Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Trouble at and after the game

a small away following at carrow road standing always looks more impressive than a large turn out sitting down.

in other words 500 fans standing will make more noise than 1000 fans do sitting down. FACT

which is why when you go away the home stewards want you to sit so you dont make to much noise

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="corbs"]I have often said Norwich v Leicester is the closest we get to Norwich v Gippeswyk, partly geography, East Midlands, partly other stuff. ''Bernie is our Leader'' (Nostalgia).  [/quote]

In English please
[/quote]

Well it made perfect sense to me, there has been many a run in with Leicester over the years and last Saturday was just another outbreak of the same 

You seem mightily wound up by the events of last Saturday how so?  Run ins with rival sets of supporters are as old as the hills and whilst it might not rear its head in the ground anymore it certainly hasn’t gone away and I can honestly say it really doesn’t bother me that much either.  

None the less to my mind if groups of blokes who should know better want to some argy-bargy with rival groups wanting the same then let them get on with it.  Keep it out of the ground and amongst them as at least it gives the police something to do other than stick their video cameras in your face and generally act like a bunch of unless oxygen thief’s on a match day  

Still I expect I am just an old dinosaur who used to find watching all the scraps in the old Barclay far more entertaining to watch than the game when he was a lad.  Many an amusing Saturday was spent with my old chap  sat in the old wooden main stand with punch ups galore in the Barclay and cushions being hurled on the pitch from the main stand can you remember that or are you to young? 

Which leads to the end of the 1981 season when an already relegated Leicester came to Carrow Road, beat us and relegated us.  Once again there was a running battle in the city afterwards around where the Nelson Hotel is, scary enough when you are eleven but one of many similar incidents with Leicester over the years. 

Still you seem pretty up tight about this so we aren’t likely to agree but have a go if you will at answering me this, what is your take on a supporter entering the field of play and using a microphone to incite both the home and away supporters at half time?  Do you think sort of behaviour reflects any better on the club than the eleven who got arrested, about the same or worse?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Marty"]

oh what a surprise, bringbackchippy has not replied! I think we can conclude what his feelings are regarding crowd trouble then. Well i''m sure he''ll read this thread again so i''d like to thank him for laying a nice big egg for us? people causing trouble at football matches are filth, as are the people who condone such behaviour, maybe it will take a coin to get lodged into their thick skulls for that message to sink in. Anyone throwing objects at football matches should be banned for life, no debate.

Opinions eh bringbackchippy? we''d love to hear them.

[/quote]

I totally agree Marty - At the grand old age of 7, i was hit by a coin launched by a Wolves scummer. I think i am right in saying, i can''t quite remember, maybe We8 can clear this up, but i believe that away fans used to be seated under a tier of Wolves fans? Regardless, I was hit by a coin at the age of 7, and it truly scared me! Fortunately i did not let it stop me attending again.

Launching missiles is cowardly and very dangerous as it is very much pot-luck as to who you hit and where it hits them. Same as football "firms" - they are just a front for grown men to have a fight. There is no justification for it. True fans love their club enough to respect the team''s reputation. The hooligans who go for a fight are no better than the pr**s who go to city centres on saturday nights to get tanked up and have a fight. The people who execute these acts are scum, and anyone who thinks it is acceptable, let alone glorifies it like BringbackChippy did are scum too.

There is no place for it, anywhere, especially not within football.
[/quote]

sorry to hear about that marty

indeed away fans are usually based on the side of pitch in bottom tier, theres usually no violence between upper and lower tier but obviosuly you get few muppets who come the odd game and decide to cause trouble. i dont know the circumstances but usually it occurs when away fans goad the people in the boxes behind them, this usually sparks of a reaction. but i dont know if this happend? if it was heated match in general? or if it was just a bloody idiot

[quote user="disco dale"]a small away following at carrow road standing always looks more impressive than a large turn out sitting down. in other words 500 fans standing will make more noise than 1000 fans do sitting down. FACT which is why when you go away the home stewards want you to sit so you dont make to much noise[/quote]

I assume you are an adult? difficult to tell. No, I do not accept your fact one iota. If you think that there is some sort of added machisomo by standing at a football ground I guess you should go and see a shrink.

For anyone implying that i should not be wound up by mindless violence at football grounds you are morons, there is no need whatsoever and it ruins the game for decent people like most of the Norwich fans and my girlfriend and I. Am I supposed to feel proud when I see a police helicopter which we are all funding aiding the police in their seaarch for fighting scum that are tenuously linked to my football club?

Football thugs are dinosaurs, people with a low IQ, social missfits, I have no time for them, now that is a fact.

the club should name and shame these idiots!

would make things very difficult for them at home and at work with people labelling them "hooligans".. might make them think twice in future but i doubt it... Perhaps the government could enforce lobotomys for morons that do that sort of thing...

jas :)

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Badcanary"]

I notice a middle age lady got hit by an object, shame she looked upset and holding her head. It also appeared that the stewards and police done nothing and were only arresting the ncfc fans. Also anyone see that lad getting carried away by 6 stewards/coppers from what i hear he was asked to sit down but refused unless they made the leicester fans sit. Fair play to him.

[/quote]

What a bullsh*t argument, i''m not sitting down if they''re not! why don''t people just grow up and do as they are told. I had a prick behind me that kept standing in the gangway, he was asked on numerous occassions politely not to do so, but he was acting like a pathetic spoilt child, so I interveined too! he did eventually get removed for trying to pick a fight with me and calling me and f-ing c over and over again, and no I did nothing to warrant this abuse. I don''t pay £50 to get abuse off morons like this, it puts me and my girlfriend off watching football. Where is the sense of humour that made me proud to be a Norwich fan?
The guy that got removed by the police and then chose to go apesh*t when in full view of the Norwich fans is an attention seeking cretin, are people really impresed by these fools?
[/quote]

I wonder why he tried to pick a fight with you. Perhaps it was because you didn''t mind your own business and sided with the Leicester steward.

"Why don''t people just grow up and do as they are told " - blimey, that''s pretty frightening stuff. Have you been brainwashed or something ?

As for stewards, I will never forget the moronic skinhead senior steward with his headphones patrolling up and down in front of us norwich supporters at Chelsea the other year constantly staring at us and finally liaising with police to get two of our supporters kicked out of the ground. Many stewards, not all of course, but many stewards are by definition supporters of the home team and thickos who get a kick out of being able to exercise authority over others albeit only for 90 minutes (plus injury time of course) a week. The traffic wardens of the "terraces" - seated of course, don''t stand up, it''s a crime worse than buglary.

By the way, when are you going to change your avatar, you''ve been using the same one for such along time.

With respect these dinosaurs are people that have in many cases been going to football for 20-30 years. Its all very well banging on about people standing up and there being a bit of an edge to the game but frankly if football ever loses its edge then I for one will be very sad.

Perhaps the most telling aspects of those who seem so uptight by Saturday''s events and who compain about standing up in grounds then they generally all contain words to the effect of "my girlfriend and I were very upset." That tells you everything you need to know. There are a new breed of fan who go to our games these days and I''m not critcising that but this new breed of fan should accept that there are also still oldschool fans about for whom going to football with the lads, exchanging a few "pleasantries" with the opposition fans and yes, occasionally a bit of a tear-up are what football has always been about and that will never go away. Certain away trips will always be a bit tasty and those of us who go home and away know which ones they will be.

Not condoning the violence but at the same time i''m sick of the sanitisation of the game. Give me the buzz 2,000 of us going down to Portman Road on a Friday night knowing you were in for a rough ride over watching 10,000 kids at Preston wave giant clappy stick things anyday. I also will ALWAYS stand during the game if given the option. Makes for a much better atmosphere.

quote from

I wonder why he tried to pick a fight with you. Perhaps it was because you didn''t mind your own business and sided with the Leicester steward.

"Why don''t people just grow up and do as they are told " - blimey, that''s pretty frightening stuff. Have you been brainwashed or something ?

quote by And he''s the smallest man on the pitch

As for stewards, I will never forget the moronic skinhead senior steward with his headphones patrolling up and down in front of us norwich supporters at Chelsea the other year constantly staring at us and finally liaising with police to get two of our supporters kicked out of the ground. Many stewards, not all of course, but many stewards are by definition supporters of the home team and thickos who get a kick out of being able to exercise authority over others albeit only for 90 minutes (plus injury time of course) a week. The traffic wardens of the "terraces" - seated of course, don''t stand up, it''s a crime worse than buglary.

When what the steward (who was a rather pleasant and chatty chap) was asking politely the man to do something that was in my opinion reasonable and was subjected to abuse I will side with the steward, and since I was getting bored of this cretin joking about dead prostitutes and the lineman being a ****ing **** over and over again as well as racist comments I took umbrage. I also remained polite throughout although called a ****ing **** continually until this simpletion was ejected. So if you are siding with this kind of idiot do you really expect people understand your viewpoint, get real neanderthal.

For the record, if this guy had of tried it on i''d have had him on toast, but personally i''d rather just watch the football and not have to endure people with the IQ of a dustbin, in fact I think my guinea pig has a higher IQ than this guy, and that''s not even a joke! 

Just remove the chip from your shoulder and realise the world (and stewards) haven''t really got it in for you, unless you act like a thug of course, in which case you deserve what is coming.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

With respect these dinosaurs are people that have in many cases been going to football for 20-30 years. Its all very well banging on about people standing up and there being a bit of an edge to the game but frankly if football ever loses its edge then I for one will be very sad.

Perhaps the most telling aspects of those who seem so uptight by Saturday''s events and who compain about standing up in grounds then they generally all contain words to the effect of "my girlfriend and I were very upset." That tells you everything you need to know. There are a new breed of fan who go to our games these days and I''m not critcising that but this new breed of fan should accept that there are also still oldschool fans about for whom going to football with the lads, exchanging a few "pleasantries" with the opposition fans and yes, occasionally a bit of a tear-up are what football has always been about and that will never go away. Certain away trips will always be a bit tasty and those of us who go home and away know which ones they will be.

Not condoning the violence but at the same time i''m sick of the sanitisation of the game. Give me the buzz 2,000 of us going down to Portman Road on a Friday night knowing you were in for a rough ride over watching 10,000 kids at Preston wave giant clappy stick things anyday. I also will ALWAYS stand during the game if given the option. Makes for a much better atmosphere.

[/quote]

Utter tripe, what is a bit of a tear up? if you get a buzz from hooliganism so be it, you are in a dying breed. I have every right to watch football with my girlfriend and if you have an issue with that you are the kind of dinosaur I was referring too. For the record I have been watching football for over 25 years and am pleased to see it become more civilized, whereas this may not please the likes of you and your cohorts it pleases most decent football fans. 

As for standing, you can do it if you want but guarantee it won''t be in front of me, fact.

All stewards at all 92 grounds in the country have to undertake a course in Crowd management, First aid, Emergency evacuation and how to deal with "troublesome" fans.

their job isnt easy.... for the most part we travel well (despite the odd Moron who all clubs have)

Whilst most Stewards probably do support the club (and lets face it they get paid for watching football... well done to them!) they have to maintain the professional standards that the FA and the Premier League have set out in the courses.

Long gone are the days where the local mad man could turn up at 12 midday, sign up as a steward then beat the bejesus out of all and sundry.

Contrast british stewarding to that of its European Counterparts. Wales vs Italy in 2003 saw the Welsh spat on, sicked on, urinated on, even a scooter somehow found its way into the San Siro and got lobbed at the Welsh, whilst the police and stewards either joined in the battering or sat there and let it happen.. as soon as the Welsh tried to speak up they were beaten down.. the BBC caught it all on camera during the match...

Look at the likes of Serie A, La Liga etc.. how many children do you see at these games? answer none...

British football has been made safe, thanks to Hillsboro, thanks to Heysel, thanks to those ogres in the 70''s who deemed it necessary to make monkey chants at Lawrie Cunningham, Send a Bullet to Cyril Regis, or climb onto the barclay Roof and remove a few slates...

We get it right in Britain.. id sooner watch football here in a safe environment where Stewards (for the most part) are chatty, Friendly and Professional.. rather than risk getting my Kidneys cut out in some Turkish Cauldron

I don''t have an issue with you watching football with your girlfriend if thats what you want to do but my point was neither should the fact that you take your girlfriend to the match mean that others have to modify their behaviour and be more "civilised" when in reality they are acting no differently to the way football fans have acted for the last two decades. Its a bit like people moving next door to an airport and then complaining about noise from the planes.

I am not involved in any violence at football and never have been and would not condone it. However by the same token I have seen plenty of trouble over the years and can see why some people enjoy it and often the fact an atmosphere within or around a ground is hostile adds something to the occasion. In many cases over the years if you watched your team away or (in the case of England) abroad then the likelihood of a bit of trouble was simply something that came with the territory. At the end of the day a lot of us are civilised all week and for many football is a chance to let off a bit of steam at the end of what has often been a very long and boring week.

Jim,

I don''t think that Marty is suggesting that you have to act in a ''civilised'' manner, to use your phrase. However I''m sure you''ll agree that racist chants, coin throwing and organised violence are far more than uncivilised behaviour. Society evolves and things we found acceptable thirty years ago are now frowned upon for good reason. A lot of the atmosphere I first experienced when I first started going to games back in the early 80''s has gone and I don''t think we''ll ever get it back. However, we''ve also lost a lot of the racist chanting and violence at the grounds. Could we get one back without the return of the other, in all honesty I''m not sure we could.

You speak of the bahaviour of football fans in the last two decades but if you go even further back you''ll find that there was a time when rival fans sat together with no trouble. When you started going to games did you concern yourself that you were building your noisy and uncivilised airport next to the homes that they had been living in for years?

I read constantly in the press about the problems of Britains ''feral youth'' yet here we have several examples of grown men who think it''s OK to have a scrap at the football. What wonderful role models you are [:$].

"Long gone are the days where the local mad man could turn up at 12

midday, sign up as a steward then beat the bejesus out of all and

sundry."You weren''t at Plymouth away then ?

I was hit by a coin during the game, but i didnt let it ruin my 1st trip out of Norwich. Im only young, and wont be put off, but mum and dad will probably lock me away when they go to the next game. Back in the old cupboard again!

[quote user="Luke Chatten-Paice"]I was hit by a coin during the game, but i didnt let it ruin my 1st trip out of Norwich. Im only young, and wont be put off, but mum and dad will probably lock me away when they go to the next game. Back in the old cupboard again![/quote]

Somebody really ought to phone social services [;)]

I went to the game on Saturday and I took my 7 year old son for his first ever away game, the first thing he told his mum about when he got home was how he saw a Norwich fan get dragged off by 4 policemen, terrible.

If I noticed a group of about 15 Norwich fans leave the minute we went 2.0 down then I am sure the police did, interestingly none of them wore any colours and were in the section next to the Leicester fans. Not a betting man but I wouldn''t be surprised if these were the guys involved in the trouble. If this is the case these guys were not our fans just people from Norwich who came for a scrap and perople we don''t want attending our games.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Utter tripe, what is a bit of a tear up? if you get a buzz from hooliganism so be it, you are in a dying breed. I have every right to watch football with my girlfriend and if you have an issue with that you are the kind of dinosaur I was referring too. For the record I have been watching football for over 25 years and am pleased to see it become more civilized, whereas this may not please the likes of you and your cohorts it pleases most decent football fans. 

As for standing, you can do it if you want but guarantee it won''t be in front of me, fact.

[/quote]

Not quite a "dying breed". I''m a bit old and settled down and cowardly for it all these days, and the kids really wouldn''t like it, but if you ask your friendly local Football Intelligence(sic) Officer(he''s a policeman if you didn''t realise Marty, as you seem to lead a very sheltered life), he will tell you that City''s hooligan mob is the largest it has been in years. British Transport Police said over 200 "active" hooligans travelled to Leicester on Saturday, you can double that number when you add on the non "active" hangers on who condone, and even encourage, their actions. A minority of the 3000 who went to the game yes, but a pretty sizable(and growing) minority nonetheless.

As for "you can do it but guarantee it won''t be in front of me,fact" well that, my man, sounds like fighting talk unless i''m very much mistaken. Easy to get dragged into these situations isn''t it?!!! 

Big Jim, so what suggest I lead a sheltered life, that fact that I don''t regularly observe thugs beating seven shades of cr*p out of each other at a footy game? I have probably lead (and still living) a more colourful and fullfilling life than yourself, and not really sure why objecting to cretinous and banal behaviour of thugs makes me some sort of introvert, that I am not!When I go to a game all that I am bothered about are the fans around me, any other hangers on and this wonderful undergound hooligan mob you obviously know so much about (which mean you have lead a less sheltered life than me of course!) has nothing to do with football. But in general Norwich city have a good friendly image, sorry to burst some of your bubbles folks! pick a harder team if that is what you are after, you''re not welcome anymore.Also, I didn''t say you could do it but not in front of me, I said you won''t do it front of me! also, for the record, the moron that got chucked out was actually behind me, now I proved my point, I was instrumental in his ejection from the ground and there were no punches thrown and not one expletives from me, so maybe check your definition of fighting talk fella. I am just a pricipled decent guy who doesn''t like to tolerate filth.

good to see some sensible replies here, like Shack Attack and Jas (what''s your problem with a little friendly kidney removal between fellow fans Jas, you''re so old fashioned!).But I find it rather amusing that all the "pro" football hooligan (it''s just a fun day out abusing people and acting like naughty little kids with no real friends, beacuse you''re in a gang, but on your own you''re proably big girls blouses really) only have a handfull of posts! a coincidence? or just proving the point that these people really don''t have much interest in the game and what happens on the pitch? well done guys, you''ve proven the point yoursleves, now please feel free to post about football since this is a football forum!Now for those who resent my desire to watch footy with my girlfriend in a civilised atmosphere, we''ve never been thrown out, yet people chanting racist stuff, chucking coins or not doing as a polite stewards requests have! odd that, and to think some of you people are trying to make out I shouldn''t be there, welcome to the 21st century dinosaurs.

[quote user="Marty"]good to see some sensible replies here, like Shack Attack and Jas (what''s your problem with a little friendly kidney removal between fellow fans Jas, you''re so old fashioned!).

But I find it rather amusing that all the "pro" football hooligan (it''s just a fun day out abusing people and acting like naughty little kids with no real friends, beacuse you''re in a gang, but on your own you''re proably big girls blouses really) only have a handfull of posts! a coincidence? or just proving the point that these people really don''t have much interest in the game and what happens on the pitch? well done guys, you''ve proven the point yoursleves, now please feel free to post about football since this is a football forum!

Now for those who resent my desire to watch footy with my girlfriend in a civilised atmosphere, we''ve never been thrown out, yet people chanting racist stuff, chucking coins or not doing as a polite stewards requests have! odd that, and to think some of you people are trying to make out I shouldn''t be there, welcome to the 21st century dinosaurs.
[/quote]

Nobody is making out that you shouldn''t be there just that if you go to football you should accept that there always has been and is always likely to be a more hard core element to our support who will not always obey the stewards or perhaps act in the civilised manner you seem to desire. If we all went to the match with our wives/girlfriends, sat down for 90 minutes and did everything the stewards told us I can tell you now there would be no atmosphere whatsoever. We''re clearly not going to agree on this so lets just leave it at that but I would just say that I would never actively seek to get another Norwich fan thrown out of the ground (unless perhaps they had attacked one of our own fans).

JS, I never said don''t sing, chant, stand at crucial moments did I? my partner is just over 5 feet tall, standing to watch a game is not a feasible option for her is it?

As for getting a guy chucked out, I didn''t, he did it himself! you might tolerate being called a f***** C*** over and over again but i didn''t and won''t! I don''t care that he was a so called fan, he disobeyed polite and simple requests, chanted filth (which alone could have lead to ejection) and goaded and verbally abused me! not my fault then is it?

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

I went to the game on Saturday and I took my 7 year old son for his first ever away game, the first thing he told his mum about when he got home was how he saw a Norwich fan get dragged off by 4 policemen, terrible.

If I noticed a group of about 15 Norwich fans leave the minute we went 2.0 down then I am sure the police did, interestingly none of them wore any colours and were in the section next to the Leicester fans. Not a betting man but I wouldn''t be surprised if these were the guys involved in the trouble. If this is the case these guys were not our fans just people from Norwich who came for a scrap and perople we don''t want attending our games.

[/quote]

thing is dont they have to be fans to get a ticket? surely you didnt sell a ticket to any joe bloggs? with wolves you tend to have to have required amouint of points for certain away games depending on location. i know tickets can be passed on etc.. but surely the club have a system so the true fans get in 1st and the so called one off people dont get tickets due to points system?

[quote user="Marty"]Big Jim, so what suggest I lead a sheltered life, that fact that I don''t regularly observe thugs beating seven shades of cr*p out of each other at a footy game? I have probably lead (and still living) a more colourful and fullfilling life than yourself, and not really sure why objecting to cretinous and banal behaviour of thugs makes me some sort of introvert, that I am not!

When I go to a game all that I am bothered about are the fans around me, any other hangers on and this wonderful undergound hooligan mob you obviously know so much about (which mean you have lead a less sheltered life than me of course!) has nothing to do with football. But in general Norwich city have a good friendly image, sorry to burst some of your bubbles folks! pick a harder team if that is what you are after, you''re not welcome anymore.

Also, I didn''t say you could do it but not in front of me, I said you won''t do it front of me! also, for the record, the moron that got chucked out was actually behind me, now I proved my point, I was instrumental in his ejection from the ground and there were no punches thrown and not one expletives from me, so maybe check your definition of fighting talk fella. I am just a pricipled decent guy who doesn''t like to tolerate filth.
[/quote]

Interesting to see which side of the argument the anger is coming from. And also interesting to note you are happy to help get a fellow City fan chucked out and brand him a "moron" and "filth", when you presumably don`t know him from adam and he was probably p**sed up, yet you condemn people for reacting aggressively when being wound up in a similar fashion by rival supporters.......[^o)]

Other than that, just naive sanctimonious nonsense.

Mr carrow, I refer you to my 9.55am post today, he was not an innocent fan, he was exactly what I said he was.

Do you find racist or sick chants about dead prostitutes funny? I don''t, what with that and other vile behaviour I don''t care who he supports, he was a vile human being. And being drunk is no excuse or reason.

Not being sanctamonious, just have different levels of expected decency and manners from people to you obviously. But if you think I should stand there and be called a F**** C*** contiunally then I think that says something about you.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[Interesting to see which side of the argument the anger is coming from.

[/quote]

Interesting to see that your obsession with that particular argument clouds your judgement when it comes to an issue of common decency. Racist chanting, coin throwing and organised violence are out of order...or maybe you disagree [^o)]. "Next up on ultimate, real, bone headed football firms is The Mr Carrow Crew......and they''re pwopaaah naughty!!!!!!"

And I speak as someone who would dearly love to see terracing brought back to football grounds before you try and pigeon hole me as a namby pamby new age fan as well. I''m just not prepared to side with a bunch of morons to try and prove a point about what a "real fan" I am.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]"Long gone are the days where the local mad man could turn up at 12 midday, sign up as a steward then beat the bejesus out of all and sundry."

You weren''t at Plymouth away then ?

[/quote]

no i wasnt Ralph.. As i said before All stewards have to have the necessary qualifications... If you have seen something untoward at a game or been subject to mob-handedness then complain to the club.. 

[quote user="Marty"]

Mr carrow, I refer you to my 9.55am post today, he was not an innocent fan, he was exactly what I said he was.

Do you find racist or sick chants about dead prostitutes funny? I don''t, what with that and other vile behaviour I don''t care who he supports, he was a vile human being. And being drunk is no excuse or reason.

Not being sanctamonious, just have different levels of expected decency and manners from people to you obviously. But if you think I should stand there and be called a F**** C*** contiunally then I think that says something about you.

[/quote]

Ok Marty, if he was as bad as you say then he was asking for it. I wouldn`t mind betting there`s another side to the story though.....The question is is if a Leicester fan was giving you and your girlfriend the same level of abuse outside the ground and one of our "morons" put him on his toes, would you thank him or report him to the police?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Ok Marty, if he was as bad as you say then he was asking for it. I wouldn`t mind betting there`s another side to the story though.....The question is is if a Leicester fan was giving you and your girlfriend the same level of abuse outside the ground and one of our "morons" put him on his toes, would you thank him or report him to the police?

[/quote]

I don''t actually think this guy was capable of helping me! He was exceptionally bad, but he was no young lad, a middle aged bloke with what may have been two daughters with him, what an example to set.

I don''t claim to be an angel and have no issue with decent and sometimes slightly tasteless banter, but this was worse. I''d also be curious to his side of the story because it is difficult to grasp how dosy he actually was! To be fair to the steward who initially had a go at him, he was very polite and a credit to the club, not a "bit of a heavy" like some are, he was not provoked at all.  

[quote user="Marty"]Big Jim, so what suggest I lead a sheltered life, that fact that I don''t regularly observe thugs beating seven shades of cr*p out of each other at a footy game? I have probably lead (and still living) a more colourful and fullfilling life than yourself, and not really sure why objecting to cretinous and banal behaviour of thugs makes me some sort of introvert, that I am not!

When I go to a game all that I am bothered about are the fans around me, any other hangers on and this wonderful undergound hooligan mob you obviously know so much about (which mean you have lead a less sheltered life than me of course!) has nothing to do with football. But in general Norwich city have a good friendly image, sorry to burst some of your bubbles folks! pick a harder team if that is what you are after, you''re not welcome anymore.

Also, I didn''t say you could do it but not in front of me, I said you won''t do it front of me! also, for the record, the moron that got chucked out was actually behind me, now I proved my point, I was instrumental in his ejection from the ground and there were no punches thrown and not one expletives from me, so maybe check your definition of fighting talk fella. I am just a pricipled decent guy who doesn''t like to tolerate filth.
[/quote]

I don''t really have any idea about how my dull and meaningless life compares to your wonderfully colourful & fulfilling one Marty, all i will say is that you''re the one that drags his girlriend along to matches whilst i go to the game with a bunch of long standing friends, try it sometime, you may find it lightens things up somewhat. Also, out of interest, when you say "you won''t do it in front of me" how exactly would you enforce this tough talk without getting into a confrontation with this mythical bloke in front of you and your girlfriend? I''m guessing here, and correct me if i''m wrong, but would it involve going running up to the nearest steward and having a bit of a whinge? You accuse the Norwich lads(whom i have nothing to do with incidentely, i merely keep my eyes & ears open rather than sticking my head in the sand) of acting like kids in the playground, well my boy is always "telling on" the bad lads in the school playground at lunchtime...

A final thought. The chap you had the run in with at Leicester(incidentely, how innocent a bystander were you when he chose to single you out over the 2999 others there, methinks you may have done a little something to have got him so wound up), and i''m putting 2 and 2 together here, but i''m pretty certain  i know who it was and if it is this person there are a few things to be said. The bloke does drink too much, this can not be denied, and he can be pretty obnoxious at times after one of his 24 hour sessions. However, and this goes against the "all the yobs aren''t real fans, only us good boys & girls are" argument that''s been peddled on this thread, this bloke has had a season ticket since the early eighties(as have i incidentely) so predates most of the "season ticket since 2002" brigade that take such superior delight in having posted a thousand times on here whilst belittling those of us who would rather have a footballing discussion face to face with their mates. He also very rarely misses an away game and is as such a very recognisable and popular face among the most loyal City supporters, can the same be said of you and your girlfriend?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[Interesting to see which side of the argument the anger is coming from.

[/quote]

Interesting to see that your obsession with that particular argument clouds your judgement when it comes to an issue of common decency. Racist chanting, coin throwing and organised violence are out of order...or maybe you disagree [^o)]. "Next up on ultimate, real, bone headed football firms is The Mr Carrow Crew......and they''re pwopaaah naughty!!!!!!"

And I speak as someone who would dearly love to see terracing brought back to football grounds before you try and pigeon hole me as a namby pamby new age fan as well. I''m just not prepared to side with a bunch of morons to try and prove a point about what a "real fan" I am.

[/quote]

Jim Smith put my thoughts into words better than i could earlier in the thread. Racist chanting and coin throwing are totally indefensible. Organised violence? Well if you accept that lads with dull jobs in this mollycoddling society with too much extra energy will always have the odd punch-up, i`d much rather it was organised so that only those who wanted to get involved did get involved, wouldn`t you?

But you can be in my firm if you want-though you`ll have to improve your dodgy cockney geezer impression first...[:)] Maybe we could make a film of our exploits so millions of people could pay their hard-earned cash to shake their heads and tut-tut through it at the cinema.....[:^)]