Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

I've carried the attack for the last four years'

''I''ve carried the attack for the last four years'''' Huckerby''s comment on local  radio this afternoon. Not misquoted direct from Huckerby himself.

He has been a fantastic player for NCFC, but with an arrogant comment like that the sooner he goes the better.

You say that...but its true, Ashton and Earnshaw came in and lasted a season each before wandering off. Huckerby was the focus of our play from the season he came up until a quarter of the way through this one, you really cant complain about the quality and loyalty of performance hes provided for our club.

I hope Hucks shows the intelligence to concede with grace that as much as he has done for the club, there will be an end, and it is linked to the inevitable ageing process. Perhaps that arrogance that you mention TGE, is part of his undoubted competitiveness, and cannot easily be separated. I''d like to think that the ''maturing'' process that clearly is working away on his body, would have a positive impact on his mindset.

If it doesn''t then he is destined to leave us a bitter man eventually.

Go with dignity Hucks! ...but not before you''ve given your all until the last second of the last minute of this season.

[quote user="The Great Escape. "]

''I''ve carried the attack for the last four years'''' Huckerby''s comment on local  radio this afternoon. Not misquoted direct from Huckerby himself.

He has been a fantastic player for NCFC, but with an arrogant comment like that the sooner he goes the better.

[/quote]

Why???

He is right!!!

The abuse Huckerby and Cureton have been getting lately is outrageous.... when players like the Doc are praised for giving 100% effort but being 100% crap!!!

Rather like the abuse you and Arthur Whittle get on this board - after carrying the attack upon the club for years.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Great Escape. "]

[/quote]

Why???

He is right!!!

The abuse Huckerby and Cureton have been getting lately is outrageous.... when players like the Doc are praised for giving 100% effort but being 100% crap!!!

[/quote]Whether he is right or wrong, he shouldn''t have said it. Like when he said that the side this season is the worst he''s seen here, he may have been right, but still, should not have said it. Comments like those are more likely to cause discontent that get a positive reaction.The Doc has been our best player for the last six weeks so that last comment is harsh. It does describe Cureton''s recent form though,

[/quote]

Why???

He is right!!!

[/quote]

Seen any games ''lateley''?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh bu*ger! I agree with Smudger................Nurse!.[:D]

[quote user="The Great Escape. "]

[/quote]

what an Arrogant comment! so Leon McKenzie, Matt svensson and Iwan Roberts contributed nothing over that time did they Darren? hate to say it but we''d of got promoted that season without you.

why come out and say somethign like that!!

jas :)

I would like to say thank you to the Pink''Un for clearing this up.This quote has been taken out of context - you should all go and read the latest article in which is printed exactly what he said. I think you would find it hard to disagree with. Next time try including all of the words rather than just the ones you want everybody to hear just as the dodgier tabloids do.

i agree with him, huckerby has been there through it all......carrying us, when the likes of earnshaw and not so much ashton have left at the first opportunity.   

The loyalty he has shown this club especially in todays game is second to none!!

Seen any games lately then ''Smudger'' ?    Whilst I don''t disagree that Huckerby has carried the attack, the Doc has been far from ''crap'' of late. I''m not usually a fan of his at all but recently he''s been excellent. Take it from someone that actually goes to the matches.

no problem with the comment...... it is 100% TRUE, without Hucks we would never have gone into the Premiership and would almost definetly me in League 1 by now. He has shown true committment to the club, he may wear his heart on his sleeve, but so what, thats all the other 22,000 people who turn up at FCR every other week do. Hucks will still play an important part this season and if that is from the bench then so be it, and if this is his last season here then so be it. Thanks Hucks for the memories, you will be remembered as a true City legend.

Maybe if some people on this board actually took time to go and watch the team play rather than believing everything they read on this board as a way of judging players then some of the criticisms may be a little more realistic. Doc has been one of the better players for a few weeks now, Cureton one of the worst, it''s a fact, it''s called form. Doc is currently playing aswell as he did when he won player of the year and Jamie isn''t a shadow of the player we signed from Colchester but i''m confident he will find his form again.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Great Escape. "]

[/quote]

what an Arrogant comment! so Leon McKenzie, Matt svensson and Iwan Roberts contributed nothing over that time did they Darren? hate to say it but we''d of got promoted that season without you.

[/quote]

Im sorry but no we wouldnt have got promoted with out him

[/quote]

Why???

He is right!!!

[/quote]

I think you will find that Curo has been awful all season and the Doc has been steady and has infact shawed up the defence since he has come back. Curo puts the effort in, like Doc, Curo is passionate but is not delivering the goods for us and he knows it. But it is fasionable to bash the Doc and praise Curo. Look at the stats, or will you choose to ignore that as well as football at Carrow Road. I agree about Hucks abuse thou, he is right, that he has carried the attack, to be honset, I would still have him next year, would be good to have someone of his calibre still in the squad and to come of the bench. He is still a very good player, but he has not maintained the high standard of yesterday.

The great jazz drummer Buddy Rich would have no qualms about telling everybody how he was the best, and certainly a lot of music fans would consider him the best, if not one of the best, drummers ever. He also said: it ain''t bragging if you can back it up with actions, or words to that effect. Hucks is/was a very good player, and he knows it. I rather think that Hucks is merely stating a fact in saying he''s carried the attack for the past 4 years, so why shouldn''t he say so? I don''t consider his comments to be arrogant.

[quote user="sdldjl"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Great Escape. "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Im sorry but no we wouldnt have got promoted with out him

[/quote]

what about the games we won when he didnt play? remember it took us nearly month to sign him from Man city and we didnt lose a game in that time.. we also scored 4 against Derby without Hucks in the side... he was key to the campaign.. but i think we would of made it up without him...

The truth sometimes hurts, I find nothing wrong in what darren is quoted as saying in the pinkun article & fully agree.

he has without doubt been our most consistant & potent attacking option for most of the 41/2 years hes been at the club, 

During this time players like hughes lappin robinson brennan brellier stravhaka javis eagle mackenzie & brown have been brought or used to replace the quality of players like svenson, crouch, helveg, nethergard, bentley, ashton, jonson, earnshaw, green... need i say more, as he acknowledges during that time there have been good players but they have come & gone, so what he says is totally correct. I hope that he can resolve any issues he has with GR & finish the season in good form & happy.

He deserves that, even if it maybe his last.

I tell you Smudger, I don''t go to games either - pray do tell me how you manage to form such forthright opinions on players you never actually see play - would love to know!

Not sure how you would know Smudger cos the only games you see are on the box!!

Hucks is a top player, top man and has been a credit to this club and has stayed loyal to City.

[/quote]

Why???

He is right!!!

[/quote]

I agree with Smudger.......Hucks is still here !! the others all took the money, Cureton is not the only striker misfiring !! get off his back,, better service and he will score....however, I do not agree that doc is always crap, lately he has been back to the good player that we have seen before.

[quote user="cityangel"]Well spoken Chris [:)][/quote]

I second that Angel.

Those who decry Hucks will be very fortunate if they ever see another player of his like in City colours.

We have had some good''uns over the years but nobody has ever created more excitement in my opinion.

True City Legend for me. Right up there with Martin Peters, Keelan etc.

[quote user="ricardo"]

I second that Angel.

Those who decry Hucks will be very fortunate if they ever see another player of his like in City colours.

We have had some good''uns over the years but nobody has ever created more excitement in my opinion.

True City Legend for me. Right up there with Martin Peters, Keelan etc.

[/quote]I agree, Ricardo. Hucks is the most exciting player I''ve seen at the club since I started supporting (1992). Only Darren Eadie has come close. A small handful of other players have been excellent quality (Ian Crook and the like) but Hucks has been one of those few elite players that consistently had the crowd on their feet. I hate to think how long it will be before we can benefit from another player who can generate that excitement and, at times, awe. I will always respect him for the loyalty he has shown this club.

[quote user="chicken"]I would like to say thank you to the Pink''Un for clearing this up.

This quote has been taken out of context - you should all go and read the latest article in which is printed exactly what he said. I think you would find it hard to disagree with. Next time try including all of the words rather than just the ones you want everybody to hear just as the dodgier tabloids do.
[/quote]

It was not some dodgy tabloid, as you state taking what I wanted to read, Huckerby was interviewed on radio Broadland and it went out on the news at 16.00hrs on Friday 1st Feb. It was direct from his own mouth  and was NOT taken out of context.