Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

3 hours to go.....

Its too late to open talks with any player now as the player would need to get here for a medical etc. unless hes a binner and he can just run here. So unless were already in top secret talks with a top secret player then we will not get anyone.

[quote user="Wiggle"]Its too late to open talks with any player now as the player would need to get here for a medical etc. unless hes a binner and he can just run here. So unless were already in top secret talks with a top secret player then we will not get anyone.[/quote]

Do you not remember Earnshaw, done minuites before the end of the window?

[quote user="Wiggle"]Its too late to open talks with any player now as the player would need to get here for a medical etc. unless hes a binner and he can just run here. So unless were already in top secret talks with a top secret player then we will not get anyone.[/quote]

I think you are right, sadly [:(]

They could have already had a medical and it would just be down to agreeing terms. However, I don''t think there is anyone else on the way today, especially with Ched''s loan being extended.Glenn''s mission this season is to avoid relegation which, if things continue how they are, will be achieved. He now has a luxury of trying out some new players - maybe with the possibility of some of them becoming permanent deals or season-long loans from the summer - without the added pressure of focusing on points to achieve a play-offs place (although I wouldn''t rule it out from happening).

[quote user="Wiggle"]Its too late to open talks with any player now as the player would need to get here for a medical etc. unless hes a binner and he can just run here. So unless were already in top secret talks with a top secret player then we will not get anyone.[/quote]Lol - according to BBC, Benjani has just left Portsmouth, en route to Manchester to agree personal terms and undergo a medical!! If he can do that then anything is possible!!Id guess he has agreed terms and medical is already underway, and BBC were slightly inaccurate. Be amazing feat to travel the 300 (?) miles from Pompey to Manc AND agree personal terms and complete medical in 2.5hours!!

Wiggle wrote:

Its too late to open talks with any player now as the player would need to get here for a medical etc. unless hes a binner and he can just run here. So unless were already in top secret talks with a top secret player then we will not get anyone.

Yeah but we were in talks with him all day, and he had time to get here from where ever he was. What i am saying is we have no time to approach new players.

think Vince is right.... no ones coming.. we cant plan for the future like this.. im not sad the signings are here.. just said we have been short sighted to some extent

jas :)

Wiggle wrote:

Lol - according to BBC, Benjani has just left Portsmouth, en route to Manchester to agree personal terms and undergo a medical!! If he can do that then anything is possible!!

Id guess he has agreed terms and medical is already underway, and BBC were slightly inaccurate. Be amazing feat to travel the 300 (?) miles from Pompey to Manc AND agree personal terms and complete medical in 2.5hours!!

Hes flying. And all they have to do is sign a pre contract agreement which says basically ''i benjani will sign for you'' so technically it could happen.

[quote user="Wiggle"]

Wiggle wrote:

Lol - according to BBC, Benjani has just left Portsmouth, en route to Manchester to agree personal terms and undergo a medical!! If he can do that then anything is possible!!

Id guess he has agreed terms and medical is already underway, and BBC were slightly inaccurate. Be amazing feat to travel the 300 (?) miles from Pompey to Manc AND agree personal terms and complete medical in 2.5hours!!

Hes flying. And all they have to do is sign a pre contract agreement which says basically ''i benjani will sign for you'' so technically it could happen.

[/quote]

a pre contract agreement cannot be signed unless a player has less than 6 months to run on his contract.. also, they start at the end of the contract

jas :)

[quote user="Wiggle"]

Wiggle wrote:

Yeah but we were in talks with him all day, and he had time to get here from where ever he was. What i am saying is we have no time to approach new players.

[/quote]

Wasnt Earnie''s deal done at Reading FC?

Players can have their medical done elsewhere and have the results faxed to the club. That is what happened with Earnshaw. A lot of players have their medicals at their existing club, on deadline day that is. Having said that I do think we are done for the day, although might have expected a statement from the club saying so........I''m pretty happy with the players we have got in, a striker would of been great. But it still isn''t worth getting substanded players in for the sake of it, we already have that in the likes of Martin. If we have an injury crisis we will just have to bring in the youth players. Could be good for the likes of Bally and co.I''ll keep one eye of SSN though, just in case,

Ah i didn''t know he could sign pre-contracts.....Any reason why we couldn''t do this then?I''d still have thought the flight, transport to sports facility and medical would take longer than 2.5hours? Definitely will if he has to wait at the baggage carousel, that always takes ages!! :)Anyway, im not giving up hope just yet.....

[quote user="kick it off"]Ah i didn''t know he could sign pre-contracts.....

Any reason why we couldn''t do this then?

I''d still have thought the flight, transport to sports facility and medical would take longer than 2.5hours?

Definitely will if he has to wait at the baggage carousel, that always takes ages!! :)

Anyway, im not giving up hope just yet.....

[/quote]

WOTB posters still seem to think there is at least one more on the way before midnight.

The Scunthorpe site says that paterson was sold this morning but will not be announced til 1145.

Who knows what will transpire before breakfast!!

Wiggle wrote:

How do you know they''re not? Think they would post on here how negotiations are getting on??

No but football being football 99% of the time there is a leak...

[quote user="Wiggle"]

No but football being football 99% of the time there is a leak...

[/quote]

Have you read Pink-un today? The talk that we''re in for Paterson is even mentioned  is mentioned on this very thread?!!

Plus these ones

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1151237/ShowPost.aspx

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1150454/ShowPost.aspx

You''ll probably end up being right, we''ll most probably end up with no one else. All I''m saying is that time will not be an issue if we were in for someone.

If people want to do a deal, they will make it happen.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]The Norwich signing team also thought about flying to meet a target player - but discovered that the £3 departure fee from Norwich airport put the deal over budget.[/quote]Quality Vince... Quality.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[quote user="C.T "]Once it gets to quarter to 12 Im giving up.[/quote]

So are you one of those people who leaves before the end of the game?

[:)]

[/quote]

No, o and fyi Ive only missed two home games this season Scunthorpe and Barnet. (Hopefully Ill be seeing Paterson play  this season)

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[quote user="C.T "]Once it gets to quarter to 12 Im giving up.[/quote]

So are you one of those people who leaves before the end of the game?

[:)]

[/quote]

No, o and fyi Ive only missed two home games this season Scunthorpe and Barnet. (Hopefully Ill be seeing Paterson play  this season)