Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

We should be proud of our club

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Quality,absolute quality........Carry on son, you carry on backing them mate, i''ll just support the badge, the team and the manager like any REAL  fan would do.!

[/quote]

Just wondering Arthur, when will you be starting to do this??
[/quote]

Care to find a post where i slate the BADGE OR PLAYERS AND MANAGER? You see, in life if you think the ones in charge are taking the pee, you get a chance to vote them out....get my point?

[/quote]

Urm..... your ''welcome'' to Roeder springs to mind.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Spot on. Our unrivalled facilities (thanks to the boards investment) has a massive effect in attracting not just the players but also affecting the willingness of managers to let their your players come here.

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

I think you will find a certain chase had a big say in the clubs playing facillties like colney and they would be the thing that attract players,not Hotels on the corner. As for attracting players....ermm, im sure it was you lot defending the board when the likes of Varney and Sharp didnt want to come here.

[/quote]

Arthur. How do you expect the board to fund the team without off field investments? We don''t raise enough money through TV rights or through the turnstyles, they aren''t personally cash rich enough to plough in millions, where do you expect the money to come from?

None of us like to see hotels and so much corprate hospitality in grounds, but its a reality of the modern game, at many many grounds up and down the country. Name me ONE example of a Premier/Champs club who doesn''t invest in alternate money raising schemes. Go on, just name ONE.
[/quote]

I`ll give you two- Portsmouth and Palace.

[/quote]

hmm that would be Palace who have a supermarket incorperated into one of their stands....and I''m sure Pompeys plans for a new stadium will include many other revenue opportunities.

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Spot on. Our unrivalled facilities (thanks to the boards investment) has a massive effect in attracting not just the players but also affecting the willingness of managers to let their your players come here.

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

I think you will find a certain chase had a big say in the clubs playing facillties like colney and they would be the thing that attract players,not Hotels on the corner. As for attracting players....ermm, im sure it was you lot defending the board when the likes of Varney and Sharp didnt want to come here.

[/quote]

Arthur. How do you expect the board to fund the team without off field investments? We don''t raise enough money through TV rights or through the turnstyles, they aren''t personally cash rich enough to plough in millions, where do you expect the money to come from?

None of us like to see hotels and so much corprate hospitality in grounds, but its a reality of the modern game, at many many grounds up and down the country. Name me ONE example of a Premier/Champs club who doesn''t invest in alternate money raising schemes. Go on, just name ONE.
[/quote]

Just a thought but how do clubs like stoke and burnley manage to spend money?

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

Give it a rest Arthur - I know you like ancient history but crediting everything we achieve today to Robert Chase is like crediting the space shuttle to Wilbur Wright.......and, I''m sure if, God forbid, we actually got to the play-offs and won promotion it would all be down to Ron Saunders!

[/quote]

Wrong Horn, i hated Chase as much as anyone else towards the end and was very active in the protests,but the academy was very successful under chase,and off field facilities were the main reason we got rid of him. I''m baffled as to why fans seem to think its perfectly fine to do it now without the benefits of a decent set of promising youngsters coming along.

Not at all, you asked for post where you slated the manager and I found you one - simple as that - perhaps you should have added that you didn''t mean posts that you had apologised for or that were over a certain amount of time ago etc etc. No tricks, just answering your question. [:)]

[quote user="Churchillian my Arth"]Wrong Horn, i hated Chase as much as anyone else towards the end and was very active in the protests,[/quote]Has there ever been a board member or chairman of Norwich that you didn''t hate, Arthur ?

Palace''s super market isnt actually built into the stand.. its owned and managed soleley by Sainsburys who own the land behind that stand.. Palace make no profit at all... as far as im aware they are still renting Smellhurst off Ron Noades as well, hence the reason they cant develop that S**tpit any further.

jas :)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Now that is actually an interesting thought, Arthur.

Anyone got any figures for these clubs?

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Now that is actually an interesting thought, Arthur.

Anyone got any figures for these clubs?

[/quote]

No figures unfortunately but both clubs seem to be able to invest a fair amount in the team season on season despite having half our gates. I can`t remember too many player big-money player sales in recent years either. In Burnleys case it is probably using any available money they have on the team rather than updating their old ground......[^o)]

Burnley seem to get by with having the one of the smaller squads in the championship, 25 players including 3 loan players, and 1 out on loan if their wiki is to be believed.  Stoke are owned by the Chairman of bet365, which I should imagine is a license to print money - no shops needed, just a web-site and a marketing budget.  but you could say the same about us I suppose, small squad bolstered by loans, directors of large companies on the board, blah blah blah...

" using any available money they have on the team rather than updating their old ground....."and we all know what happened to the paupers down the road when they finally had to update their ground

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Palace''s super market isnt actually built into the stand.. its owned and managed soleley by Sainsburys who own the land behind that stand.. Palace make no profit at all... as far as im aware they are still renting Smellhurst off Ron Noades as well, hence the reason they cant develop that S**tpit any further.

jas :)

[/quote]

Palace had to sell the land to Sainsbury''s to finance ground improvements. I know everyone who''s had the misfortune to go there will find that hard to believe.

Mr Jordan conned RN into selling him the ground (involved using a third party) sometime last year. Jordan has plans to redevelop but needs another retail development to help fund it.