Sign in to follow this  
Muffles

Play Offs and promotion.....

With the recent good run of form and our steady climb up the table, more and more of us are looking at the possibility of reaching the play offs, and if we make them hitting a good run of form it''s wholly possible that we could, against all early season predictions, gain promotion - however - are we in a position to be promotoed?

Don''t get me wrong, I''d love to see us back in the Premier League, but after a season where we''ve struggled to compete in a the second tier, would fans prefer to see us get promoted and subsequently get the millions of pounds it brings (with the possibility that the board won''t release as much as needed to stay up) and become lambs to the slaughter like Derby....

OR

.....see us build on this season and gain promotion like we did in under Worthy, playing good football and sweeping aside the opposition?

I''d personally prefer the latter, whereby we build a strong competitive squad, and become a force in the Championship before taking on the Premiership.

Not a negative post, just fishing for opinions.......

Our current team - good though it is, relies far too heavily on loan signings.  Without them we would be in serious trouble.  Were we to get promoted we''d have to buy a new team.  This said, the romance of the premiership and the ''sloggers chance'' mentality means I cant wish for anything other than promotion. 

I dont think we''ll get it - but the foundations are slowly being laid.  I like the policy of not signing or tolerating crap players in the team.  The loanees are helping us to regain our reputation.  Once this happens, we should be in a better position to attract decent players and make a serious bid for promotion.