Sign in to follow this  
Cottaging Canary

Strihavka on Five!!

Never thought he was that bad, Personally. from the little bits i saw of him he looked like he had promise espesh when i first saw him at the Vitesse Pre-Season friendly i thought he was a good bye.

[quote user="CanaryColt"]i thought he was a good bye.[/quote]That he certainly was!

to be honest he got no service in the game

got given chance on late took it

and had shot close from acute angle

cant really judge him to much on this game to be honest but i never thought he got fair crack at whip at you guys. thought maybe you could loaned him before releasing him

Always thought the bloke could play but the combination of being in a new foriegn Country, our Championship being a notoriously physical, difficult but low on quality league the club going through a disasterous  spell under a manager not up to the job and the enevitable change of manager eventually took its toll in the end.

I bet in a slower paced sort of football like that normally found on the continent Strihavka can be mustard!

[quote user="scott"]

Always thought the bloke could play but the combination of being in a new foriegn Country, our Championship being a notoriously physical, difficult but low on quality league the club going through a disasterous  spell under a manager not up to the job and the enevitable change of manager eventually took its toll in the end.

I bet in a slower paced sort of football like that normally found on the continent Strihavka can be mustard!

[/quote]

His language problems didn''t help either. From what I''ve read, he must have been a bit of that Roberto Begnini character  -- an Italian chap with poor English, who kept taking notes of what his cellmates told him and laughed half an hour later --  in the film Down By Law. The fact that everybody was speaking Scottish around him must have been even more of a cultural shock...

[quote user="scott"]

[/quote]

agree to some extent.. had Grant done better (or Even Roeder signed big dave) i think he could of gone on to do well for us.. still think we should of given him a chance... he''s scored against Spurs who are no mugs.... perhaps he could of done well here if cicrumstances had been different

jas :)

From what I saw of the game last night he was one of their best players. He held the ball up well even though his team mates didn''t seem bothered about catching up with him! And he was quick and sharp. Not sure how prolific he would be though - there were a couple of occaisions where if it was Ched or Curo they would have taken on a shot but Dave didn''t - rather he looked for a team mate which was probably the worse decision because very few seemed interested in getting into the box.

He played really well last night. He was bascially isolated 90% of the time. He was having to hold the ball for long periods on his own and didn''t do to bad in that respect. He couldn''t quite work a shot often enough as you would like but then again he was playing on his own upfront and was playing against spurs. He got his goal as well. So in all a good game, I''m still dissapointed that he was let go. He could have at least been on the bench sometimes.

Fair play to him, as Patrick Boyles Toenail Clipppings said, he was certainly a good BYE.

[quote user="Fellas"]He played really well last night. He was bascially isolated 90% of the time. He was having to hold the ball for long periods on his own and didn''t do to bad in that respect. He couldn''t quite work a shot often enough as you would like but then again he was playing on his own upfront and was playing against spurs. He got his goal as well. So in all a good game, I''m still dissapointed that he was let go. He could have at least been on the bench sometimes.
[/quote]

How a manager could pick the abysmal Chris Brown got in ahead of him is beyond me.  The again we are talking about Peter Grant here.

So he isnt good enough for the mighty Norwich

But IS good enough to play in the UEFA cup and score against Tottenham?

That certainly is good logic right there

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Fellas"]He played really well last night. He was bascially isolated 90% of the time. He was having to hold the ball for long periods on his own and didn''t do to bad in that respect. He couldn''t quite work a shot often enough as you would like but then again he was playing on his own upfront and was playing against spurs. He got his goal as well. So in all a good game, I''m still dissapointed that he was let go. He could have at least been on the bench sometimes.
[/quote]

How a manager could pick the abysmal Chris Brown got in ahead of him is beyond me.  The again we are talking about Peter Grant here.

[/quote]

I''d have done the same, CB looked more use than Strihavka. Just because he scored a sitter does not mean we made a mistake getting rid of him.

he didnt get much of a chane to be fair to him,

but still im suprised hes scored v spurs in the uefa cup! What next? Chris Brown to score again for preston, he hant added to his tally of one in the last week has he?

Can only assume the Spurs fans'' chant of "cmon let''s be ''avin you" is aimed at big Dave. [:D]

[quote user="we8wba"]

to be honest he got no service in the game

got given chance on late took it

and had shot close from acute angle

cant really judge him to much on this game to be honest but i never thought he got fair crack at whip at you guys. thought maybe you could loaned him before releasing him

[/quote]

That is the point - he never got a fair crack of the whip. Even the Owens, Rooneys and Berbatovs of this world lose form if they don''t have a regular 90 minutes on the pitch.