Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

A good window

Ok, so no Taylor and no new Striker.  However I still say Roeder has done well and at very least put down so much needed ground work for the summer.  Many fans would argue that it was the dead wood that we needed out and Roeder has got rid of Brellier, Strihavka, Brown.  Also loaned out Ryan Jarvis and Simon Lappin.

As for the arrivals well I am very happy because we have some real options now.  At last we have some cover for Doherty and Shackell as well as Semmy.  We have added some much needed flair in Henry and Gibbs and extended Ched Evans loan till the end of the season.  Also earlier in the window Roeder extended Camara loan and also added Bertrand on Loan.  So we have 7 loan players, but can only use 5 each matchday.  Is this real as big of a problem as everyone makes out Pearce and Bates are both mainly central defenders and I can''t see them both playing together, so we may only see one of them in the squad at a time.  Gibbs is a great prospect, but has comeptition as well.  Huckerby & Bertrand on the left and Pattison, Fozzy and Rusty in midfield, so he won''t play every week.  Henry is probably a good player for the bench, but you probably wouldn''t have him and Bertrand on the bench.  So all in all I think it can work it''s all about having a squad. 

How easily they satisfy us.

Another transfer window passes with no money spent.

In fact by my calculations we''ve made another half million profit.

That makes about £3 million for this financial year. Put Doncaster in charge of Northern Rock I say. They will soon be out of trouble.

Norwich City F.C. Test bed and shop window for clubs with real ambition.

[quote user="ricardo"]

That makes about £3 million for this financial year. Put Doncaster in charge of Northern Rock I say. They will soon be out of trouble.

[/quote]

How easily you are dissatisfied.

Success isn''t judged by how much money you spend at the January sales, it''s about how many points you get.

We can all make suppositions about what may or may not happen due to our transfer dealings through the window, but until we see the results there''s not really anything worthwhile to say.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

But their desks are about as mobile as the Ipswich back four!

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

How easily you are dissatisfied.

Success isn''t judged by how much money you spend at the January sales, it''s about how many points you get.

We can all make suppositions about what may or may not happen due to our transfer dealings through the window, but until we see the results there''s not really anything worthwhile to say.

[/quote]

Same old tired exscuses trotted out every year.

It took me fifty years of support before I became disatisfied Foggo.

The recent glut of points has only served to allow the board to carry on with their parsimonious ways.

This club has just become stepping stone for those with greater ambition.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]

Ok, so no Taylor and no new Striker.  However I still say Roeder has done well and at very least put down so much needed ground work for the summer.  [/quote]

Yes, exactly.  Tactical signings to get us through to the summer with competition in nearly every place on the pitch - and all for an increased wage bill largely offset by sacking Brellier, Murray and Strihavka, selling Brown and loaning Lappin and Jarvis.  Extremely shrewd and well-judged by the look of it.

I''m as optimistic about NCFC as I have been at any time since the morning after Fulham away.