Sign in to follow this  
disco disco gordon

Darren Huckerby.

Having just read Hucks comments in the EDP, I think that many posters need to really reassess their criticisms that have been aimed at him. He has been loyal and has provided us with some of the most entertaining moments on the pitch over the last few years. Yes, he is getting to the end of his career, but we should really be celebrating what he has done for this club, not complaining about him!.Hucks came here despite his agents best attempts to sabotage the move, he has been a man of his word throughout his time here and continues to score and assist vital goals for us, As he says there have been many players that have picked up easy money then left the club with no sense of loyalty or responsibility for the club. Hucks has never done this, why are some so driven to put down the one person in the club who has never let the fans down?I cannot understand those who feel that he is to blame for any of the problems we have endured over the last 2 years. Those who call for his head are embarrasing to the club, other clubs would call for him to be honoured by the club. Today he has not ruled out a contract extension. I for one really believe that he still has a vital role to play at the club.Before knee jerk reacting to this post please just consider how justified your critisisms of him really are.

Darren Huckerby is a true norwich legend and the recent posts on here slating him are a total joke the man has worn his heart on his sleeve and helped the club to the premiership nearly kept us there and i believe at times kept us in the championship, he gets an injury but loving the game as he does he  plays on through the pain which is cleasrly disrupting his peformances so he has a few bad games and straight away goes from hero status to old has been draining the wages, if he recovers fully and starts to play like he used to again u same people will be saying he is god again, i wont be suprised if he goes as he is being made a scapegoat for the club he so clearly loves. Show him the respect her deserves, had he done an Eanie or ashton and left when he could have so easily done he would be slagged off but he stays here and fights the cause he gets slagged off for that 2, the man cant win he cant be expected to be the best player on the pitch in every single game, its a team game, he still in my opinion is a very important player for the this club and the most gifted player we have and will have for a long time.

Just wanted to endorse the comments of the previous posters, Darren has got to be ranked alongside the greats I''ve seen in over 50 years of supporting the Canaries. Good luck with whatever you do Darren you will receive a huge reception when you join us supporters in the stands! 

Huckerby is victim of the traditional NCFC fan attitude, which is glorify the "working class" schlubs who couldn''t play for any other team in the division, and villify the guys who keep us from being an embarrassment after they become too popular in Norwich and around the country. 

People were making stupid comments about Dean Ashton, dedication to playing, and yet when he was was injured, we couldn''t score a goal. When I was at Carrow Road last Christmas, I kept hearing comments from the stands about Huckerby''s lack of defending.  How about the crap that gave away WAY more goals than any other team that are actually supposed to play defense?  Huckerby didn''t give up 70 goals in the Premiere, and the games I watched in TV, I never saw any sign of quit in him, even when we were getting smoked by Arsenal, or last year by Chelsea.

Some jackballs are writing ignorant comments about another 100% hard working TALENTED player, Lee Croft, calling him fat. I don''t know what they are looking at, or how drunk they are, but that guy hauls ass (US euphemism for works hard and fast)! The ones who need to be ''called out'' are the relatively worthless scrubs, and the continual screw ups (Doherty).  How Doherty was player of the year when we finished the season with -30 goal difference is beyond me.  I have not seen anything about his ridiculous hand ball last week, but it should have cost us that game.

Check out my Huckerbeatles chant! He deserves a catchy ditty about how important he is to any success the team has.  When was the last time we had a GREAT player who wanted to stay with the team? 

By the way, Gordon, I like your last name.

-Richard Gordon