Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

We should be proud of our club

ARSENAL starlet Kieran Gibbs today revealed how Arsene Wenger had

given his personal seal of approval to his loan move to Norwich.

Gibbs joined the Canaries on transfer deadline day, signing a loan deal keeping him at Carrow Road until April 28.

The 18-year-old was the only one of the Gunners young flock that

boss Wenger was willing to release on loan, with the Premier League

club short on numbers due to injury and the African Cup of Nations.

Therefore, the queue for Gibbs'' services was a long one, with a

number of City''s Championship rivals eager to add the England U19

international to their squads.

But the Canaries won the race for Gibbs. And while manager Glenn

Roeder''s close relationship with Wenger undoubtedly played a part, so

did the Canaries'' reputation for taking care of young players.

"I spoke to the chief scout and my academy director and they said

that he (Wenger) wanted me to go out on loan to somewhere that''s a good

stable club, somewhere where they like to try and play football, so he

thought Norwich would be a good place to come and get that experience,"

said Gibbs.Hopefully if it all goes well we can have another one next season  [:D]   Be proud of that news above, we have a GREAT manager to match our great club.

Spot on. Our unrivalled facilities (thanks to the boards investment) has a massive effect in attracting not just the players but also affecting the willingness of managers to let their your players come here. Come on you Yella''s

I think that speaks volumes about the respect Roeder has within the game, and I am looking forward to seeing who he signs on permanent deals in the summer.  Until then, I''ve got a good feeling about the rest of the season.

Yeah ok, sorry I am feeling more positive now. Roeder will have to buy in the summer because 7 of our players will leave! So I guess I can wait and speculate until then!

Everything about our club is bob on in my book.  Lovely stadium, great facilities, good fans (mostly) and now we play good passing football too.  Well done to Glen Roeder, you are doing much better than I thought you would.  Well chuffed to be proved completely wrong.

Agree with all the sentiments about him coming here, but he wasn''t the only Arsenal starlet released. Mark Randall has gone to Burnley.

Article in the Telegraph a few weeks ago that mentions both of them http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/01/09/sfnars109.xml&page=1

Includes this......

"Kieran Gibbs
Age 18

Moved to Arsenal when Wimbledon’s Academy disbanded. Blessed with a wonderful left foot, the midfielder from Lambeth loves to go hunting for the ball."

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Spot on. Our unrivalled facilities (thanks to the boards investment) has a massive effect in attracting not just the players but also affecting the willingness of managers to let their your players come here.

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

I think you will find a certain chase had a big say in the clubs playing facillties like colney and they would be the thing that attract players,not Hotels on the corner. As for attracting players....ermm, im sure it was you lot defending the board when the likes of Varney and Sharp didnt want to come here.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

Agree with all the sentiments about him coming here, but he wasn''t the only Arsenal starlet released. Mark Randall has gone to Burnley.

Article in the Telegraph a few weeks ago that mentions both of them http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/01/09/sfnars109.xml&page=1

Includes this......

"Kieran Gibbs
Age 18

Moved to Arsenal when Wimbledon’s Academy disbanded. Blessed with a wonderful left foot, the midfielder from Lambeth loves to go hunting for the ball."

[/quote]

Yea i thought this, even on our official site it says that gibbs was the only arsenal player loaned out 

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Spot on. Our unrivalled facilities (thanks to the boards investment) has a massive effect in attracting not just the players but also affecting the willingness of managers to let their your players come here.

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha,

Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha,

You must be a major shareholder! If not then can I suggest you go into politics, you would be brilliant! Can I add my thanks for the boards investment, well done.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

I think you will find a certain chase had a big say in the clubs playing facillties like colney and they would be the thing that attract players,not Hotels on the corner. As for attracting players....ermm, im sure it was you lot defending the board when the likes of Varney and Sharp didnt want to come here.

[/quote]

Any chance to slag the club off, your right there at the front of the queue arn''t ya? Keep it coming to keep your rep up.........

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

Any chance to slag the club off, your right there at the front of the queue arn''t ya? Keep it coming to keep your rep up.........

[/quote]

Having a go at the Board is NOT slagging the club off, it is though of us who are not prepared to let the board keep fobbing us off with lack of funds that are the REAL SUPPORTERS. Those of you who are prepared to put up with continued lack of investment are the ones who are letting NCFC down, and until you wake up we will still be in this division, or possibly worse Div 1. We belong in the top flight, we won''t get there unless you open your eyes see what''s happening and fight for something better.

Burnleys'' manager must also have this special relationship with Wenger as they have got Randall on loan.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Spot on. Our unrivalled facilities (thanks to the boards investment) has a massive effect in attracting not just the players but also affecting the willingness of managers to let their your players come here. Come on you Yella''s[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Having a go at the Board is NOT slagging the club off, it is though of us who are not prepared to let the board keep fobbing us off with lack of funds that are the REAL SUPPORTERS. Those of you who are prepared to put up with continued lack of investment are the ones who are letting NCFC down, and until you wake up we will still be in this division, or possibly worse Div 1. We belong in the top flight, we won''t get there unless you open your eyes see what''s happening and fight for something better.

[/quote]Boo hoo [:''(] People like you would moan whatever happened. Fact is, we''re on the up and some people want to enjoy it. There''s always something to whinge about if you want to.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Boo hoo [:''(] People like you would moan whatever happened. Fact is, we''re on the up and some people want to enjoy it. There''s always something to whinge about if you want to.
[/quote]

SPit! Ralphy needs some back-up on another thread (can''t remember which one) as Ralphy''s gettin'' the runaround off those closet binbags.......Get over there now as things are gettin'' a bit tasty! QUICK![:O]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

And what an awful lot of good those expensive facilities have done us in the last few years.......[:|]

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quality,absolute quality........Carry on son, you carry on backing them mate, i''ll just support the badge, the team and the manager like any REAL  fan would do.!

Quality,absolute quality........Carry on son, you carry on backing them mate, i''ll just support the badge, the team and the manager like any REAL  fan would do.!

[/quote]Just wondering Arthur, when will you be starting to do this??

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Just wondering Arthur, when will you be starting to do this??
[/quote]

Care to find a post where i slate the BADGE OR PLAYERS AND MANAGER? You see, in life if you think the ones in charge are taking the pee, you get a chance to vote them out....get my point?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You support the club pops,(I hope you find pops as condisending as son) get real, I support the club as much as everybody, so by your reckoning, if I support the team, badge and manager and the board, I''m not a real supporter? But for people who constantly slag the board, at every possible moment, they are in fact slagging the club. We all know everything is not rosy, but like every other club, we are trying. I too would love some money brought in and maybe some fresh faces on the board, but I don''t blame the board for everything, like I don''t think the board for everything that is bad.

You see, in life if you think the ones in charge are taking the pee, you get a chance to vote them out....get my point?

[/quote]

Er, no, actually, that''s the government - NCFC isn''t a democracy, it''s a Limited company.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Spot on. Our unrivalled facilities (thanks to the boards investment) has a massive effect in attracting not just the players but also affecting the willingness of managers to let their your players come here. Come on you Yella''s[/quote]

[/quote]Arthur. How do you expect the board to fund the team without off field investments? We don''t raise enough money through TV rights or through the turnstyles, they aren''t personally cash rich enough to plough in millions, where do you expect the money to come from?None of us like to see hotels and so much corprate hospitality in grounds, but its a reality of the modern game, at many many grounds up and down the country. Name me ONE example of a Premier/Champs club who doesn''t invest in alternate money raising schemes. Go on, just name ONE.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

Includes this......

"Kieran Gibbs
Age 18

[/quote]

Of course a cynic might say, Kenny, that they were the two that Arsene felt that he could let out as he may need the others for bigger things during the rest of this seaon. But then I''m not a cynic....

But don''t worry Kieran. You just buckle down and show us you are a class act and make Uncle Arsene take you back in - or better make Glen sign you up for us - and we''ll all be very happy.

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

You see, in life if you think the ones in charge are taking the pee, you get a chance to vote them out....get my point?

[/quote]

Er, no, actually, that''s the government - NCFC isn''t a democracy, it''s a Limited company.

[/quote]

Yes, it is fairly ''Limited''.....

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry but as much as I would love us to be in the Prem, we have no right to be there, Wolves, West Brom, Charlton, Watford, Ipswich Shef Wed and Utd, the list is long, they have as much right as us to be there and that is little. No one has any right not even Manure Arsenal etc. I hate this argument about being real suporters if you support the board or hate them, the same applies if you go and don''t, there is no such thing as a real supporter, there are supporters and non supporters, in my view, its as simple as that.

I have said time and time again, I don''t support or not support the board, we can not do diddly squat about our board, we are not Barcelona, we are Norwich and like evry other club, we have to stick with what we got, untill the new investment comes in.

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur. How do you expect the board to fund the team without off field investments? We don''t raise enough money through TV rights or through the turnstyles, they aren''t personally cash rich enough to plough in millions, where do you expect the money to come from?

None of us like to see hotels and so much corprate hospitality in grounds, but its a reality of the modern game, at many many grounds up and down the country. Name me ONE example of a Premier/Champs club who doesn''t invest in alternate money raising schemes. Go on, just name ONE.
[/quote]

I`ll give you two- Portsmouth and Palace.

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

Give it a rest Arthur - I know you like ancient history but crediting everything we achieve today to Robert Chase is like crediting the space shuttle to Wilbur Wright.......and, I''m sure if, God forbid, we actually got to the play-offs and won promotion it would all be down to Ron Saunders!

sadly poor old widdle hasn''t been to carrow road since way before ron saunder''s time - I do wonder if he has been outside of his bedroom since then either !

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on you Yella''s
[/quote]

[/quote]

Give it a rest Arthur - I know you like ancient history but crediting everything we achieve today to Robert Chase is like crediting the space shuttle to Wilbur Wright.......and, I''m sure if, God forbid, we actually got to the play-offs and won promotion it would all be down to Ron Saunders!

[/quote]

It''s limited minds who feel the need to shout, Horn.

Lord, talk about anachronisms.

As for ''God forbid''.......

It''s a fact that the Academy was built to an outstanding peak under Chase - and very significantly weakened under Smith. But don''t allow facts to get in the way of slagging off Arthur, old chap.

OTBC

OTBC