Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

stupdity magnified 10 fold

FA rules state we can only play 5 players in a match day squad...

we have Bertrand, Evans, Camera, and the 4 who arrived today.. so thats 7.

Supposing that 2 first teamers get injured on saturday we are no better off as we cant play the other loanees!!!!!! so in a sense we havent added to the squad, we have hampered ourselves even further in the event of injuries! players out of position perhaps?

jas :)

" FA rules state we can only play 5 players in a match day squad..."Silly old me thought that it was an eleven a side gameStill, glad to see the poster is using the subject title accurately

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" FA rules state we can only play 5 players in a match day squad..."

Silly old me thought that it was an eleven a side game

Still, glad to see the poster is using the subject title accurately
[/quote]

you know full well what i meant Ralph...

so, explain then... if we get 2 players injured just how are we going to accomodate the other loanees in their stead without breaking the rules? Paper thin squad made even thinner with 2 players that cant play plus the 2 injured...

find a work around then Ralph? im sure you have one thought out

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]so, explain then... if we get 2 players injured just how are we going to accomodate the other loanees in their stead without breaking the rules?[/quote]Jas,

Just thought I''d point out that your assumption is that if a player does get injured, it''s bound to be one of our own players, as against any of the loanees.

If almost half of our first choice squad was made up of loan players, there''s a fair chance that it may be one of them who gets the injury, at which point one of the other loanees can be brought in for the next match.

It also seems from some sources that Roeder isn''t looking for all these players to go straight into the side, in some cases, it''s more about putting pressure on existing players, and giving us more options.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" find a work around then Ralph?"

The English language isn''t really your thing is it ?
[/quote]

err...  you can loan players outside of the transfer window?

[/quote]

Keep it up Ralphy. Bullied at school by any chance?

[/quote]

no.. but then that doesnt answer the question does it.? Come on Ralph.. whats the solution if we get 2 players injured who arent Loanees?

rather than dodging the issue try answering the question... i find most people who cant answer a question have no idear of the solution themselves... these are the sort of people who will pick up on some other persons point of view and try to pick holes in it.. but when questioned about it directly go off on a tangent or avoid the issue completley.

I can remember asking Dicky a question several times in the same thread during the Worthy out days which he never answerd instead just beat about the bush...Please dont tell me im going to have be a stuck record for you to Raph? you come accorss as an intelligent lad so im sure you can answer without finding fault with my post.. i repeat

what do we do if 2 players get injured and we cant play the other loanees?

Im expecting a politicans response

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Supposing that 2 first teamers get injured on saturday we are no better off as we cant play the other loanees!!!!!! so in a sense we havent added to the squad, we have hampered ourselves even further in the event of injuries! players out of position perhaps?

[/quote]

Jas, you currently have  5762 posts. Have any of them been positive?

i try to look at things realistically.. that can be noth positive and negative Foggo... i cant see a positive viewpoint to this situation

Jas, I disagree with some of the points you make (perhaps not so much on this thread but in others) but you argue well and back them up with evidence as opposed to some others, so well done on that front!I personally think we haven''t spent all our money on Paterson. We were still trying to get Taylor after Paterson, which suggest at least £850k-1million has been available. I also don''t think we spent £800k on Paterson, maybe in some circles they think so, but in most the figure bandied around is £200k. I also believe we bid for a striker the last few days and nearly got one last night. I can''t really prove these points, like you can''t prove we don''t have any money, but I think the fact we''ve still had money to try for Taylor certainly suggests we''ve still got that money. Time will tell.Roeder has always said he would rather spend most the money he has been given in the summer. So that''s either the case, we have some money in the summer, or he''s lying in order to try and make the club look better. There''s nothing for Roeder to gain by doing that.In view of that, I think that Roeder is taking a gamble, and he knows full well he''s taking a gamble with these loan players. He believes that what we have for this season is enough for us to comfortably stay up, and I have to say I agree. I think we have enough players to cover in the case of injury with some youth if need be, unless we''re very unlucky (this is the gamble).I think he''s taking that gamble so to better move the club forward in the summer, and I hope time will prove me right.

i try to look at things realistically.. that can be noth positive and negative Foggo... i cant see a positive viewpoint to this situation

[/quote]

Doncaster can. He didnt have to travel anywhere to get any transfers through, unless you count his trip to that concert ...........

Let me try and explain why I think GR has signed 7 loan players.........We already had Bertrund, Camara and Evans -  (Evans could be recalled after 6th Feb but that has since changed)Bates/Henry and Gibbs - Can all be recalled with 24hrs notice after the end of Febuary.    Pearce - Here for the season with no recall clause.I think GR was planning ahead (shocking idea, I know) and also planning for a worst case scenario.  He couldnt stop these clauses being added but lets just say Reading/Arsenal or Boro trigger this clause and recall the player................It is highly unlikely all 3 will be called back but if one or 2 are then at least we still have 5 or 6 loan players to use in the squad.    If we''d signed just 2 loan players yesterday and taken the loan total to 5 and then 1 or both of those got called back after a month we would be left back at square 1 with just Bertrund, Camara and Evans.I think its called Smart Managment.    I still feel we needed permanent signings but this thread isnt about that, its about GR apparantly being completely stupid for having 7 loan players.What do you think Jas ?  Is he still stupid ?

no.. but then that doesnt answer the question does it.? Come on Ralph.. whats the solution if we get 2 players injured who arent Loanees?

rather than dodging the issue try answering the question... i find most people who cant answer a question have no idear of the solution themselves... these are the sort of people who will pick up on some other persons point of view and try to pick holes in it.. but when questioned about it directly go off on a tangent or avoid the issue completley.

I can remember asking Dicky a question several times in the same thread during the Worthy out days which he never answerd instead just beat about the bush...Please dont tell me im going to have be a stuck record for you to Raph? you come accorss as an intelligent lad so im sure you can answer without finding fault with my post.. i repeat

what do we do if 2 players get injured and we cant play the other loanees?

Im expecting a politicans response

I suppose my answer would be in the form of a question:

Would you have rathered we brought in only 5 of the 7 loan signings we have secured during this window?

I know your answer would probably be ''I would have rathered 5 loan signings and 2 permanent ones'', but I firmly belive that Roeder thought he would be wasting money by bringing in either sub-standard players or good players for over-inflated prices. In the situation we''re in you are correct when you say that if 2 Norwich-owned players were injured we wouldn''t be able to bring in extra cover from the loanees. However, as pointed out earlier, it could easily be one of these loanees that are injured, in which case they could be brought in as cover. There is also the added case that there is extra competition for places and that it will add a freshness to the training sessions.

I think most people would have been hoping and expecting at least one more permanent signing this window, but I believe we have the next best thing. Roeder probably believes that it is better to save the funds until the summer (I''m sure there will be something available based on the fact we have made bids for a number of players) and doesn''t reallistically think we can gain a playoff place this time round.

There are a few other clubs in the league who didn''t seem to do anything in the window other than let players leave (such as Saints and Coventry). At least we have improved our squad.

[/quote]

Yes, I know you''re not always negative really, but I''d just read umpteen negative posts and you were the final straw - Sorry. [{]

There are positives though. We would appear to have four good young players (Time will tell). If they perform well and look back at where they''ve come from at the end of the season, and see no chance of breaking into the squad, we might well have four good young players wanting to stay at Carrow Rd. It happened with David Bentley, although unfortunately not with us, but if we had stayed up he could well be with us rather than Blackburn.

[quote user="Duffman"]Let me try and explain why I think GR has signed 7 loan players.........

We already had Bertrund, Camara and Evans -  (Evans could be recalled after 6th Feb but that has since changed)

Bates/Henry and Gibbs - Can all be recalled with 24hrs notice after the end of Febuary.   

Pearce - Here for the season with no recall clause.

I think GR was planning ahead (shocking idea, I know) and also planning for a worst case scenario.  He couldnt stop these clauses being added but lets just say Reading/Arsenal or Boro trigger this clause and recall the player................It is highly unlikely all 3 will be called back but if one or 2 are then at least we still have 5 or 6 loan players to use in the squad.   

If we''d signed just 2 loan players yesterday and taken the loan total to 5 and then 1 or both of those got called back after a month we would be left back at square 1 with just Bertrund, Camara and Evans.

I think its called Smart Managment.    I still feel we needed permanent signings but this thread isnt about that, its about GR apparantly being completely stupid for having 7 loan players.

What do you think Jas ?  Is he still stupid ?
[/quote]

never said Roeder was stupid.. the think the situation he found himself in was... surely we could fo signed them permanenetly... or at least 1 of them?

Surely for the past few games we have only had 3 loanee''s playing so if 2 first teamers get injured then we will be able to replace them with 2 loan signings without breaking any rules. 

I just hope that we don''t get sucked into another ''Taylor ding dong ping pong'' with the current loans - if they turn out to be valuable additions and their ''owning'' club start playing hardball.....and we end up with more loans......and all we ever do is loan, moan, loan moan........ZZZzzzzz[|-)]  

Jas - I wondered about the rules regarding the number of loanees that could be selected for the squad so thanks for providing the information. I can see where you are coming from but I would say that whatever way you slice it the squad is slightly bigger than it was (taking into account that Lappin and Jarvis went out on loan). I only see we will have a problem if there are a number of injuries to the permanent players, however I wonder if there is something in the FA rules to cover that eventuality?

I have the answear for you jas, it''s simple.Glen is a clever chap and knows our loanees are better than our real players, so what if 1 (or even 2!) of our loans get injured that means he would have to play more than six of our permanent players! So by having 7 loans he is almost guarenteed to be able to play 5 loans at a time. He is sooooooooo clever.

[/quote]You''re assuming we start the game with 5 loan playersUnlikely.Brilliant business by Roeder. Cannot believe we got the Aresnal kid.

[quote user="Crispy"]I have the answear for you jas, it''s simple.

Glen is a clever chap and knows our loanees are better than our real players, so what if 1 (or even 2!) of our loans get injured that means he would have to play more than six of our permanent players! So by having 7 loans he is almost guarenteed to be able to play 5 loans at a time.

He is sooooooooo clever.
[/quote]

you havent read what i aid have u? what if 1 or 2 NON LOANEES get injured? funny how no one has actually be able to answer the question yet isnt it?

The only stupdity magnified 10 fold is the simplistic nonsense in your post.  We have numbers in the squad and unless the human body has changed I believe football loans can get as injured as permanent players.  You used to be a sensible poster - what has happened, you sound like the old fool with a wand.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

The only stupdity magnified 10 fold is the simplistic nonsense in your post.  We have numbers in the squad and unless the human body has changed I believe football loans can get as injured as permanent players.  You used to be a sensible poster - what has happened, you sound like the old fool with a wand.

[/quote][/quote]

Yep we''ve got nimbers in our squad alright, but what happens when we potentially lose 9 of them in the summer?

[/quote]Have you got a link to these rules? I have been searching and can''t find them. The only reason why I say this is that I thought the rule was you can''t have more than 5 loan players on the pitch at one time which is a bit different! Anyway even with 5 in the squad thats no big deal.Today we have Camara, Bertrand, Evans and on the bench Bates and Henry - can you really see the need for more?