Sign in to follow this  
GMF

I'm going to get slaughtered, but .......

Come on guys, let''s get some grip on the financial reality here. Just because Huckerby is going home, doesn''t mean all things green and yellow stop exisitng after Saturday.

Okay, if some have had enough and feel let down, that''s up to you. Me, I''ve been supporting Norwich far too long to realise that such things happen on a regular basis. And, yes, I keep coming back.

More fool me, you may say, but if I had wanted to support a club that was always successful, won plenty of games, continually made a profit, can buy virtually any player they want and not worry about the financial consequences, I''d of headed for the hills years ago and ended up supporting some one like Man Utd.

SOME CHOICE !!!!!!!

No I don''t. I''ve never said that they were.

There are many reasons why we''ve ended up with the squad that we have, probably too numerous to repeat here.

We ended up in this situation with three loan players partly because our attempts to sign two forwards in the summer drew a blank. (Some will probably point fingers at the Board for this, others will probably quote a variety of reasons, who knows the truth).

Faced with our indifferent start to the season, (we were 12th before the three arrived), the decision was taken to go for the loan signings. It was considered a big risk at £500K, but it paid off better than anyone could really have hoped for.

Now we have the stark choice, follow the same route again, (and most will probably agree that we are unlikely to get as lucky second time around), for another £500k, or purchase one player on a 3/4 year contract costing £3-4 million, (Roy Blower''s figures, not mine), all in by the time you''ve added transfer fees, wages, NI, pension etc.

Tough call, what would you do?