Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Has Roeder done the right thing?

Now that the transfer window is closed has Roeder had a good month. Is he shrewed and saving money for the summer or is he playing a dangerous game if injuries pile up. What cannot be in dispute is what Roeder has done since he has been  here. Again this is linked to my initial question has Roeder done the right thing or is he just riding his luck?.

It hasn''t closed yet... it doesn''t for four and a half hours! So far I am very happy with the way our current squad looks. Add a top striker and we''ll be well away!!

I am more than happy.  The squad is looking decent.  My only concern is that we have rather a lot of loans and we can''t play them all.

Overall though it looks like we have now got a bit of strength and depth.  Drury is on the way back, Otsemebor has some competition.  Huckerby who came as a striker could now feature in that role as we have plenty of cover on the wing.

And we aren''t saddled with anyone on long term deals.  Re-build ready to commence in the summer.  I also wouldn''t be suprised if a couple of the loan lads were on deals where we could possibly buy them at the end of the season or before.

Of course I will be branded a percy and a sheep, do I give a monkeys.........Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And calmed down, I did some thinking.

Sure, I was disappointed as hell with the loan signings, although thankfully, Ched is now staying on here. So I asked myself one simple question:

Do I trust Glen Roeder to do the job and deliver?.

I had to answer YES, I do.

So despite a few initial worries, I''m going to go with the flow, chill out, and trust in Roeder..............well, he hasn''t let us down yet has he?.

And welcome to the new kids on the block.

I don''t know how much choice he had TBH. He''s obviously got a thing for quality footballers, and can''t afford the stupid money that they command at the moment, so he''s borrowed them instead. I can understand him being reluctant to shell out large sums on players he considers not up to the standard he wants the Club to be at, and he will be judged on his signings in the long term, but at the same time, we must MUST build a sound squad of permanent players to be considered a credible football Club.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And calmed down, I did some thinking.

Sure, I was disappointed as hell with the loan signings, although thankfully, Ched is now staying on here. So I asked myself one simple question:

Do I trust Glen Roeder to do the job and deliver?.

I had to answer YES, I do.

So despite a few initial worries, I''m going to go with the flow, chill out, and trust in Roeder..............well, he hasn''t let us down yet has he?.

And welcome to the new kids on the block.

[/quote]

Good to see your panic attack has stopped, look forward to a roller coaster ride for the rest of the Season mate!  

his hand was forced through lack of funds.. but surely a free transfer would of been better than a loan.. see my thread about "stupid magnified" to see why these loan deals could come back and bite us on the arsenals

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

his hand was forced through lack of funds.. but surely a free transfer would of been better than a loan.. see my thread about "stupid magnified" to see why these loan deals could come back and bite us on the arsenals

[/quote]

How would you rate the free treansfer market in January Jaz? Bring back PG eh, he always had a handle on it!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

How would you rate the free treansfer market in January Jaz? Bring back PG eh, he always had a handle on it!

[/quote]

read my other thread regarding loans and injuries then come here and answer ur own question mate... a permanent deal is better than a loan player that cant play

I''ve posted this before, but I think Roeder has done exactly the right thing, with one exception:

Joe Lewis.

The only reason for selling him, surely, was to raise funds for a signing this January to ensure our survival. The logic looked obvious: 400k for Brown + 400k for Lewis + 200k from down the back of Delia''s Aga = 1million for Taylor.

I have no real problem with only getting loans in, as long as the money is spent in the summer, but, if we weren''t going to spend anything in January, why would we offload such a promising player for money we don''t need?

PS - the best bit of business in the window was getting Evans here till the end of the season. He is class. Mr Chris Martin - that''s what an young centre-forward looks like. Watch and learn.