Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Converting loaners to permanents.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A friend tells me this can be done outside of transfer windows.

Anyone know if this is so?

OTBC

[/quote]

Hope so, i wonder if we can keep Ched?. Maybe a touch ambitious but....

You are correct - as long as registered (on loan) you can change the form of registration - but I think it depends on the type of load.  I know man utd did it in the premier league with howard, hence all the fuss when he didnt play, but am never sure about all these emergency loans.

I think they can sign a contract as a loan to say they would become permanent at the end of the season?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Hope so, i wonder if we can keep Ched?. Maybe a touch ambitious but....

[/quote]

Maybe but have Man City got the time to wait for him to develop.  The Sturridge kid looks a real prospect, other than that I think they want ready made talent.  4 in 12 is great for us, but hardly the prolific standard a club like Man City needs.

They have let Miller go.  I don''t think signing Evans on a permanent is as outlandish as people think.

Well I always think its good to "Try before you Buy", Roeder might be playing this very Shrewdly just thinking that he could make them permanent- hence could be the reason why he never bought much this January- as he said "keeping his Powder dry"

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

My understanding is you can agree to normal transfers outside the window (IE sign the paperwork etc), its just they cant actually move until the window. Sometimes you hear about players who will join team xxxx on july 1st.

I assume it happens more frequently with loanees though, as it would allow them to find a home, school for the kids, settle in etc. Just it wouldnt be an "Official" transfer until the window.

Might be wrong though..

IMO..

Camara - Unlikely, Derby will want him for their championship campaign next season.

Bertrand - Relatively likely.

Evans - Pretty likely given Manchester Citys striking options (Plus Daniel Sturridge - always brilliant on champ man - which really is all that matters)

Gibbs - Not yet certainly. Wenger will give him another year or two before inevitably getting rid. Probably end up at a premiership club if hes as good as I hear.

Henry/Pearce - Who knows.

Bates - Could do. Doubt he has a future at Boro.

Obviously its down to the players too...

I think its more likely that if things go well with the likes of Gibbs and Bertrand we may possible be able to get them back on a season long loan next year. Mo i think is a free agent in the summer.

Ched - possibly although he always talks in terms of going back to Man city.

Reading guys - no idea - doesn''t sound like it from Roeder''s comments.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

IMO..

Camara - Unlikely, Derby will want him for their championship campaign next season.

Bertrand - Relatively likely.

Evans - Pretty likely given Manchester Citys striking options (Plus Daniel Sturridge - always brilliant on champ man - which really is all that matters)

Gibbs - Not yet certainly. Wenger will give him another year or two before inevitably getting rid. Probably end up at a premiership club if hes as good as I hear.

Henry/Pearce - Who knows.

Bates - Could do. Doubt he has a future at Boro.

Obviously its down to the players too...

[/quote]

Too be honest I doubt we will get any of them, they are all highly regarded at their respective clubs, except Mo, but I doubt we would get him with Drury back, Plastic could be an option as you can''t see him breaking past Cole or whats his name. Bates is highly thought of in Boro, they have just let Woodgate go and are a bit short, I think he will go back before the end of the season, the Reading pair could be playing in the Champ next season, the way Reading are playing now. Ched, now he could be a full season loan again, I have said before that GR will get a lot of young players from Prem clubs and will maximise the loan system again, just like he has done this time.