Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Thank Gawd some of you posters are'nt Worthy!.

Now the old wizard is a patient man, he really is, but some of you posters have driven him quite mad just recently.

The cause, silly transfer talk. Yes I know we''re all impatient for next season to kick off, but the recent speculation as to who is coming, or going, is pointless and getting beyond a joke. I know you''ll say ''lighten up wiz old chap, its only fun'', and to a degree I''d go along with that premise. The Carl Cort thread being a case in point.

But I swear some of you won''t be happy till we have a 96 man squad who are all over 32 years old and foreign. Or indeed Bregkamp, Keown and Sheringham and other fading starlets who will last a season and cost a bomb.

Leave it to Sir Nige, he knows what he''s doing, he aint got millions to spend and will make his judgement on a sounder footing then we ever could. Please, please talk about something else and change the bloody record!.

End of rant.

1st Wiz, as you probably know there will be no chance of this summers transfer speculation dying down at any stage (unless you cast a spell on everyone). You''d better give up reading the back pages of the papers from now until the new season starts ''cause it''s only going to get worse. And unlike last season Norwich can''t hang around because of the transfer window for Premiership clubs.

As for Worthy signing old folks like Keown, I think he learnt his lesson when he wasted half a million on the "experienced" Neil Emblen. I hope he did anyway.

I have put a ban on myself from commenting on any transfer talk unless someone at NCFC states an interest. Post Huckerby optimism and the fact that I am not used to NCFC having any cash means Iv started to believe anything was possible.

The Scott Parker suggestion was proof that I was getting too excited (I had a cold bath after that post).

Mind you, its going to be hard in Euro 2004 not to become a amateur scout.

You know Chelski will have the first 100 player squad, then they might win the Prem.

But I agree speculation on the basis of some nobody is available puts our fragile expectant supporters in a tizz.

NW will tell us who and when, but make it soon at least before end Aug.

I see what you’re saying Wiz. I know a lot of people (myself included) have gone a bit OTT with the transfer speculation. I do agree though that we should calm down the links with the over aged “has beens” (Keown, Sheringham, Sherwood etc). However, I can see why people (myself included again) are dreaming. For the first time in a long long time we have the chance of signing some great players. I agree that we shouldn’t go nuts, but I can see why people are dreaming.

Nice to see you back Wiz, haven’t seen much of you recently. Hope Mrs Wiz is ok.

Thanks for asking about Mrs Wiz DD, I don''t wish to tempt the fates but her progress has been quite amazing!. You can''t beat warts of toads eh?.

I''ve been gathering all my strength for tomorrows play-off final, and I''m going to make sure Palace win. And you know, I feel no sorrow for West Ham when this happens. Trust me on this, it will happen, that should please Mr Raven, yes?.

It will certainly please me if you burn the Irons in your unworldly fires, Wiz! Is there anything I can do to help?
Glad to hear about your other half too. You are obviously very good at the TLC-giving. Are you still surviving on takeaways or can Mrs. Wiz give you some culinary instruction/assistance now?

Fair point Wiz, but speculation is part of the fun.

We are fairly light on topics of conversation and it can be amusing to put a name of some totally unsuitable player on the board and watch the frenzy as the posters hurriedly dismiss the idea (sherwood!)

Out of interest, will your playoff spell involve a small sacrifical offering or a more standard cauldron concoction?

1st Wizard, your prediction of a Palace victory will, I fear, fail due to end-of-the-season staleness for your brews. It will be West Ham in a canter much like Smarty Jones for the Triple Crown here in the USA.

Dear Susie: The takeaways are, thank the gods, a distant horrific memory. Mrs wiz could no doubt teach Delia a thing or two in the kitchen I can tell you!. How lucky can an old wizard get?.

I don''t know about TLC Susie, but I know a few closely guarded secrets!. And yes, you can help me.

About 2.59 pm tomorrow, think of an eagle soaring high over Cardiff, with Pardew, screaming in pain, cluched in its mighty talons, I''ll do my bit this end. As you are no doubt an attractive nubile blond maiden, this will only enhance the power of my potion further. Its pretty standard ''run of the mill'' socerey you know, not a cauldron in sight, anyway mine''s being cleaned at ''Cauldrons Are Us'' at the moment.

YC: Oh, how could you be so rash to doubt my ability, I''m shocked at you my friend. Still its nearly summer and I''m feeling generous so I''ll pardon you in regards to your ignorance in the occult. Nice to hear from you though, and I trust you are well, your post seems to suggest that you are in fine form!.

Congratulations Wizard on your prediction, although I suspect that it was the nubile blonde maiden that shaded it for Palace. Sounded like a cracking contest.

Well done Wiz! Now you take a nice long rest with Mrs Wiz and build up your powers again. There are important times ahead.

and well done to YC for the predictable outcome of his prediction.
Leave it the experts son... :)