Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

divided opinions

it is evident that there is much divided opinion over Darren Huckerby, some think hes great some think hes lazy others think , well who knows. the point im trying to make is that whilst we keep hearing how great he is he wont be here forever. he hasnt exactly endeared himself to many with some of his outbursts such as the one about how poor the squad is, carrying the attack etc. now he is as much a part of that squad but his outbursts do nothing for morale, and i for one think all this criticism of roeder by many could backfire. hux has been great on his day but also been woeful too just like any other player. what he should do is go out with a bit more dignity and accept that roeder may be building for the future, one which by his own words may not include him as he said he may retire this season anyway.

football is a team game not a one man show

for everyones opinions Darren Huckerby is just 1 player... 1 person in the long history of Norwich City football club.. he ISNT Norwich city football club itself... but a fine player in long line of fine players...

when hucks leaves he will leave behind memories, someone else will come along who could be just as good (or perhaps even better) than Darren... this person could turn up at the club tommorow or in 10 years... im sure they will give their all and become a hero like hucks has.. but every dog has their day.. i think its been apparent to even the most Die hard of hucks fans that his time has been coming for a while... and that we need to plan for a team without Darren Huckerby.

im sure theres some here who think it will be the end of the world and the club will be relegated without him... im sure theres others here who will look forward to the challenge.. ( we have proven this season we can win without him).

Roeder will pick the best team and subs for each game.. it matters not if Hucks does or doesnt feature... no one over rules the manager.

Should we make the playoffs without hucks in the team should we give him a token appearence at the last home game? in the playoffs? at Wembley? if promotion is at steake with the players that got us there wo would want a sympathy vote for hucks for 1 last appearence.

theres always the chance (and this looks likely giving how far the pecking order he has gone) that we pay his contract off and release him... meaning he might of already played his last game in a Norwich city shirt....

jas :)

quite funny as i mentioned hucks at start season when you was doing badly and i got slaughtered. i was mainly saying norwich rely on him to much. instead of trying to go forward first thing they do is look for hucks.

good player in his prime, but time for norwich to move on, he is inconsistent and has one good game for every 4 average games nowadays

we8wbajust have a proper opinion rather than talk bollocks...i maintain that wolves are shit but i dont go saying it constantly, ( its true you know it)so actually give an opinion, a STRUCTURED ONE.

oh beaker!!! your friends here.....

we8wba....  If you were merely saying we''re too relient on Hucks I doubt people would have disagreed as it''s been the case ever since he joined (minus the promotion season he just guaranteed it).... But knowing you  I doubt you just said that.

Why couldnt you add your post to one of the existing Hucks threads Baldyboy rather than start a new one??

[quote user="buddhaboy"]we8wba
just have a proper opinion rather than talk bollocks...
i maintain that wolves are shit but i dont go saying it constantly, ( its true you know it)

so actually give an opinion, a STRUCTURED ONE.

[/quote]

What isn''t constructive about WE8WBA''S post. He is spot on as by far and away Hucks has been our most creative player and like it or not we have heavily relied on him. Lack of planning from Worthy and Grant clearly evidenced this as there was never a back up plan when we were struggling.

ca sorry if i upset you as i know how much you adore Hux but i just wanted to say what it says in the title. others are all pro or anti, and i wanted tomake a different point.

It''s quite interesting how the thought of losing Darren Huckerby now to some supporters is not an issue and a side line to the bigger picture that GR is trying to build.

Compare this with 12 months ago and this was an unthinkable scenario. For me, this speaks volumes of how we''ve developed and where Glenn has got us.

Having said that, all the criticism he is getting is harsh. I know he not performing at the ''required standard'' at the moment but the man has been a vital part of NCFC for the past 3/4 years. Doesn''t take long to tarnish a reputation around here does it?

Bryan Gunn anyone?

[quote user="baldyboy"]ca sorry if i upset you as i know how much you adore Hux but i just wanted to say what it says in the title. others are all pro or anti, and i wanted tomake a different point.[/quote]

Your point being some people are pro and some are anti...

Point well made!

I feel Huckerby was great and will go down as being a legend for us, however, I feel its time for him to hang up his English boots (tho'' probaly made in the far east) and take on an overseas challenge.

27 Years a Canary

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

It''s quite interesting how the thought of losing Darren Huckerby now to some supporters is not an issue and a side line to the bigger picture that GR is trying to build.

Compare this with 12 months ago and this was an unthinkable scenario. For me, this speaks volumes of how we''ve developed and where Glenn has got us.

Having said that, all the criticism he is getting is harsh. I know he not performing at the ''required standard'' at the moment but the man has been a vital part of NCFC for the past 3/4 years. Doesn''t take long to tarnish a reputation around here does it?

Bryan Gunn anyone?

[/quote]

No it doesn''t take long, have a look at some of the anti GR posters already just because he won''t pick Hucks to play lol pathetic, truly pathetic.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Bryan Gunn anyone?

[/quote]

You could also say Gary Holt or Craig Fleming. 2 players who sweated blood for the Canary cause, players of the year and yet slated by a proportion of our so called fans. Their crimes - Holt being found out at premiership level and Fleming getting old!

I agree with Jas earlier on this thread. Hucks is probably my all time favourite City player in 25 years of going to games but we have we recovered from losing great players in the past;

1. Finishing 5th after selling Chris Woods and Dave Watson in the close season.
  2. Finishing 4th after selling Steve Bruce and Kevin Drinkell the season before.
  3. Finishing 3rd after selling Flecky

The club will move on and we will have a new idol - Crofty is doing a good job at filling the void currently!

I think Hux can still do a job for the rest of the season if he is given the chance. I would love to see him just once more tear an opposition right back to shreds......

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

[quote user="buddhaboy"]we8wba
just have a proper opinion rather than talk bollocks...
i maintain that wolves are shit but i dont go saying it constantly, ( its true you know it)

so actually give an opinion, a STRUCTURED ONE.

[/quote]

What isn''t constructive about WE8WBA''S post. He is spot on as by far and away Hucks has been our most creative player and like it or not we have heavily relied on him. Lack of planning from Worthy and Grant clearly evidenced this as there was never a back up plan when we were struggling.

[/quote]

But we8wba is a Wolves fan. Therefore he is evil. EVIL.

Obviously can''t criticise Roeder who has done wonders in getting us out of a real mess. I do find his large number of loan signings as a bit strange particularly that if one or two of them really develop, their clubs will want to retain them anyway. I rather think Glenn is just toughening up the squad to ensure survival is more or less guaranteed. I would imagine he does not seeing us reaching the play-offs, because amongst other things, we just do not look like scoring many goals. I suspect that over the summer he will then introduce permanent signings at sensible prices and try to build a decent side. All good tactics.

As to Huckerby he has obviously lost a bit of pace but I would completely agree that at the very least he should still be on the subs bench. So far young Bertrand has made little contribution but he is quick and plays further back than Hucks and can help out the defence. Roeder''s philosophy seems to be to try and not concede goals and with a bit of luck, as over the past two weeks, we will get a few wins. At the moment we just do not have the quality in most areas of the pitch to even think about the Premiership. As to Croft, sorry, still do not rate him.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

No it doesn''t take long, have a look at some of the anti GR posters already just because he won''t pick Hucks to play lol pathetic, truly pathetic.

[/quote]

I don''t think there are any anti GR posters on here and hardly anyone has said he should pick him, think all people are saying that in view of his loyalty lets treat him with respect and let him bow out with his head held high.

I must say Hucks has not looked at this best so far this season, but, he one of the fittest players at the club and therefore should be given time to fully recover from this injury he is carrying. He is undoubtably one of greatest players ever to have worn the yellow and green and his loyalty to the club has to be saluted. He could have gone elsewhere and everything he has said he has stuck to, which is a rareity amongst todays prima donnas.

I salute you Hucks and hope we see you back in the team again soon, the only fear I have is concerning the relationship between Hucks and GR.