Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Russell's Comments on Carrow Road Pitch

After today''s game, he said that unlike last year, in which the Carrow Road pitch was the best in the Championship, he said that down the middle the pitch is absolutely horrible.  He said it looks nice form the outside, but down the middle you need to take extra care with the passing, as it is so "bobbly."  Has anyone heard anything about this?  He all but said it was the pitch that influenced Norwich''s poor home form (as far as scoring).  This is the first I''ve heard of this.

I think Neil Adams made a few comments on the (bad) state of the pitch as well at the start of the match.

Enough money has been spent on on and off field activities, time to put more into field activities perhaps..

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]After today''s game, he said that unlike last year, in which the Carrow Road pitch was the best in the Championship, he said that down the middle the pitch is absolutely horrible.  He said it looks nice form the outside, but down the middle you need to take extra care with the passing, as it is so "bobbly."  Has anyone heard anything about this?  He all but said it was the pitch that influenced Norwich''s poor home form (as far as scoring).  This is the first I''ve heard of this.[/quote]

I find that quite funny as Rusty has many assets, but passing is not one of them.

In fact, I''m not sure he wasn''t talking about his hair.  Looks nice, but bobbly down the middle.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]After today''s game, he said that unlike last year, in which the Carrow Road pitch was the best in the Championship, he said that down the middle the pitch is absolutely horrible.  He said it looks nice form the outside, but down the middle you need to take extra care with the passing, as it is so "bobbly."  Has anyone heard anything about this?  He all but said it was the pitch that influenced Norwich''s poor home form (as far as scoring).  This is the first I''ve heard of this.[/quote]Roeder refused to blame the pitch for a poor performance and praised our groundsmen for the the work they did in the 48 hours of awful weather we had prior to the game.  Seeing as the snow from Friday was all ice by the early hours of Saturday I think our groundkeeping staff had the pitch in a pretty good condition.

£750,000 quids worth of bibbley bobbly plasticcy hairy weavey turfy......It is looking a bit sparse but I don''t think the groundstaff are to blame.......Maybe, since the construction of the hotel the pitch isn''t getting sufficient aeration across it? The hotel will have to be sacrificed for the sake of the surface!......

The Pitch is sewn together with fibres which means there is very little give in it, this is great for the first 2-3 years but it does deteriorate from then on.  These kind of pitches have a 4-5 year life span and this one was installed before our premier league season.  It will probably be replaced in the summer.

I think the moaning to be honest is ridiculous. There wont be many pitches in good condition, after the recent weather conditions and Carrow Road is no different. Perhaps its because our pitch is usually so good they are complaining but all you have to do is watch MOTD or the championship to see what i mean. The JJB is a disgrace, Old Trafford hasnt been particularly good either and there are many more.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Send Rusty up to Wigan to look at the pitch at the JJB and he will see what a "horrible" pitch looks like......[/quote]

Have you all considered that maybe it''s ''horrible on purpose''? Wigan''s that is.

OTBC