Sign in to follow this  
sam

Player Ratings???

I wasn''t at the game today so could anyone post some ratings please??

I gather it wasn''t a very good game and neither team played well but would be interested to know who played well and who didn''t

In the first half we were just short of dire. In the second half it got better but only in the main because PNE gave up attacking and just were trying to hit on the counter.Gallagher - 5 - A couple of good saves. A couple of spillages though which could have cost us though, he really does have to get rid of those boo-boos. In the first half his kicking was spot on but towards the end it was just plain awful. Dublin was very tired and he just got no rest-bite out of his goalie today.Semmy - 5 - He was exposed too many times in the first half for me. Yeah he did some good runs but there was no end product and he was wanting far too often.Doc -  6/7 - Was a bit lax with his marking at the start and let their number 8 (hawley) have too much in the first 30 mins. After that he was very good and it was obvious PNE were going to get nothing out of him.Shax - 7 - Sometimes a dodgey pass but he looks a totally different player. Confident on the ball and made mellor look like a pie-eating fatty (I know he is, but...). Good stuff from him and the Doc todayCamara - 7/8 MOTM - He defended very well today. The best of the defenders and got forward very good in both halves. He also got some very nice crosses in. I certainly would be very happy if we signed him perm. Croft - 7 - Always dangerous today and caused PNE the most grief out of everyone. A lot of his end product was poor but then again PNE did stack 2 players on him for the majority of the game creating space for everyone else. Russell - 6 - Don''t know how he got motd. Maybe it''s just me but sooooo many times his passing was off. In the first half he could barely pass more than 4 yards (he really was passing worse than hooze). He looked tired in the second half but he tackled pretty well. He''s not an etuhu and I can''t see him helping us enough upfront, particuarly if fozzy is going to be so deep. But he always gets stuck in. His passing was still poor in the second half but he did score a great goal, and for that he deserves a realtively decent score.Fozzy - 5 - Poor today. His passing was good but not great. Never really started a move off or made a killer pass. He was too deep far too often and didn''t look fully fit and looked tired. He lost a few 50/50''s which he could have got. His corners were pretty good though, at leats they were in the box most of the time.Betrand - 6 - I like this boy. When he gets in the position he puts a mean ball in but too often he was isolated and had nobody in the box to aim at. He linked very well with camara in the second half. He hasn''t got the pace of hux but I think he''s going to be a good player in the future. He looked tired too though, but he do a lot of running today.Evans - 4 - Almost a spectator. He looked very sluggish and off colour. There were no runs, no passes, no movement. I was very happy when he got taken off, even though for me it was far too late. I wish the boy could give us a good game most games. He just wasn''t ever in the game and just didn''t get involved. Some might argue that he did some good stuff but it never went into anything  and never caused PNE any problems.Dublin - 5 - He can''t do 2 90 minutes in a week. He was very tired today and in the end was about as much as a statue as hartson was. When the ball got to him he was always put the ball on the floor to a norwich player. If only he had the legs. In the secnd half the passes got more desperate and wild and he stuggled as such. Subs: Bates - 6/7 - Got forward very well and put some nice crosses in. He did some long throws that I haven''t seen in a long while and was confident and assured in defence.Henry - 5/6 - Did nothing really. Not a shade on croft. JC - 6 - As soon as he came on it all changed up front. He ran caused trouble had shots, moved around. In short he played well and caused PNE trouble. He scared the PNE defenders and got stuck in. Primarily the reason PNE just couldn''t clear for the last 10 mins leading to the goal. If he had started things might have planned out different.

Marshall -7

Otsemobor - 7

Shackell - 7

Doherty -7

Camara -7

Croft - 8

Fotheringham - 7

Russell - 8

Bertrand -7

Dublin - 7

Evans -7

Subs

Cureton - 7

Henry -6

Matthew Bates - 7

[quote user="Fellas"]Gallacher[/quote]Er...Marshall - 6 - did what was asked of him but poor kicking,Otsemobor - 6 - okay, didn''t do a lot going forward but suspect injury troubling him.Shackell - 6 - played well, some solid challenges, still very one footed and gave away a few corners too manyDoc - 6 - didn''t do much wrong, a few classic hoovesCamara - 5 - poor game from Mo, looked lazy and went to sleep a few timesCroft - 7 - ran at them all day, probably MoMFotheringham - 5 - poor, distribution was disappointing and didn''t look that interested todayRussell - 7- several spectacular flying headers and one spectacular goal, but too often lost control of the ball and increasingly looks like an athlete who plays football rather than a footballerBertrand - 6- - average, one nice flick over the defender''s head but little elseDublin - 6- poor today, relatively speaking.  Total commitment but little touchEvans - 6 - fairly subdued.   Seems to want an extra touch too many.SUBS:Cureton (Evans) - 6 - looked livelier than of lateBates (Semi) - 7 - looked very accomplished, good overlapping runs with Croft

Referee - 4 - rubbish.  Let the game flow, you fool.Crowd (Upper Barclay) - 3 - let''s all sit in silence...

I can''t even believe I did that. lol!  how many times did gallacher play for us? 30 tops? Must have been that spill that did it for me.In addition that ref is useless. He was the twerp who sent d-dubs off at chalton.

Marshall - 8 for what he had to deal with, he was first class, saw just one of many pressurised kicks go wrong, and made an excellent save towards the end

Otsemobor - 6 seemed up with the pace of the game, linked well with croft, but was shaky on the ball and rightfully replaced with the much more reliable Bates

Shackell - 7 Started slightly shaky, but was solid for the rest of the game

Doherty -7 Coped with what he had well, with some key interceptions, one dodgy moment with marshall which luckily didn''t end with a goal

Camara -7 worked well all game, but had the odd dodgy moment, and distribution wasn''t the best

Croft - 8 Excellent, our main outlet for attack in the first half. Died slightly in the second half despite still being our main threat. Justifiably replaced as he understandably tired

Fotheringham - 8 dominated the middle today, and won a suprising amount of headers. Also noticed he kept the team ticking when a few of the rest were happy to play the draw out late on, excellent leader.

Russell - 8 would''ve been a 7, but then that moment of brilliance

Bertrand -7 was much more lively in the second half after a quiet 1st half, can''t really fault any of his work

Dublin - 8 was our main orchastrer of moves in the game, putting players in place and leading our attack well, won the vast majority of headers too

Evans -7 worked hard with little reward, showed some excellent touches

Subs

Cureton - 7 lively when he came on, and forced longeran into 2 excellent saves. Fluffed his best chance though with a sliced shot.

Henry -6 full of effort, as all of roeders signings seem to be, but didn''t get enough of the ball to warrant a higher rating

Matthew Bates - 8 brilliant when he came on, steadied the ship down the right and also linked up well with croft, even managed a storming run through the middle

In the game I saw, Fotheringham tried 100% but wasn''t quite there (it happens), ditto Russell and Croft, Dublin was poor, Semmy was poor, Doc was solid, Shacks shaky. Marshall as usual gave me little confidence. Camara and Bertrand didn''t work together on the left, and Evans looked very average. We deserved to win because we were slightly less bad than Preston, but I wouldn''t want to sit though that first half again.

I was impressed with fotheringham''s work rate, something some people might take for granted now, his passing wasn''t always there, but he was always on hand to cover and challenge where most midfeilders would just not bother. He seems maybe like a more tenacious Safri, let''s hope it continues.

As for dublin, from where i was sat, it appeared he was like having a manager on the pitch for the attacking players, barking out the correct orders to everyone, in particular, he helped Evans and Croft, and orchestrated some great moves involving them, his hard work paid off with an assist too.

Marshall   7   One lttle dodgy moment, but decent distrubution and generally commanding.

Semmy   6   Solid enough, one dodgy moment.

Camara   6   Didnt do to bad, but still worries me

Shackall     8   Improving hugely, my MOTM, didnt put a foot wrong, plenty of blocks, excellant.

Doherty   7   Another solid game from the Doc, preston didnt have too much of a sniff.

Croft   6   This is going to be unpopular, run and runs and runs, but NO end product today at all.

Bertrand   6   Showed some uality moments, but didnt get involved enough.

Fozzy   7   Quite Unnoticeable, but i think becasue he did the dirty work very well.

Russel   7   Quiet game, but a very good goal!

Dublin   6   Seemed to struggle, heavy pitch wouldnt have helped him and it showed. Better second half.

Evans   6   Quiet afternoon, but showed some moments of skill.

subs:   Bates   7   Looked handy, solid defensively, gets forwar, pace to burn and good passing.

Cureton   7   Looked lively,with a point to prove. Unlucky not to score.

Henry   6   Showed some glimpses of being good, but didnt see mcuh of the ball.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Marshall   7   One lttle dodgy moment, but decent distrubution and generally commanding.

Shackall     8   Improving hugely, my MOTM, didnt put a foot wrong, plenty of blocks, excellant.

Doherty   7   Another solid game from the Doc, preston didnt have too much of a sniff.

Croft   6   This is going to be unpopular, run and runs and runs, but NO end product today at all.

Fozzy   7   Quite Unnoticeable, but i think becasue he did the dirty work very well.

Dublin   6   Seemed to struggle, heavy pitch wouldnt have helped him and it showed. Better second half.

subs:   Bates   7   Looked handy, solid defensively, gets forwar, pace to burn and good passing.

[/quote]i dont quite see how shacks whas best defender, i thought he was poor compared to Doc, always worried me, and croft probley deserves a 7, even though his crosses didnt reach the targets, but who else crosses to the strikers hux never does

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]
i dont quite see how shacks whas best defender, i thought he was poor compared to Doc, always worried me, and croft probley deserves a 7, even though his crosses didnt reach the targets, but who else crosses to the strikers hux never does
[/quote]

Did he play? NO!

If Hucks had have played, i''d have scored him fairly. Hucks hasnt been at his best this season, but the criticism''s ridiculous. Hucks has different qualities, he beats the man more, he scores more goals, he is more of a threat. I could say ''has been'' because this season he hasnt done it enough, but then noone has said he has!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

I think that''s reasonable actually.  He gets the crowd going, but huffs and puffs a lot without delivering.  He was our best player first half though, some lovely one-twos by the corner flag and some intelligent running.  6 seems harsh - or rather, 6 seems fair but to give Fozzy 7 when he was largely anonymous and made some very poor passing decisions is generous.

From that performance yesterday, I think the benchmark score for players should be 6.  The only variations I''d make would be to give Russell 7, Croft 6.5 and Bates 7 (though I''d like to see him play for 90 minutes before rating him).

For me, it was a poor match, in which the defenders on both sides deserve credit. I felt that both Doc and Shacks were very good- solid, no mistakes, and in the second half, when we were commiting more forward, we were left 2 on 2 quite alot at the back, and both deserve credit for withstanding it.

Too be honest I can''t see how any of the front 6 could get more than 6 except maybe from croft. In the first half we were just plain awful and it was the subs that really pushed us up the pitch and the fact that PNE decided not to play in the second half. Russell scored the goal but apart from that he was very poor. Fozzy might have got stuck in but didn''t do much else and as such the forwards got very isolated. Doc and shax were very good yesterday, I''d probably have shax higher as doc did do a bit of dodgy marking early on the first half that left us exposed a couple of times. My motd was camara. In the second half he was one of our biggest attacking threats and PNE got nothing down our left hand side all game.

Thanks for that everyone, a bit of mixed bag there but i get the general feeling here.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

I think that''s reasonable actually.  He gets the crowd going, but huffs and puffs a lot without delivering.  He was our best player first half though, some lovely one-twos by the corner flag and some intelligent running.  6 seems harsh - or rather, 6 seems fair but to give Fozzy 7 when he was largely anonymous and made some very poor passing decisions is generous.

From that performance yesterday, I think the benchmark score for players should be 6.  The only variations I''d make would be to give Russell 7, Croft 6.5 and Bates 7 (though I''d like to see him play for 90 minutes before rating him).

[/quote]i''d give crofty a 7 - he put in a decent cross to the near post first half, but dion couldn''t get to it first.  2nd half, he set up plastic perfectly, but the player hoofed it over the bar from the edge of the 6 yard box with only the keeper to beat.  the boy is starting to think about where he''s putting the ball, but it takes a goalscoring to take a chance and make the runs and/or get on the end crosses, where they are decent imo.

A poor game with defenders winning out by a mile,  city had no creativity in midfield and even less movement and threat up front.  All this talk of play offs is a waste fo breath unless we can find a striker who looks like scoring.  0-0 would have been a fair result.

Marshall  6 Actually took a cross,  saved when needed and tried to distribute through defenders when possible;  poor kicking still

Otsemebor  6 Looked injured and  lack pace,

Doc 7 Best of the defenders - just solid

Shax 6  V poor first half when he played as if he didnt like the competition 2 central defender signing had been made,  much improved second half

Camara 6 Did OK today,  nothing spectacular

Croft 6 Best of the midfielders,  did give the crowd a buzz with his hugely improved effort but woeful final ball again.  So over reliant on his right foot - eg made himself a good shooting chance in 1st half but then turned back to his right foot and lost ball as had no confidence in his left - as Rust showed sometimes just swinging the leg works... Found it tougher to get anything past their sub thelonger the game went on

Fozzy 5 How many drag backs do you need to go nowhere?  Still willing to have the ball though

Russell 5 He huffed and puffed,  poor passing and like fozzy little impact until he gloriously and hoepfully swung that leg.

Betrand 5 Some good defensive work but not enough going forward

Evans 5 No impact at all today.

Dublin 5 Looked his age,  beaten in the air too often by St Ledger, and when he did win headers we still lost possession. At least he claimed an assist.  But when in the box Dion how about some movement - attacking the front post or peeling off around the back? It at least causes their defence problems but waiting around the penalty spot for a Croft cross to be delivered correctly is simply being to optimistic on two fronts.

Subs

Bates 7 Looked super,  best pass of the day just after coming on the pitch.  Looks like giving Ots a run for his money despite being a centre back.

Henry 5 - Not do much to impress - but not on long enough.

Cureton 6 Looked eager and finally brough a save from their keeper.