v 1 situation he looks hopeless... the ratings on here seem to prove that fact... 2 mistakes today, a Mistake on Tuesday, Mistakes against Wolves, Charlton, Southampton (twice in the same game).. im just waiting for us to lose a crucial game 1-0 and this clown to be the reason!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and Marshall is the man who gets in the OPTA top 5 regulalry.. im sure they base their workings out on Results and nothing else!

he ISNT as good as everyone seems to think he is.. saw the goals on the highlights and in a 1 v 1 situation he looks hopeless... the ratings on here seem to prove that fact... 2 mistakes today, a Mistake on Tuesday, Mistakes against Wolves, Charlton, Southampton (twice in the same game).. im just waiting for us to lose a crucial game 1-0 and this clown to be the reason!

jas :)

[/quote]

for every blinding save there''s a soft goal conceded

Marshall - 6

Otsemobor- 6

Doherty- 5

Shackell- 6

Camara - 4

Henry - 1 - hardly noticed him and didn''t seem capable of playing at this level yet.

Russell- 4 - Bad tackle but has Ollie said, thats just the way he is so no real complaints about the tackle even though he deserved red.

Coft- 8 - By far your best player

Dublin - 5

Ched- 5 - Didn''t too much

Subs

Pattison - 4

Cureton - 4

Hume and Clemence impressed me today and they are usually not the outstanding players for us. Hume - 9, Clem - 8

To take up what some of you are saying about Marshall, he does seem to make one or two wonderful saves and then destroy his good work by making some stupid blunder in quite a few matches. His occasional ineptitude rather cancels out the brilliant saves.  The latest mistake that I saw was in the Hull match, where I felt he should have prevented them from scoring, but instead allowed a rather soft shot to creep under his body. Bloody annoying that!