Sign in to follow this  
Wandsworth Canary

Ian Murray likes losing

Quote from Scotsman paper by Ian Murray

''I felt I had to try it down there or I would be sitting in five or six years wondering ''what if?'' but after Peter Grant left, it was no fun. Playing for Glenn Roeder, it was the first time in my life I felt like chucking it during a game, a lot of the players felt that way. He''s an angry man, not nice to play for.''

Strange, seems Ian found it  fun whilst we were losing week in and week out. However, Roeder arrives things get tough we start winning and Ian wants to start ''chucking it during a game''!! Hopefully the other players who felt the same have now been shipped out.

Just read this article were Ian Murry has said he really didn''t enjoy the last few months and Glen Roeder was an angry man and not nice to play for".

I think this sounds like a case of sour grapes to me. Murry was never good enough, awful when used as a leftback. Roeder is doing a fantastic job here now, and if he gets angry or annoyed at players well good. These players are earning a lot of money and if they are not performing on the pitch, they need a good kick up the rear!

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=99119

An extraordinary outburst from Murray and shows all that was wromg with Grant''s regime and the type of players and personalities he managed to bring into our squad. If Roeder has been an angry man I suspect its because he could not believe what he was seeing from some of our so called players. I don''t think those players are at the club any longer. Marray can go back to playing for a team that won''t win anything in a tinpot league.

Love the bit where he says Rangers really struggled and he''s not sure why. His next sentence begins "I played a lot more games than anybody realises." Case closed!

Murray what a joke. That''s what good managers do. What did you expect Ian for Glenn to come in and say your all doing very well carry on and I leave you all alone.

A good manager will be angry when a team is losing, the key is to get those players playing how you want them to do every week so you don''t need to get angry. Get them think in that way and you get a team of players putting in 110%, knowing that anything less will mean trouble.

What I like about Roeder is he clearly hold no players at the club in any higher esteem than any other. Do well and your alright don''t and your out on your ear. The type of manager we have needed for years.

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]

Quote from Scotsman paper by Ian Murray

''I felt I had to try it down there or I would be sitting in five or six years wondering ''what if?'' but after Peter Grant left, it was no fun. Playing for Glenn Roeder, it was the first time in my life I felt like chucking it during a game, a lot of the players felt that way. He''s an angry man, not nice to play for.''Strange, seems Ian found it  fun whilst we were losing week in and week out. However, Roeder arrives things get tough we start winning and Ian wants to start ''chucking it during a game''!! Hopefully the other players who felt the same have now been shipped out.

[/quote]That is an astonishing thing for a professional footballer to say, and just goes to show the kind of crap Grant brought into our club.Luckily I think Murray only played in one game for us after Roeder arrived, and that was at Plymouth?Someone should mail this to whichever club he''s at now.

Ian Murray is an idiot. Any player that considers loosing every game to be fun is a disgrace to the sport. He was never good enough to play for our club and he knew it the moment he arrived. Hopefully he and Grant can team up again in Scotland. He would have all the fun in the world!!

''I felt I had to try it down there or I would be sitting in five or six years wondering ''what if?'' but after Peter Grant left, it was no fun.

yeah it must of been fun playing 4 us while we near enough bottom all the time.

I bet us fans would find it just of fun if grant would of stayed and we would of got relegated

I think those are words from someone who knows he won''t be back playing in England, ever.  Its one thing to slag an ex-manager who hasn''t been able to cut it, but it really does make Murray look like a loser.  I bet he regrets his words right now.

Ian Murray is a T*sser! he strikes me from that article as being the sort of bloke who doesnt want to work for money and expects to turn up, be the first name on the team sheet, and go home with his large paycheck regardless of the result...

go give him a 12 hour shift in a factory on nights and see if he becomes thankful for what he''s got.. i repeat, T*sser!

jas :)

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Im liking Roeder more and more by the day.[/quote]

Make no mistake, IMHO GR is a ruthless b*****d with a mean streak.

(listen to the post match interview talking about Bates LOL)

He is EXACTLY the manager we needed when he came in. 

Its total sour grapes by Murray.

(and the others who were told they were either not good enough or their attitude in a fight stunk)

But by Murrays attitude its obvious that GR got it 100% right.

Who wants a player who would ever "think" about chucking a game when things arnt going well.

Even if you dont like the manager, what about the paying fans?

How can you spit on the fans who pay your wages. He should be ashamed. 

Shows us that when we were worrying about relegation and we were cut off 6 points adrift all the players were having "fun". Nice.

Maybe Murray would be happy playing for Derby County.  NCFC was the Derby of Championship until Roeder got the 2 week international break to implement his game plan without prejudice. Since then, we have lost once, and that was on a late goal (I think).  I bet they''re having a blast in Derby.  I know I have been miserable with all these darned wins and draws.  It was so much more fun getting blasted 3-1 by low grade teams with small crowds.  That''s what every kid dreams of, playing for a crappy team and getting humiliated week in and week out.

If Murray really wanted to be a man, he should have made his comments when he was here, a la Darren Huckerby. (sarcasm is over) I was so glad when I read Huckerby''s comments about this team being the worst. He was correct, he was sick of it as were the fans, and nothing was being done about it.  It was obvious many of the players were not having the fun Murray was, and they obviously quit on Grant to force the board to get rid of him. I mean, no goals in 6+ games?  Come on, you''re gonna score just by accident at some point. If we''d been awarded a penalty during that stretch, it likely would have been over the bar, accidentally on purpose. We were not shooting, and I assume it was a conscious effort by the players who wanted Grant gone to not bother trying once it became obvious to them what a train wreck the team was.   The players who were enjoying themselves didn''t have the talent to override the likes of Huckerby and others.

Wonder if Murray spent the journey back from Plymouth working out all the away trips in League One which we were certain to be making , like my car load were. Doubt it somehow...ironically, I felt favourably inclined towards Murray as he had come back from serious illness. Don''t feel quite the same now!

Scum is not fit to clean boots, I would love to see him signing for Ipswich so we could abuse him regularily

Sorry just started a new thread aboout this as I didn''t see this one further down the page.

Just wondered what Murray meant by Roeder was an angry man to play for?

I''m in the minority I know but I didnt think he did too bad when he was played in the central defender role the odd occasion.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry just started a new thread aboout this as I didn''t see this one further down the page.

I''m in the minority I know but I didnt think he did too bad when he was played in the central defender role the odd occasion.

[/quote]

I should bloody well hope Roeder was an angry man! Can you imagine?

"S''ok Jimmyboy, awreet, club''s goin'' doon the swanny, bu'' we''re havin'' a guid laff. Pass me tha'' tin o'' irn bru by the weey"

He''s gone back to Hibs, and they don''t like him there either after he gave them "the finger" when returning with Rangers.All that money every week, living such a cushy lifestyle for an average footballer, and he doesn''t even have the intelligence or grace to act with any humility.  Toerag.  I hope his future career comes to nothing and he has to get a real job - one where you can get sacked for"chucking" it.

It''s interesting. Although we don''t know how things are. But it seems for those that do their job properly, they enjoy it with Roeder. Those that don''t only have themselves to blame.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I think it means, when you are s**t and then play s**t and then someone, like your boss, tells you you are s**t, that that makes the boss an "angry man". [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Its not just about ability.

Its about metal under pressure.

In recent years we have folded like a tent when behind. GR only wants people who NEVER EVER think about chucking a game, let alone saying it in an interview.

When GR came in we needed battlers to grind out results.

Now with the loan players he is trying to add more flair and quality.

Oh, poor Ian Murray! I''m sure Roeder was an angry man to play for if you ambled around on the pitch thinking about how you''d rather ''chuck it'' than put in a worthy performance! Disappear and rot in Scotland you loser.

When I played as a kid there was one team in our league that got thumped every week (we beat them 28-0 once!) I think they grew to just not care anymore but by crikey - they were a happy bunch I tell you! We''d be on our 2nd and 3rd hat-tricks and these kids would be mucking around amongst themselves having a right good laugh seeing who could slide furthest in the mud Klinsmann style! Great fun! Maybe Ian would''ve preferred to have instigated something like this during the humiliation at Plymouth?

Ian Murray can have a nice warm cup of STFU as far as I am concerned.  Seems that ex-celtic players (Dublin,Fozzy and Marshall) are the way forward for us, ex-rangers players can **** off back to the SPL and go chuck some games.