Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

VERDICTS ON THE WINDOW???

personally i loved it at wolves getting blake, edwards and elokobi all young hungry future players as well as the present.

so what would you give your teams window deals out of ten

my wolves 9/10

norwich 7/10 - built squad up (although loans) which was essential as you was low on numbers two weeks ago, some your loans class in gibbs evans. but is it mainly quantity over quality? suppose time will tell

as said in window in our league stoke and charlton seems to picked up the best deals

anyone agree or disagree?

Its a pity  our permenant signings fell through, (illev?,taylor and pattterson). Had we gotten them we would have the core around which to build a decent push next summer.As it stands GR will have his work cut out in the summer,with hux and dub likely to be off,we are likely to need ten new additions to the first team squad.

As it stands i feels like a dhort term fix to a long term problem.

Loan signings 8/10 shows promise

permanent signings 2/10 must try harder

For me 6 out of 10.

Initially, very angry and disappointed with the window, but if GR believes in them, then that''ll do for me.

I trust Glen''s judgement 100%, however, the board is another matter............................

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

For me 6 out of 10.

Initially, very angry and disappointed with the window, but if GR believes in them, then that''ll do for me.

I trust Glen''s judgement 100%, however, the board is another matter............................

[/quote]

Wiz, do you ever post without mentioning the board?

I''m bored.

Personally I feel that Glenn has done well in the transfer window. He has got young hungry players and especially Kieran Gibbs, who sounds like a terrific player. We are now only nine points off the play-offs and if by any chance we did get promoted I think it''s a good position to be in as in the summer we would need to go for higher class players for the Premiership.

The budget for the prem would obviously be a far bigger than if we were remained in the Championship. Waiting for the summer makes a lot of sense for that reason. Why commit ourselves at the moment to Championship standard players on long contracts in this window when we may be able to look far higher in the summer!!  Thus Glenn is also holding off on renewing current contracts. Another very astute move in my opinion.  

[quote user="we8wba"]

personally i loved it at wolves getting blake, edwards and elokobi all young hungry future players as well as the present.

my wolves 9/10

norwich 7/10 - built squad up (although loans) which was essential as you was low on numbers two weeks ago, some your loans class in gibbs evans. but is it mainly quantity over quality? suppose time will tell

[/quote]

we8wba you know full well that this window has (on the whole) been a let down for ncfc. You starting that thread was just an excuse to mention how brilliant wolves are.[:#]

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[/quote]

It has been known Foggo....................sometimes [:D] 

My view for whats its worth.It went exactly how I thought it would,just like the summer.Basicly we bid big for a player,it gets refused so we tell the fans how much we bid  to make us look good.We didn''t get anyone for the future.Getting a good team is all about getting a settled squad/team.Well come next season when the 7 or so loan signings go back we will be starting affresh all over again.

Once again we have made a big profit of over £1 million this transfer window(+£3,000,000 in the summer) when you take into account the fact we got £800,000 for Lewis(mistake for me) and Brown.On top of that we got rid of 6 players and loaned one out,bought in 4 so thats 3 wages saved which will easy make another £200,000 by the end of the season.

We were told in the summer that we didnt have to sell anyone to get players in well ....what a load of bo--ox.

That is it for me no renewel of the season ticket until the board have gone.I understand we are not a big club and may need to sell players to stay affloat but the spin,spin,spin we get has been getting on my nerves and this time it has boiled over.

Rant over see you at Carrow Road when we have a new board.

2/10

absolutely no ambition, some players are not even needed and we will be paying premiership wages for two players who won''t even be eligble to play each week

perhaps roders is an idiont after all... i mean look at his track record at newcastle that wasnt good?

antoine sibierski anyone?!

[quote user="Poor mans Earnshaw"]

2/10

absolutely no ambition, some players are not even needed and we will be paying premiership wages for two players who won''t even be eligble to play each week

perhaps roders is an idiont after all... i mean look at his track record at newcastle that wasnt good?

antoine sibierski anyone?!

[/quote]

Over generous with the marks mate.

But beggars can''t be choosers.

We must trust Glenn in everything he does. He will never make mistakes. No matter who he signs that player will be excellent, except perhaps for Pattison who can''t get into first eleven at the moment.

6/10. Didn''t expect/want very much in this window. It''s probably more than I was expecting. I honestly didn''t think we''d even sign pattison on a perm. but I''m happy with the window. In addition to players we got in, we got rid of a lot or rubbish we had accumulated over the past season and a half.

[quote user="we8wba"]

my wolves 9/10

[/quote]

9/10 for the ones you mentioned but you forgot to subtract about 8 for the lumbering Kevin Kyle...hhhoooooooffffffffff

Glen Roeder did say a few weeks back that we would not recognise the team by the time he had finished. I hardly recognise any of these loan players so, I guess he was right.

" and we will be paying premiership wages for two players who won''t even be eligble to play each week"more old bolloxYou''ve no idea of the wages being paid.Every club carries a squad bigger than those that can play or sit on the bench.Some of you whingers don''t know what to bleat about at times.

Bored with 1st Wizard....... i''m not. He is spot on.

This is a biggish club with a small club mentality. This mentality originates from the board and whilst Roeder is currently doing a terrific job he knows himself that he is operating with one hand tied behind his back.

GR can take us only so far but with the ever increasing parachute payments on offer to the relegated teams I doubt very much whether he can take us to the "promised land" with the present board in place.

In all probability this club would still be in the Premiership if the board had shown the proper ambition when promotion was achieved. However since that time, they 1) failed to open the purse strings in our Premiership season until it was too late.... 2) failed to make proper use of the parachute payments.... 3) took 9 months too long to dismiss Worthington......and 4) produced an inadequate replacement in Grant ("ticked all the right boxes"!!!!!!) who had no previous management experience.

Does Delia really want to relinquish control? I am still waiting to see the evidence.

firstly hello all i have been reading this site for a while now but never posted b4 so thought i would start there is a lot off very differant views on here some good some crazy and then theres the really doom depressing people who moan constantly about everything it appears . i am jay 28 years old supporter since i was 6 when my dad took me to my first game 2-0 win against preston i believe so hello every1 again as for this window i am very happy with what we got yes taylor disapoints me and we could have done with a striker however are you all forgetting who the top scorer in the league last year it was cures and these lads he has got will create a load of chances and ched and cures will think its xmas again gr has earned my respect instantly as he has changed our mindset and also cleared out alot of deadwood most of which pg signed ses it all and replaced with young hungary talented players that will cause these old championship players so many problems its not even fair we will survive this year and with our transfer kitty in tact for the summer there are good times ahead i feel with many players leaveing and some contracts up gr has a clear canvas to build his new norwich side that will get back up there so regardless of how you feel have no doubt we have a very shrewd talented wise man at the helm and i for one am a happy ncfc supporter ...!!!!!!!!!!!! 

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

For me 6 out of 10.

[/quote]

I''m bored.

[/quote]

To be fair, if he doesnt mention them he just gets told he''s changed ''sides'' again.

[quote user="Stan Ley"]Bored with 1st Wizard....... i''m not. He is spot on. This is a biggish club with a small club mentality. This mentality originates from the board and whilst Roeder is currently doing a terrific job he knows himself that he is operating with one hand tied behind his back. GR can take us only so far but with the ever increasing parachute payments on offer to the relegated teams I doubt very much whether he can take us to the "promised land" with the present board in place. In all probability this club would still be in the Premiership if the board had shown the proper ambition when promotion was achieved. However since that time, they 1) failed to open the purse strings in our Premiership season until it was too late.... 2) failed to make proper use of the parachute payments.... 3) took 9 months too long to dismiss Worthington......and 4) produced an inadequate replacement in Grant ("ticked all the right boxes"!!!!!!) who had no previous management experience. Does Delia really want to relinquish control? I am still waiting to see the evidence.[/quote]

Top post

" he knows himself that he is operating with one hand tied behind his back."Again more old bollox. You''ve no idea what the financial arrangements or future plans are. Roeder does though.Perhaps that''s why he is here. Why he took the manager''s job. And why your contribution is that of a ''whinging binner''.Must be upsetting for you and the other whiners to see the club doing well.

[quote user="we8wba"]

my wolves 9/10

[/quote]

Kevin Kyle?

Plus they''ve all joined perenial underachievers Wolves...

Ralph Wright -- I am no "whinging binner", I have supported this club for 30+ years. I am however a realist. The financial arrangements at this club have been very much the same for a number of years.

The board lack ambition and gender a small club mentality. If you cannot see this staring you in the face then you need to wake up and smell the coffee.