Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

THE JOURNEYMAN

Not so long ago people on this board were very criticial of good ol Worthy''s tendency to opt for the tried and tested, the been there done that, the found their comfort level, the 2 seasons left of paychecks.......the JOURNEYMAN.

Now we have a manager that has brought in hungry young blood from some of the biggest clubs in Britain. But guess what? The people aren''t happy with this. What a nice surprise!So in conclusion, we must only ever sign 25-27 year olds and they must all cost 1mill + as this is the benchmark of a good buy.

[:|]This message board is like Clown College sometimes.

I must admit I am glad we didn''t splash money on Paterson, no way was he work a million!

I have no problem with the "young and hungry" signings. However;

•  we have 3 strikers - one is 38, one is 18/19 and will have his off days and the other is 32 and missing chances by the sackload. If one of them gets injured we have major problems. I am frankly amazed that Roeder has not added another striker to the books even if only another loanee or even a journeyman type such as Robbie Blake.
  • we have 7 loan players of which we can only use 5 at any one time. Lets hope that any injuries only happen to the loan players!
  • It would seem that most of the loan players are here for experience and not with a view to permanent moves. I appreciate that this may change but if any of them of massive successes then they will go back to their clubs or their clubs will be looking for a hefty transfer fee.
  • Will any money allegedly available actually materialise in the summer? We all said that last year but it appears Grants dealings were basically from the proceeds of Earnie & Etuhu.

I can understand that the murmours of discontent as we are still only 5 points off relegation and an injury to either of the centre backs or strikers leaves us desperately short of experienced cover.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I have no problem with the "young and hungry" signings. However;

•  we have 3 strikers - one is 38, one is 18/19 and will have his off days and the other is 32 and missing chances by the sackload. If one of them gets injured we have major problems. I am frankly amazed that Roeder has not added another striker to the books even if only another loanee or even a journeyman type such as Robbie Blake.

• we have 7 loan players of which we can only use 5 at any one time. Lets hope that any injuries only happen to the loan players!

• It would seem that most of the loan players are here for experience and not with a view to permanent moves. I appreciate that this may change but if any of them of massive successes then they will go back to their clubs or their clubs will be looking for a hefty transfer fee.

• Will any money allegedly available actually materialise in the summer? We all said that last year but it appears Grants dealings were basically from the proceeds of Earnie & Etuhu.

I can understand that the murmours of discontent as we are still only 5 points off relegation and an injury to either of the centre backs or strikers leaves us desperately short of experienced cover.

[/quote]

I understand your concern about strikers, but Henry is capable of scoring goals from the wing & Gibbs sounds a bit special ...

"Kieran Gibbs is about 12 yards out on the left side of the box when Armand Traore''s pass comes to him. He is not tightly marked.The nearest defender is about three yards away. Gibbs must be left-footed: he spins suddenly to his left and hits the ball early and hard and just inside the near post. He was more than three yards wide of the near post when he took the shot. An explosive shot by a kid who looks like a natural predator.Arsenal need a bit more of that at Old Trafford."

Perhaps the goals might be spread around a bit more with these sort of players in the team - who knows, it might even help Curo by taking the pressure off him? And don''t forget, Hux can weigh in with some important goals.

I agree it''s a bit risky, but I personally think it''s a fairly small risk - & it could be totally fabulous!

The ''window'' stays open for loanees...more opportunities may arise as the Cup competitions release more clubs from their dreams.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

The ''window'' stays open for loanees...more opportunities may arise as the Cup competitions release more clubs from their dreams.

[/quote]

More loans, I don''t think we can mate, otherwise there will be no Norwich players on the pitch!

Don''t care who they are, we''ve had some great/cr*p journeymen, youngsters, loanees in our time. Don''t care who they are as long as

they wear the city shirt with pride and try and do the business on the pitch ! Carry on Glen [:D]

[quote user="buddhaboy"]YH TRUST STEVIE WONDER TO LOOK OUT AND POINT OUT THE PROBLEMS

its like having a drug addict as a blood doner...
[/quote]

erm .. but most, infact all of his points are correct. and it doesn''t mean him or me or anyone else are moaning about the signings, just pointing out their are still problems. you lot are on about to many people moaning but almost every post now is moaning about other people moaning. get other yourselves and change the subject to something worth talking about not wether 75% of this board are moaning or not ...

[quote user="buddhaboy"]YH TRUST STEVIE WONDER TO LOOK OUT AND POINT OUT THE PROBLEMS

its like having a drug addict as a blood doner...
[/quote]

They are all valid points, so why shouldn''t Stevie mention them?