Sign in to follow this  
Wandsworth Canary

Who bought best?

Summary of all transfers into NCFC and also those currently below us in the table during the Jan window. Wouldn''t want to be a Blackpool, Coventry or Colchester fan at the moment.

Norwich

Matthew Bates [Middlesbrough - Norwich] Loan
Kieran Gibbs [Arsenal - Norwich] Loan]
James Henry [Reading - Norwich] Loan
Alex Pearce [Reading - Norwich] Loan
Matthew Pattison [Newcastle - Norwich] Undisclosed
Ryan Bertrand [Chelsea - Norwich] Loan

Leicester City
Ben Alnwick [Tottenham - Leicester] Loan
Barry Hayles [Plymouth - Leicester] Undisclosed
Steve Howard [Derby - Leicester] Undisclosed
Jamie Clapham [Wolves - Leicester] Free
Matt Oakley [Derby - Leicester] £500,000
Gabor Bori [MTK Hungaria - Leicester] Loan
Barry Hayles [Plymouth - Leicester] Undisclosed
Steve Howard [Derby - Leicester] Undisclosed
Laczko Zsolt [Olympiakos - Leicester] Loan

Blackpool

Pavel Steinbors [FK Jurmala - Blackpool] Loan

Stephen McPhee [Hull - Blackpool] Undisclosed

QPR

Gavin Mahon [Watford - QPR] Loan
Damien Delaney [Hull - QPR] Undisclosed
Rowan Vine [Birmingham - QPR] £1,000,000

Patrick Agyemang [Preston - QPR] £350,000
Akos Buzsaky [Plymouth - QPR] Undisclosed
Matthew Connolly [Arsenal - QPR] Undisclosed
Hogan Ephraim [West Ham - QPR] Undisclosed
Fitz Hall [Wigan - QPR] Undisclosed

Coventry City

Scott Dann [Walsall - Coventry] Undisclosed
Daniel Fox [Walsall - Coventry] Undisclosed

Sheffield Wednesday

Graham Kavanagh [Sunderland - Sheff Wed] Loan
Enoch Showunmi [Bristol City - Sheff Wed] Loan

Ronnie Wallwork [West Brom - Sheff Wed] Free

Preston NE

Michael Hart [Aberdeen - Preston] Undisclosed
Neal Trotman [Oldham - Preston] £500,000
Chris Brown [Norwich - Preston] Undisclosed
Richard Chaplow [West Brom - Preston] £800,000

Scunthorpe

Mamadou Seck [Sheffield Utd - Scunthorpe] Loan
Geoff Horsfield [Sheff Utd - Scunthorpe] Loan

Jack Hobbs [Liverpool - Scunthorpe] Loan

Ben May [Millwall - Scunthorpe] Undisclosed
Kevin Horlock [Doncaster - Scunthorpe] Free
Shelton Martis [West Brom - Scunthorpe] Loan
Andrew Wright [unattached - Scunthorpe]

Colchester United
Dean Hammond [Brighton - Colchester] £250,000
Phil Ifil [Tottenham - Colchester] Undisclosed

Colchester United
Dean Hammond [Brighton - Colchester] £250,000
Phil Ifil [Tottenham - Colchester] Undisclosed

In the case of Colchester also Chris Coyne (Luton Town) - both he and Ifil around about £400,000 but Ifil has the greater add ons apparently.  As it happens both Coyne and Hammond captains of their respective teams and all three playing where we need them most - at the back.

If we are going to go down (and that is entirely possible) I''ll be okay if we go down fighting.

ColU got 4 players in

Ifil, Coyne, Hammond and Vernon

Also thought QPR had got 9 new arrivals.

QPR brought well.

Leicester seem to of continued signing a lot of players that are not a major improvement on the ones which they already have in my opinion (but will possibly offer them more strength in depth).

Chaplow for Preston and Ronnie Wallwork for Sheff Weds are also good signings from your list (above) CA.

As for Scunthorpe loaning Liverpools Jack Hobbs, I would be very interested to see if he is half as good a player as he is on Championship Manager 2007.

All these Undisclosed fees are really getting my goat! Is this ploy being used to spare a clubs'' blushes if a new signing becomes a Tomas Brolin?

I don''t see the need to withhold transfer information to the football world. We already know who has the real money in our league and in the Premiership, so what gain can it possibly bring?

Should a new ruling be inforced that states that transfers must be made public?

[quote user="Smudger"]

QPR brought well.

Leicester seem to of continued signing a lot of players that are not a major improvement on the ones which they already have in my opinion (but will possibly offer them more strength in depth).

Chaplow for Preston and Ronnie Wallwork for Sheff Weds are also good signings from your list (above) CA.

As for Scunthorpe loaning Liverpools Jack Hobbs, I would be very interested to see if he is half as good a player as he is on Championship Manager 2007.

[/quote]

Interesting thought about our signings.

Howard or Fryatt/Cort? No contest.

Oakley or Kenton in CM? No contest

Any side in the championship would take those players.

We''ve strengthened in the areas we needed to, the defence was fine, just look at the goals against column.

We didn''t have any creativity or wingers, so we bought some in on loan who have looked very positive.

There were question marks over Hayles and Clapham, but Hayles has scored two in three and Clapham is only here as back up for the very young but very impressive Mattock - completed 90mins in the last two England Under 21 games.

[quote user="Smudger"]

QPR brought well.

[/quote]

Do you feel they all did better than us then Smudger?

If thats is the case then you''d expect them to finish above us?

Your Leicester came very close to being relegated last season and for all Mandarics ambition they are still below us now.

[quote user="Smudger"]

QPR brought well.

[/quote]Strange though it may be I would have to agree with you Smudge old chap!There are only a couple of players in amoungst that lot that I would genuinely fear - or want in my team. Leicester has one and QPR have signed some good defencive players.I am not to fussed about most of the others mind - same old same old. I would argue about Chaplow though - due to his lack of games over the last few seasons I would say he is still a major risk as he isn''t that proven a player. Will he be able to re-capture the form he had a couple of seasons ago or more as a youngster bursting onto the scene?Wallwork is another good signing but age is against him. A good pro though and would be a good addition to most squads at this level.