Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

On Hucks and the Boss

For many years this site has sometimes been my link with events "back home", a vital lifeline when other means are not available. It saw me through the elation of the Championship winning season from afar (gutted to miss it live) right up to the lows of the start of this season. I have always read the forums and agreed, disagreed, laughed and frowned and the many posts, some very insightful and some downright ludicrous, but never before have I felt the need to voice my opinion, until now. This, on two subjects which seem to have taken pride of place recently.

Firstly, Darren Huckerby.  I simply cannot believe some of the comments directed at our Darren from some "fans" on this forum. At the very least this man deserves our utmost loyalty and respect in exactly the same measure as he has shown to the club and the fans! If anyone doubts, or is unaware of, the massive contrbution Darren has made to Norwich City football club then I suggest that they are not real supporters, or have just not been paying very close attention. He has, for a very long time, been the heart of this team. Some have suggested that he is arrogant for suggesting that he has carried the team.  Well guess what? At times he bloody well has! And just think exactly where we might be right now had we not had him. I am not the manager and I do not pick the team, but I see I''m not alone in wishing that I''d seen the number 6 shirt warming up during the second half on Saturday.

So perhaps Glenn Roeder hasn''t picked him recently. I would hazard a guess that this may well be something to do with his one winger policy and the fact that Crofty has been playing rather well and the fact that Hucks has been, and is probably still, carrying an injury.  For anyone to suggest that he is not the player he used to be, over the hill, or (unbelievably) too slow, beggars belief.  Every player has a drop in form now and then especially once injured and perhaps Darren is suffering a little at the moment but I firmly believe, and I suspect Mr Roeder knows, that he will do as he has done before and put in such performances that will ram his critics words very firmly back down their throats.  I wonder how many of those critics who want him out now will be singing his praises again?

Which brings us to the good Mr Roeder himself.  Wake up and smell the roses people!!! And right now it is smelling of roses at Carrow Road.  Why all the doom and gloom?  I don''t know about you but I''m getting very sick and tired of the miserable brigade, especially the "oh, if we do well someone will notice and come along and nick our manager"!!! Oh FFS !! Tell you what, shall we start losing a few just to throw them off the scent?  I, for one, would like to think that a man of Glenn''s calibre will want to stick around and finish what he''s started and not be tempted by the lure of big bucks.  I''ve also read for the last few weeks about his lack of nous in the transfer market and how some "armchair managers" could have done much better.  Well he seems to be doing ok from where I''m sitting (much more comfortably than I was a couple of months ago) don''t you think?

He seems to be a man with a plan, a definite way of doing things and a view of the future and, personally, I will be getting right behind him and giving him, and the club, all the support I can muster (even if he doesn''t pick Darren[;)])

OTBC

[quote user="Duffman"]Another thread on Darren Huckerby and Glenn Roeder.......it feels like groundhog day on here lately.
[/quote]

But Duffman, it was.......only 3 days ago!!!

Oooops, I do apologize. I didn''t realise it was only a select few allowed to have voice their opinions on here. Silly me.[*-)]

No just stop making a load of new threads for the same topic. It gets crowded and less interesting as not a lot of active topics.

There I go getting it wrong again. Someone will have to explain the "rules" for me. Just trying to have a say like everyone else.

[quote user="Scooby"]

For many years this site has sometimes been my link with events "back home", a vital lifeline when other means are not available. It saw me through the elation of the Championship winning season from afar (gutted to miss it live) right up to the lows of the start of this season. I have always read the forums and agreed, disagreed, laughed and frowned and the many posts, some very insightful and some downright ludicrous, but never before have I felt the need to voice my opinion, until now. This, on two subjects which seem to have taken pride of place recently.

Firstly, Darren Huckerby.  I simply cannot believe some of the comments directed at our Darren from some "fans" on this forum. At the very least this man deserves our utmost loyalty and respect in exactly the same measure as he has shown to the club and the fans! If anyone doubts, or is unaware of, the massive contrbution Darren has made to Norwich City football club then I suggest that they are not real supporters, or have just not been paying very close attention. He has, for a very long time, been the heart of this team. Some have suggested that he is arrogant for suggesting that he has carried the team.  Well guess what? At times he bloody well has! And just think exactly where we might be right now had we not had him. I am not the manager and I do not pick the team, but I see I''m not alone in wishing that I''d seen the number 6 shirt warming up during the second half on Saturday.

So perhaps Glenn Roeder hasn''t picked him recently. I would hazard a guess that this may well be something to do with his one winger policy and the fact that Crofty has been playing rather well and the fact that Hucks has been, and is probably still, carrying an injury.  For anyone to suggest that he is not the player he used to be, over the hill, or (unbelievably) too slow, beggars belief.  Every player has a drop in form now and then especially once injured and perhaps Darren is suffering a little at the moment but I firmly believe, and I suspect Mr Roeder knows, that he will do as he has done before and put in such performances that will ram his critics words very firmly back down their throats.  I wonder how many of those critics who want him out now will be singing his praises again?

Which brings us to the good Mr Roeder himself.  Wake up and smell the roses people!!! And right now it is smelling of roses at Carrow Road.  Why all the doom and gloom?  I don''t know about you but I''m getting very sick and tired of the miserable brigade, especially the "oh, if we do well someone will notice and come along and nick our manager"!!! Oh FFS !! Tell you what, shall we start losing a few just to throw them off the scent?  I, for one, would like to think that a man of Glenn''s calibre will want to stick around and finish what he''s started and not be tempted by the lure of big bucks.  I''ve also read for the last few weeks about his lack of nous in the transfer market and how some "armchair managers" could have done much better.  Well he seems to be doing ok from where I''m sitting (much more comfortably than I was a couple of months ago) don''t you think?

He seems to be a man with a plan, a definite way of doing things and a view of the future and, personally, I will be getting right behind him and giving him, and the club, all the support I can muster (even if he doesn''t pick Darren[;)])

OTBC

[/quote]don''t worry scooby - you''re not in the doo!!!  have another go!!!

Scooby, I''m gonna be both honest and polite and agree with everything you put in your opening post in this thread, especially about Glenn Roeder, but you could have added it to the thread that a1canary started on this page. Maybe whoever is ''modding'' tonight would be kind enough to merge the threads?

[quote user="mark boughen"]Oh my god Ive just remembered why I also never post on this site..............................[/quote]

And maybe with comments like that, it''s better if it stays that way.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Scooby, I''m gonna be both honest and polite and agree with everything you put in your opening post in this thread, especially about Glenn Roeder, but you could have added it to the thread that a1canary started on this page. Maybe whoever is ''modding'' tonight would be kind enough to merge the threads?[/quote]

If the Mods merged all the Hucks threads they would need overtime [:)]

good man scoopy.

i enjoyed your post enormously. cogent and formed with proper grammar, which is a rarity.

Don''t worry too much about the rather predictable response your post got.

there are plenty of right-thinking people who regularly read and enjoy certain posts, but do not enter into the vitriol exchanged by the incumbents of this forum, sizzling and spitting in their ivory towers.

when Glenn was appointed, plenty of us Norwich fans were quietly grinning away. Of course, when I went on the forum to see the general reaction, there were dummies being spat out and toys being launched. Sometimes it is best to just avoid this forum, creating, as it does, a playground for some shouty people with small minds.

i agree with your post, as do a couple of my housemates who have read it. Bravo for starting your own thread, rather than having your worthwhile views merged into the mire of some of drivel that crops up on here.

OTBC

[quote user="mozzaman"]

good man scoopy.

i enjoyed your post enormously. cogent and formed with proper grammar, which is a rarity.

Don''t worry too much about the rather predictable response your post got.

there are plenty of right-thinking people who regularly read and enjoy certain posts, but do not enter into the vitriol exchanged by the incumbents of this forum, sizzling and spitting in their ivory towers.

when Glenn was appointed, plenty of us Norwich fans were quietly grinning away. Of course, when I went on the forum to see the general reaction, there were dummies being spat out and toys being launched. Sometimes it is best to just avoid this forum, creating, as it does, a playground for some shouty people with small minds.

i agree with your post, as do a couple of my housemates who have read it. Bravo for starting your own thread, rather than having your worthwhile views merged into the mire of some of drivel that crops up on here.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well put . As someone who ,sadly, has the attention span of the average gnat I really can''t be a**ed to wade through 60-70 posts on one thread .Past experience has taught me that when a thread starts garnering 2 or 3 pages of replies then inevitably ,as you put so succinctly, ''personal rivalries'' take over & swamp whatever intelligent points are made.Nothing with wrong someone wishing to start their own thread even if the subject has already been discussed - it''s not a hanging offence FCS

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="mark boughen"]Oh my god Ive just remembered why I also never post on this site..............................[/quote]

And maybe with comments like that, it''s better if it stays that way.

[/quote]

graham humphrey come back when you have something useful to say. like me