Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Delia...not quite the angel we all thought she was

according to the telegraph today ''delia smith has admitted that the highly praised teas that she used to prepare for her husband''s cricket team were a bit of a cheat'' - ''when i was really busy,i would get some sanwiches from marks and spencer''
whatever next???

She should go even further up in our estimation for being human, IMO! When I do cricket teas I have four loaves of sandwiches to do with four different fillings, sausage rolls, quiches and cakes for about 25 people. It takes up the best part of a morning, so I fully understand where she is coming from. Well done for admitting it, Delia!

So all this means is that sandwiches from marks and Spencer should be highly praised??? I already knew that ;-0)

It''s just not cricket! I would have liked to have seen the bill Delia presented to the cricket club for the food. I hope this sort wasting of money isn''t a sign of things to come for next year in the Premiership?

Next she''ll be saying that when the restaurant gets busy down at Carrow Road, she pops up to Sainsbury''s to get a few ready meals.

Maybe she should get Gordon Ramsay in to show her how to do things properly - with his experience he may be able to advise on footballing matters also.

One of my friends folks went to her house and she served up fish and chips from the local chippie!!! How disappointing would that be???

Depends on the quality of the fish and chips! I remember hearing Delia say that her local chippie is one of the best in the country, so maybe it wouldn''t be too bad, especially if M & S sandwiches were the alternative if she didn''t have the time to knock up something herself!

I think Mr Ramsays language is more suited to the dug out than the kitchen anyway.

Thanks to my wife for getting me hooked on that totally daft tv show this week...

FatBoy Slim, I hope you are not wasting time watching Hell''s Kitchen when you should be practising your own sandwich-making technique, or even making yourself a proper meal from time-to-time! Delia would never dream of charging her hubby''s cricket team for M & S sandwiches, and well you know it! (You''re not a stirring Binner are you?)

Just watching it at the moment, and come to think of, Delia is an angel compared to Ramsay. He''s awful. F word every other sentence. But maybe he could be used by Worthy next season when the hair dryer treatment may be called for.

I went to Delias for tea once and we had white Mothers Pride bread and seedless Tesco Value jam. Afterwards we all went into the garden for a kick around. I have to say Delia was a little disappointing in goal.