Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

it`s Glen Who Picks The Team...not the board

Title says it all, really. It was GR who went shopping in the window. The board have not gone out and chosen the loan targets, so why keep blaming them for the results - or not - of his shopping.

GR picks the team. Both he  and LC will know exactly how they can move forward as already demonstrated since their arrival. At no time has anyone shown any evidence that the purse strings were pulled tight shut during this window.

Whilst the board are responsible for many things, I don`t think they can be blamed here without any hard facts!

[quote user="C.T "]It is the boards fault when GR doesnt have any money to spend on a striker.[/quote]

But you cannot state that there is no money to spend on anyone...unless of course you have inside information in which case I bow down to your greater knowledge.

Another post based purely on speculation.

Show us the facts behind this statement.!

The buck has to stop at the top because it has nowhere else to go.

We got Grant because of the Board but we got Roeder despite them. We were 5 points adrift after Plymouth away because of the Board but we are 10 games unbeaten and in mid table despite them. We only bought in loans because of the Board but if they turn out to be good it will be despite them.

The FOOTBALL club is moving forward. It''s a new era. Whether you believe its happening because of the Board or despite the Board don''t get left behind in a pool of bitterness.

[quote user="McCanary"]

Title says it all, really. It was GR who went shopping in the window. The board have not gone out and chosen the loan targets, so why keep blaming them for the results - or not - of his shopping.

GR picks the team. Both he  and LC will know exactly how they can move forward as already demonstrated since their arrival. At no time has anyone shown any evidence that the purse strings were pulled tight shut during this window.

Whilst the board are responsible for many things, I don`t think they can be blamed here without any hard facts!

[/quote]

It''s very simple Mac. If your mum gives you a fiver to buy a new pair of strides it will be no surprise that you can only shop in Primark.

[quote user="C.T "]It is the boards fault when GR doesnt have any money to spend on a striker.[/quote]Is it the boards fault that the chairman of Scunthorpe values his striker for 5 million ?  This being the same striker that he bought at a tribunal for £425,000 3 months ago ?What you have witnessed is a manager not wanted to be held over a barrel, and coming up with some very exciting alternatives.  I can''t see what the problem is when we are (for the 723rd time) 10 games without defeat.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="C.T "]It is the boards fault when GR doesnt have any money to spend on a striker.[/quote]

Exactly!.

[/quote]You have inside knowledge too? Goodness me, considering our board are perenially keeping everyone in the dark, there are an awful lot of people on here who are privy to information about our transfer budget (or apparent lack of). Seeing as you''re obviously ''flies on the wall'', perhaps you could tell us which strikers Glenn was looking at, how much money he asked for, and how much the board were prepared to give?No?Thought not.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Exactly!.

[/quote]

The Scunthorpe striker we were after was not for sale though - they said even 5 million would not be enough to sign him.

So we spent the whole month waiting to bid on a striker with 2 days left who was not for sale at any price , and we finally meet the Taylor valuation when its clear Brum are not selling . Anybody would think we didnt really want to spend anything at all .

[quote user="The Drop"]So we spent the whole month waiting to bid on a striker with 2 days left who was not for sale at any price , and we finally meet the Taylor valuation when its clear Brum are not selling . Anybody would think we didnt really want to spend anything at all .[/quote]

Now whatever would make anybody think like that?

Well "Drop", perhaps the penny is beginning to "Drop" for some of you.

[quote user="C.T "]

I feel honoured that the wizard one agrees with me!

Compare our dealings with any other club between the prem and league 1. We are lagging behind, Delia has to go and soon!

[/quote]

Not correct to compare us with Premiership teams as we are in the Championship, you may as well compare us with L1 and L2 teams by that reasoning.

Lagging behind who exactly? Charlton? Coventry? Cardiff? Sheffield Utd? Sheff Weds? All teams who have not exactly been busy in the Transfer Window.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]  I can''t see what the problem is when we are (for the 723rd time) 10 games without defeat.[/quote]I''m having a little trouble understanding this concept.  Could you try again? I reckon it''ll get through the 725th time.