Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

Gotta love archant!

Hucks doesn''t play one game and suddenly his career is "hanging by a thread"... sesh... I reckon they write half these stories just to wind up people on here. I await the barrage of "I can''t believe Roeder will never play Hucks again - SACK THE BOARD" posts...

[quote user="ob1"]Hucks doesn''t play one game and suddenly his career is "hanging by a thread"... sesh... I reckon they write half these stories just to wind up people on here. I await the barrage of "I can''t believe Roeder will never play Hucks again - SACK THE BOARD" posts...[/quote]

I''ve got to agree here ob. I love this message board and the team who moderate/sort our posts out etc are stars with the patience of saints but some of the journalism that sometimes makes it into the EDP and EEN sports section is an absolute bl**dy disgrace! At best it is misleading and occasionally its very close to scandalous lies. And you have to go some to stand out as being bad amongst today''s journos. Sort it out, FFS!!!!!!   

Yes get your act together Archant, you''re making me very angry [:D]

Who is responsible for that headline and what is their email addy?

Although i do congratulate them on their analysing of the referee in the EDP

"Terribly Fussy, terribly off, the pace - terrible"

Chris Lakey, take a bow!

[quote user="ob1"]Hucks doesn''t play one game and suddenly his career is "hanging by a thread"... sesh... I reckon they write half these stories just to wind up people on here. I await the barrage of "I can''t believe Roeder will never play Hucks again - SACK THE BOARD" posts...[/quote]

What''s your problem?

Archant article is spot on! It''s just that you don''t like the content. 

The boy Hucks is no longer the player he was, he''s carrying a nagging injury (and has been since last summer), he is not an automatic first choice anymore and his contract runs out in the summer with his agent saying ''thats it'' (basically). If all that can''t be condensed down to .....''his career hanging by a thread'' I don''t know what can.  

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

What''s your problem?

The boy Hucks is no longer the player he was, he''s carrying a nagging injury (and has been since last summer), he is not an automatic first choice anymore and his contract runs out in the summer with his agent saying ''thats it'' (basically). If all that can''t be condensed down to .....''his career hanging by a thread'' I don''t know what can.  

[/quote]

Being dropped/rested for one game does not a career-hanging-by-a-thread make. Hence my criticism of an otherwise inciteful, as opposed to insightful, article. Because people on here will react like it''s the gospel truth.... like yourself.

erm, please stop complaining about what they write... this is a football forum not a newspaper forum. go somewhere else if you would like to complain about the quality of headlines... dear god some people are sad

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

What''s your problem?

[/quote]

No you''re wrong - I don''t like the style. It is not a quote and you know as well as I do that it is mixed with an opinion and sensationalist language to make something interesting to print. Its sh*t stirring and it happens quite a lot - that''s what I don''t like. I think that the Pink Un should have higher standards that your average red top. It should be better than that. Rant over!

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]erm, please stop complaining about what they write... this is a football forum not a newspaper forum. go somewhere else if you would like to complain about the quality of headlines... dear god some people are sad[/quote]

It''s not sad, it''s still relevant (seeing as this forum is run by people who work for Archant) and frankly some of the stuff these "journalists" have come out with recently is appalling. These sensationalist stories are becoming more and more common, presumably because they haven''t got anything else to write about.