Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

I know I'm an outsider but............

I think you should just trust your Manager with his signings.  I am just slightly astonished that many of you seem unwilling to do so and are willing to pass judgment on his signings before any of them have kicked a ball in your name.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

I think you should just trust your Manager with his signings.  I am just slightly astonished that many of you seem unwilling to do so and are willing to pass judgment on his signings before any of them have kicked a ball in your name.

[/quote]

Perhaps we just have higher expectations than you.

No offence intended.

[/quote]

I have complete and utter faith in our Manager........

I will amend my above statement accordingly come May this year.........Including what occurs during the close-season with whatever funds are made available to him. My biggest fear is that if he carries on with his most admirable ability to achieve what he was employed to do.......a Premiership club, may just show interest and court his signature.

I think they''re great camul, but they''re not ours. Whether I''ll feel as badly when we''ve extended our unbeaten League run to 28 games and make the play-offs because of our +40 goal difference I don''t know....

Thats sum norwich fans for ya, 99% of us judge once we''ve seen them play ! Trust Roeder the players he has brought in already have all been good signings so lets just see what these youngs can do !

Agreed!

Roeder must be trusted - the results so far speak for themselves.

Hands up if you''d heard of Matty Patty, Shed or Plastic Bertrand before December.

Let''s see what today''s signings can do - they''re on loan and could therefore become permanent before 28th April - everybody loves to try before they buy!

He knows what he''s doing.

No offence taken.

I have high expectations before every game but whether his signings are good or bad (and I haven''t a clue) I do think you should give him a chance to see what he does with them and how they do.

I think you should just trust your Manager with his signings.  I am just slightly astonished that many of you seem unwilling to do so and are willing to pass judgment on his signings before any of them have kicked a ball in your name.[/quote]

There are a few fans on here who have delusions of grandeur but most of us are realistic. The vast majority of us are completely delighted with what Roeder''s done so far. Yes, we would have preferred a striker but Glenn is a vocal critic of the window and is obviously saving the money for the summer rather than overspending on mediocrity... and anyway, we''ve extended Ched''s loan which is obviously a bonus. We were 5 points adrift and all looking at the prospect of relegation 3 months ago and look at us now - looking up the way. You''ll certainly not hear many City fans criticising Roeder''s management so far.

[quote user="Old Boy"]I think they''re great camul, but they''re not ours. Whether I''ll feel as badly when we''ve extended our unbeaten League run to 28 games and make the play-offs because of our +40 goal difference I don''t know....[/quote]I think it is about the bigger picture. I think Roeder wants to bring in a team that will be playing together for years rather than months.These youngsters in on loan are to strengthen the team untill the summer when he will surely be handed a bigger transfer kitty and also get more for his money. And as for them being youngsters they are on less money in wages and are likely to have cost less or even nothing to loan when compared to experienced players who are more likely not to "turn up" on matchdays. These guys will have been sent out by their managers to prove that they are up to premiership football by ripping appart the Championship.Camara hasn''t been handed a permanent contract so at the moment we have two temporary left backs with the only permanent one out crocked for the time being.Left wing we have one full time player in Huckaby that, love him or hate him, will only be here for another season if that. Otherwise we have players like Patterson that can do a job there.At right back we have one permanent player with Bates coming in as back up.At right wing we have Croft with Chadders being out pretty much for the rest of the season.Essentially you look at these youngsters coming in and they are at least giving us depth that we don''t have until the summer. From the managers and hopefully the boards perspective they haven''t eaten into the transfer budget and therefore save money for the summer where I fully expect Roeder to do more of his buisiness - as he stated in the first place prior to January.Have faith. We have a squad that will battle on, I''m not sure that we really have enough in our tanks (I believe we have the players) to make the play-offs. And I am going to be really contraversial here - if we made them in some ways I hope we wouldn''t get promoted! I say that because you look at the current squad and how many of them would be up to it? Marshall, Otsemobor, Croft, Fotheringham, Russell, Patterson and even then some of those will be at a push. We would have to splash some serious cash to get the sort of players needed and in numbers to make a season of it otherwise like Derby and Sunderland before them we would be looking at building a new Championship team by Christmas.Have faith in Roeder - so far all of his loans have pushed us up the table.

Mello Yello wrote

My biggest fear is that if he carries on with his most admirable ability to achieve what he was employed to do.......a Premiership club, may just show interest and court his signature.

Nail on the head Mello - that is my great fear too.

I think Glenn''s done the right thing this window - some proven youngsters (most are youth internationals) to help challenge for positions and continue bringing life back into our performances. These players are not "set in their ways old pros" like many that we could have picked up (Grant style - cheap!) throughout this window. They are eager to learn their craft, and (judging by where they''ve come from and obviously been well thought of) have the talent to follow it through. I do think it''s a shame that there''s no striker, and that nothing could be sorted out with Brum for Tiny at a sensible price, but hopefully summer prices will be better value... If Cureton can remember where the back of the net is, then the no-striker issue might not be an issue after all!

There''s always the theory that our home grown youngsters might be weaned off the pies and actually start showing some fight for their places in the team. The example shown by Ched, Ryan and the other new guys might help, although if Dion''s/Crofty''s example isn''t enough, then you''ve got to wonder about their desire (and, I guess, ability) to actually play top flight football.

When Grant left, I''d have happily given the next manager the target of remaining in the division with a rebuild exercise this summer. By the looks of things, that''s what we''ll have. In October, if I''d really believed that we''d be in a position where top half was a reality, and play offs weren''t written off at the end of January, then I think I''d have probably been recommended an appointment with a shrink.

Lappin''s loan is an interesting one though. Does Glenn believe that he might have a part to play next season?

Ben

Dont assume everyone on here is a narrow minded reactionary with their own agenda.

[/quote]

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Mello Yello wrote

My biggest fear is that if he carries on with his most admirable ability to achieve what he was employed to do.......a Premiership club, may just show interest and court his signature.

Nail on the head Mello - that is my great fear too.

[/quote]

Mello, Steve - don''t worry. I think the premiership is so far up it''s own *rse that it would never employ a "failed" manager such as Glen Roeder. All the idiot fans and chairmen demand Europe''s best, and as such would rather go for a successful continental manager than an Englishman that would be seen as having "had his chance".

I think we''ll be safe. Unless we slump, and a high championship team comes in. But hopefully we''ll be considered just as "big" a club.

I think Lappins loan is partly a wages issue - not wanting to drop to Scottish levels. Also, if the loan players depart, Lappin is the only sensible cover for Drury until a replacement can be brought in in the summer. I expect him to leave when Glenn finds a permanent replacement.As for losing Glenn Roeder after we climb the table - it''ll be the FA who come knocking as they finally find an English manager to replace Capello, in 4 years time. We should be at the end of our second season in the Prem by then! [;)]

[/quote]

You and me both Camul.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

No offence intended.

[/quote]

No offence taken but I am truthfully not sure how to answer it.  I just want the best for my club and there is no doubt that I envy you your Manager and the contacts he clearly has and, while unsatisfactory to many of your posters, you are in a different league from my club both in history and financially.

My expectations are certainly less because at the moment I would just like my club to stay at this level if that is possible and if it is not possible I would at least expect us to go down fighting.

And with our admittedly modest signings I hope, if we are to go down, we shall do so kicking and screaming.  That is the least I expect.

I am thrilled by our four signings - two of whom have kicked a ball for us quite well I think and two hopefully will do so soon.

However I still don''t see the point or the validity of putting down players, manager, board, directors before any of us have seen how the players get on in the games yet to come.

This may just be me.

No offence taken but I am truthfully not sure how to answer it.  I just want the best for my club and there is no doubt that I envy you your Manager and the contacts he clearly has and, while unsatisfactory to many of your posters, you are in a different league from my club both in history and financially.

My expectations are certainly less because at the moment I would just like my club to stay at this level if that is possible and if it is not possible I would at least expect us to go down fighting.

And with our admittedly modest signings I hope, if we are to go down, we shall do so kicking and screaming.  That is the least I expect.

I am thrilled by our four signings - two of whom have kicked a ball for us quite well I think and two hopefully will do so soon.

However I still don''t see the point or the validity of putting down players, manager, board, directors before any of us have seen how the players get on in the games yet to come.

This may just be me.

[/quote]

Well said sir. An object lesson in how to honestly, realistically BUT, nevertheless, passionately support your team.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

No offence intended.

[/quote]

This may just be me.

[/quote]

Camuldonum, you are trying to have a sensible polite conversation with people who are miserable for fun. I have been trying to debate the whole situation on other threads, as have other posters, but they would much rather moan, bitch, and call everybody who questions them ''unambitious'' and question their intelligence and integrity. Most City fans are not like the whingers on this message board. Most City fans are disappointed by our lack of perm signings, but understand something of the financial reasons behind it. They are also looking forward to seeing these youngsters play. We love seeing young, talented, hardworking youngsters making their way in the game and are very disappointed that these players aren''t coming out of our own academy.

The whingers know we have money unspent, they know we bid for players (they whinged incessently that we didn''t bid enough) and that Roeder has publicly stated he had money but he couldn''t land the players he wanted (they accuse him of being a yes man to the board).

To put it into context, our previous Chairman Robert Chase was hounded out after hundreds of fans simultaneously took to the streets to protest, without any organisation. This lot tried to organise a board out demo weeks in advance, which included media coverage, but ended up with them infighting and ONE PERSON turning up. A complete embarrasment to all right minded fans.Please don''t mistake the volume of whinging on this board as being typical of Norwich fans. Good luck for the rest of your season, I would love you to stay up but just not at our expense.