Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Well done Joe......

Well that''s just great isn''t it? Sums this pathetic lot up, we''ve got half a dozen first team Lonee''s in, and we sell a potential future England Keeper to...Ahem...Peterborough for less than half a million. We''ll be fine fine, we''ve got a couple of Reading youngsters in [I''m sure we sold Flecky to them for eff all],oh how the mighty falls hey? Well at least we''ll have the best 5 a side team in the land next year, must be great for confidence.I love it when they say ''''Dave the striker cost us 1 million [oh yes, make it out that we''re spending the money,and, when it suits them....wait...it cost us...two hundred grand!!].....Spin bloody spin.....!! OOOOH i forgot...we''ll hads of money to spend in the summer....as a * feeder club to READING.!!

The only spin is the rubbish you''re typing Arthur.Will you PLEASE tell us when the club once told us we spent 1million on Dave Striker?No of course you won''t, because they didn''t.I''ve asked you that question several times, and not once have you had the good manners to answer it. YOU have no credability, YOU are the one putting words into the board''s mouth. If you want to claim the board have lied, stop telling lies yourself.The board haven''t even said we had any money to spend this month, so you can''t accuse them of lyin there. I fully believe we have, and Roeder doesn''t want to spend it all, even if he does spend a bit to get a striker in (which is looking doubtful now). We''ll see later. But either way, we can''t claim the board have told us anything wrong there.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"] Well that''s just great isn''t it? Sums this pathetic lot up, we''ve got half a dozen first team Lonee''s in, and we sell a potential future England Keeper to...Ahem...Peterborough for less than half a million. We''ll be fine fine, we''ve got a couple of Reading youngsters in [I''m sure we sold Flecky to them for eff all],oh how the mighty falls hey? Well at least we''ll have the best 5 a side team in the land next year, must be great for confidence.I love it when they say ''''Dave the striker cost us 1 million [oh yes, make it out that we''re spending the money,and, when it suits them....wait...it cost us...two hundred grand!!].....Spin bloody spin.....!! OOOOH i forgot...we''ll hads of money to spend in the summer....as a * feeder club to READING.!![/quote]I think we''ve been here before arthur but you went off somewhere (British army, Pakistan, immigration, National front, etc)  without answering my question but I''ll try again.....

Can you please show me where Norwich City Football Club said Strihavka cost £1m ?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"] Well that''s just great isn''t it? Sums this pathetic lot up, we''ve got half a dozen first team Lonee''s in, and we sell a potential future England Keeper to...Ahem...Peterborough for less than half a million. We''ll be fine fine, we''ve got a couple of Reading youngsters in [I''m sure we sold Flecky to them for eff all],oh how the mighty falls hey? Well at least we''ll have the best 5 a side team in the land next year, must be great for confidence.I love it when they say ''''Dave the striker cost us 1 million [oh yes, make it out that we''re spending the money,and, when it suits them....wait...it cost us...two hundred grand!!].....Spin bloody spin.....!! OOOOH i forgot...we''ll hads of money to spend in the summer....as a * feeder club to READING.!![/quote]

Just to add, Arthur, that you''ve missed our ten game unbeaten run including 3 out of 5 away wins from your list.

Glad to be of assistance. [;)]   

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"] Well that''s just great isn''t it? Sums this pathetic lot up, we''ve got half a dozen first team Lonee''s in, and we sell a potential future England Keeper to...Ahem...Peterborough for less than half a million. We''ll be fine fine, we''ve got a couple of Reading youngsters in [I''m sure we sold Flecky to them for eff all],oh how the mighty falls hey? Well at least we''ll have the best 5 a side team in the land next year, must be great for confidence.I love it when they say ''''Dave the striker cost us 1 million [oh yes, make it out that we''re spending the money,and, when it suits them....wait...it cost us...two hundred grand!!].....Spin bloody spin.....!! OOOOH i forgot...we''ll hads of money to spend in the summer....as a * feeder club to READING.!![/quote]

Just to add, Arthur, that you''ve missed our ten game unbeaten run including 3 out of 5 away wins from your list.

[/quote]

Sorry, McDP, But that''s irrelevant.

To Arhtur & his ilk, the only thing that matters is being in the right. The success of  NCFC can only be on their terms. They call themselves supporters, but all they really want is to be confirmed in their own tiny-minded (sic!) World view; if it''s it not done their way, they positively want the club to fail. They may say they''re concerned for the club, but in reality thy''re far more concerned for their own egos.

It''s good to know Alf Garnett''s even madder brother is alive & well & living in Norfolk.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

Sorry, McDP, But that''s irrelevant.

To Arhtur & his ilk, the only thing that matters is being in the right. The success of  NCFC can only be on their terms. They call themselves supporters, but all they really want is to be confirmed in their own tiny-minded (sic!) World view; if it''s it not done their way, they positively want the club to fail. They may say they''re concerned for the club, but in reality thy''re far more concerned for their own egos.

It''s good to know Alf Garnett''s even madder brother is alive & well & living in Norfolk.

[/quote]

So its funny how,when the money wasn''t being spent we we''re led to believe that we spent 1 million on Dave and that is fact! Look back on his threads on here and no doubt others in the paper. You can say what you want, the fact is we are a feeder team to reading and Boro.... now explain why that is please?

PS- keep up the petty name calling, like everything in life,time will tell! I would say Naive but that''s an insult to my grand children!

PPS- how many first team players are going to want to play for a team that only plays loans? We really are shooting ourselves in the foot as club now.

Now dont skip round my questions......

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"] Well that''s just great isn''t it? Sums this pathetic lot up, we''ve got half a dozen first team Lonee''s in, and we sell a potential future England Keeper to...Ahem...Peterborough for less than half a million. We''ll be fine fine, we''ve got a couple of Reading youngsters in [I''m sure we sold Flecky to them for eff all],oh how the mighty falls hey? Well at least we''ll have the best 5 a side team in the land next year, must be great for confidence.I love it when they say ''''Dave the striker cost us 1 million [oh yes, make it out that we''re spending the money,and, when it suits them....wait...it cost us...two hundred grand!!].....Spin bloody spin.....!! OOOOH i forgot...we''ll hads of money to spend in the summer....as a * feeder club to READING.!![/quote]Oops, nearly forgot arthur.....

I may not like what you slur,but i like the fact you can slur it.

[:D][:D][:D]

" when the money wasn''t being spent we we''re led to believe that we spent 1 million on Dave and that is fact! "Being "led to believe" is subjective rather than fact.Your original claim was that we were told, rather than being led to believe. I do hope you are not backtracking Mr Whittle

I''ll ask you again arthur....

Can you please show me where Norwich City Football Club said Strihavka cost £1m ?

Also,you said.....

You can say what you want, the fact is we are a feeder team to reading and Boro.... now explain why that is please?

If that is one of your famous FACTS then surely Bolton must be a feeder team for Southampton as they''ve taken Rasiak on loan.

Now dont skip round my questions......

it seems we have forgoten the heading of this stream. I agree, well done Joe, you deserve it.

Yet again this forum seems to be caught up in its own battles rather then pay tribute to a great talent that has been called up to represent his country, i saw ''tiny minds'' mentioned on one reply, well said you

I remember when I first starting watching City, I stood in the River End, over 30 years ago (I am still a fledgling fan). I always remember being shocked by the grown men around me, all moaning and angry. I thought, these guys are really fed up with their lives, and they use football to vent their disappointment.Well, the negative posts on here remind me of those days, and stand in contrast to my experiences watching us. I really enjoy the challenge and this season has been excellent for the Club, and I see mainly positives when I look at NCFC plc, which is not to say constructive criticisms are not welcome. Richard Balls surely gets it right ;

We are blessed to have Delia and Michael as majority shareholders - fans through and through who watched City for decades before they ever set foot in the boardroom. Ask Liverpool fans at the moment what they would give to have such die-hard fans at the helm of their club.

PAY ATTENTION TO ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME! SOMEONE, PLEASE FILL THE EMPTY VOID THAT IS MY LIFE AS ARTHUR WHITTLE!

Arthur you do realise the term ''feeder club'' is generally used to describe clubs who spend their time & money bringing up a player to a saleable standard before selling their prized self produced assets for fees to stay alive (think West Ham pre biscuit tycoon man). I hardly think that wheeling and dealing in the loan market can constitute being a ''feeder club''. I bet you were not moaning (although one actually suspects you were!) when Crouch, Harper & Hucks were loan signings in the championship promotion side............

Personally I''d rather take 3 or 4 promising youngsters on to increase competition for places & inject some youthful passion for the game rather than sign more rubbish like Lappin or Murray et all.

I''m sure you find something to moan about again tomorrow.

Sweet dreams happy camper.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"] Well that''s just great isn''t it? Sums this pathetic lot up, we''ve got half a dozen first team Lonee''s in, and we sell a potential future England Keeper to...Ahem...Peterborough for less than half a million. We''ll be fine fine, we''ve got a couple of Reading youngsters in [I''m sure we sold Flecky to them for eff all],oh how the mighty falls hey? Well at least we''ll have the best 5 a side team in the land next year, must be great for confidence.I love it when they say ''''Dave the striker cost us 1 million [oh yes, make it out that we''re spending the money,and, when it suits them....wait...it cost us...two hundred grand!!].....Spin bloody spin.....!! OOOOH i forgot...we''ll hads of money to spend in the summer....as a * feeder club to READING.!![/quote]I think we''ve been here before arthur but you went off somewhere (British army, Pakistan, immigration, National front, etc)  without answering my question but I''ll try again.....

[/quote]

Agree with you 100% Arthur.

Yet more hysteria from the flock... it''s hillarious...

Fleeced again, as the board do just enough to ensure that we are playing in the Chumpionship and that they have bums on seats again next season.

The board did see fit to say that Strivahka cost £850,000 when we signed him though didn''t they LAPPIN?

oh but when we sold him apparantly we only spent a quarter of that (and even then he was overpriced)...  [:P]

Arthur Whittle wrote:

"So its funny how,when the money wasn''t being spent we we''re led to believe that we spent 1 million on Dave and that is fact! Look back on his threads on here and no doubt others in the paper. - just because someone wrote it on a message board doesn''t mean it was anything close to reality

You can say what you want, the fact is we are a feeder team to reading and Boro.... now explain why that is please? - er, because they''re in the premiership and we''re not. stupid question

PS- keep up the petty name calling, - okay. you''re a buffoon.

like everything in life,time will tell! I would say Naive but that''s an insult to my grand children!

PPS- how many first team players are going to want to play for a team that only plays loans? We really are shooting ourselves in the foot as club now. - if they don''t want to play for the club, then surely we don''t want them here

Now dont skip round my questions......"

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

The board did see fit to say that Strivahka cost £850,000 when we signed him though didn''t they LAPPIN?

[/quote]No....they didn''tFor the upteenth time please show us where they told us Strihavka cost us £850k.

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So Judderman how much did you honestly believe we signed him for? Because everyone i know and most city fans believed it was 1 million Euros, Now its a bit of a coincidence that with add on''s he would''ve cost that much, so someone at the club must of stated this at the time to make it look like we were spending big bucks. When everyone realised he was a crock of shite and paid off,the club comes out and say he only cost us 2 hundred grand.....now i think they call that spin and if you believe otherwise,well more fool you.
No....they didn''t
For the upteenth time please show us where they told us Strihavka cost us £850k.
[/quote]

No. The club stated it was an undisclosed fee. ttp://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1071390,00.htmlThe press in Eastern Europe said 1million euro''s, so most of us decided it must be something about that. we were wrong.You seriously think the club decided to leak that it was 1million euros to the Czech press, while not disclosing the fee to the British press so that we''d think he cost that much?

Smudger and Whittle - never knowingly correctA local firm of fantasists dealing in myth, spin and general binner tosh.

I''m sorry Arthur, but Strihavka''s fee was always officially ''undisclosed''.  Yes, media stories put his value at around 1m euros (it was believed he had a release clause - but again, this is merely media speculation), but the OFFICIAL fee still remained UNDISCLOSED.  If you want to have a go at anyone over this, it is the local media, not the club.

But then, why let the truth get in the way of a good moan about the club?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Agree with you 100% Arthur.

Yet more hysteria from the flock... it''s hillarious...

Fleeced again, as the board do just enough to ensure that we are playing in the Chumpionship and that they have bums on seats again next season.

oh but when we sold him apparantly we only spent a quarter of that (and even then he was overpriced)...  [:P]

[/quote]That''s just it smudger, they didn''t. Unless you can show me differently.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

I''m sorry Arthur, but Strihavka''s fee was always officially ''undisclosed''.  Yes, media stories put his value at around 1m euros (it was believed he had a release clause - but again, this is merely media speculation), but the OFFICIAL fee still remained UNDISCLOSED.  If you want to have a go at anyone over this, it is the local media, not the club.

[/quote]

Rubbish,i''m sorry but its just far to coincidental that his price would''ve of come to that amount with add on''s. Its far more likely the board bandied that figure out to prove they were spending the money even though they hadn''t paid anywhere near that amount at the time. It wasn''t a complete disaster in the end because we didn''t pay that amount but it was a quality bit of spin IMO from the spin masters. It''s rather naive to think otherwise.....oh and prove me wrong!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

[/quote]

Rubbish,i''m sorry but its just far to coincidental that his price would''ve of come to that amount with add on''s. Its far more likely the board bandied that figure out to prove they were spending the money even though they hadn''t paid anywhere near that amount at the time. It wasn''t a complete disaster in the end because we didn''t pay that amount but it was a quality bit of spin IMO from the spin masters. It''s rather naive to think otherwise.....oh and prove me wrong!

[/quote]

That''s ridiculous - supposition and pure conjecture on your part.  You know as well as I do that I cannot disprove your conspiracy theory any more than you can prove it.  However, to accuse the club of things which are merely YOUR OPINION is a dangerous road to go down.  The OFFICIAL line, like it or not, was that the fee and terms of the deal were UNDISCLOSED.  However distasteful to you that may be, those are the FACTS.  The rest is mere paper talk and speculation.  You show me the press releases FROM THE CLUB which back up your accusations and I will gladly apologise to you and join you in criticism for it; however, I bet you can''t produce them, because they do not exist.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

May be some guy randomly heard a club official talking about it at Dunston Hall.......[;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course that''s the case Arthur.

If our board do not say anything with regards to transfer fee''s and wished Shi-hit-vahka''s fee to remain undisclosed then why when it suits them are they so readily bandying figures about?  I''m sure there is more truth in the press stories than what comes out of the Donksters mouth!!!