Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

How about we all saying bloody well done Glenn!

Lets stop our bickering and any arguing about things just for one day and give a big thumbs up to what Glenn and his staff have done in such a short time.

I will be the first to admit that on his appointment I was more that a little sceptical as to his credentials.

He has however show himself to be a well spoken, dignified man with excellent man management skills and I am 100% convinced he has been the major factor in our turn around. Not only was I sceptical of his abilities when he arrived I was also convinced we would be relegated this season. Although that is no where near being mathematically impossible I go as far as to say I think he done it he''s saved us.

So how about it Wiz and everybody let give the gaffer a big pink un post well done.

We can get back to or bickering after that if you want!

Well done Glenn Roeder[Y]

Hardhouse I was equally sceptical and far from excited when Glenn was announced, but like you I am delighted to have been proved wrong and to have to eat a hearty slice of humble pie.  Your description of the man and his impact seems spot on.

A big well done from me!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Lets stop our bickering and any arguing about things just for one day and give a big thumbs up to what Glenn and his staff have done in such a short time.

I will be the first to admit that on his appointment I was more that a little sceptical as to his credentials.

He has however show himself to be a well spoken, dignified man with excellent man management skills and I am 100% convinced he has been the major factor in our turn around. Not only was I sceptical of his abilities when he arrived I was also convinced we would be relegated this season. Although that is no where near being mathematically impossible I go as far as to say I think he done it he''s saved us.

So how about it Wiz and everybody let give the gaffer a big pink un post well done.

[/quote]

Seconded. Well done Glenn!!  

I thought the topic was about GR but maybe I missed something...

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

Hardhouse I was equally sceptical and far from excited when Glenn was announced, but like you I am delighted to have been proved wrong and to have to eat a hearty slice of humble pie.  Your description of the man and his impact seems spot on.

A big well done from me!

[/quote]

Agreed - pass the pie...

[quote user="macdougall''s perm"]

Seconded. Well done Glenn!!  

Thirded. Well done Mr Roeder, you are doing an absolutely superb job - keep it up [Y] [:D]

Good thread Hardhouse

I''m ashamed to have been so disrespectful to Glen, and in such a childish manner before his appointment.................I was so very, very wrong to do so, and I can only apologise to him, and this message board, for my silly behaviour back then.

No, I didn''t want him here then, but thats still no excuse for my harsh words.

GR has done so bloody superb for us since his appointment, and I''m so proud that he is our manager, and I''m glad I was totally wrong about him..

Onwards and upwards hopefully.[Y]

I think his appointment is the beginning of a root and branch reform on the playing side. It was clear fairly early on that he decided weren''t up to it or couldn''t be brought up to it.The transformation in one or two players (Doc and Croft) is a sign that the coaching side is working. (whether that means the Jarvis''s and other fringe players stay will have to be seen). It does mean however that nothing is sacred. I was more than surprised that Lewis left and yet Martin stayed - no going out on loan as I expected.Something has been not functioning for sometime at the club. Certain players have, and until recently, been disruptive. Maybe it was time for a manager who had worked with bigger names and bigger agents to lay down the law ie you are pulling a fair old wage, now prove why you deserve it.Yep, hats off to Glenn and his staff. Just a shame that a certain few on here couldn''t actually get behind the club, the players and the staff and see if we can''t have one bloody good old go at the play offs rather than endlessly fabricating lies and smear..

Dear Ralphy Boy

Life will be very boring if we all conform. An alternative view is essential in a balanced society and am very interested in what fabrication and smears you refer to. I would assume anything near the mark would be censored by the moderators and I find your last comment makes you sound like a bit of a Drama Queen. Would also appreciate what your opinion is of not getting behind the club.As for Roeder workng out certain players were not up for it was''nt really the best kept secret in Norfolk-the only person failing to spot that was Grant.Your reference to Bloody good old go indicates a man of learning,last heard that at Public School prior to a good stuffing in the inter house Rugby 

[quote user="ricky knight"]  I think most of us on here are behind glen, i cetainly am, i just cant take this board no more.[/quote]

Yeah the board are a complete joke, first they take us back to the premiership, then they make the facilities at Carrow Road so good that it''s nearly a sell out each match, and then they have the audacity to get in a top man like Roeder.

If only they would push us into debt for the sake of 1 or 2 new players!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!! Damn you board *shakes fist* [*-)]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]  I think most of us on here are behind glen, i cetainly am, i just cant take this board no more.[/quote]

Yeah the board are a complete joke, first they take us back to the premiership, then they make the facilities at Carrow Road so good that it''s nearly a sell out each match, and then they have the audacity to get in a top man like Roeder.

If only they would push us into debt for the sake of 1 or 2 new players!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!! Damn you board *shakes fist* [*-)]

[/quote]

wake up call WE ARE IN DEBT, despite, premier, sell outs, and transfer profit oh yea and a pretty ground. head in hands

Yeah well done mate. Here''s a post requesting the snipes get put on hold for a day and you haven''t got the dignity or brains to let it be.Class. Real class.Well done Roeder, great job being done with the kids from what I''ve seen too. Massive improvement throughout the attitude of the playing staff

" An alternative view is essential in a balanced society "Doesn''t equate to veracity.Norwich ''nick'' is full of miscreants who had an alternative view.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]

[/quote]

Yeah at least you got one line right, highlighted in red in case you have difficulty working out which one.

Bloody well done Glen Roeder, achieving miracles with buttons.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="ricky knight"]  I think most of us on here are behind glen, i cetainly am, i just cant take this board no more.[/quote]

Yeah well done mate. Here''s a post requesting the snipes get put on hold for a day and you haven''t got the dignity or brains to let it be.

Class. Real class.

Well done Roeder, great job being done with the kids from what I''ve seen too. Massive improvement throughout the attitude of the playing staff
[/quote]

thanks, glad to be of service.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

This is my second attempt, the first one was approved by the mods, but it still ain''t here:

Great post Hardhouse.

It gives  me the opportunity to apologise to Glenb for some nasty remarks I made about him before he became our manager........sorry, I was totally wrong and please accept my sincere apologies.

And of course, well done Glen, you''ve been brilliant..............thank you.[Y]

Glenb? who''s that?[:D]

I repeat, I was so wrong about Glen Roeder, utterly wrong in fact. And yes, even today, I''m still very ashamed of the name calling I did way back in October.

It was uncalled for and childish.

As Hardhouse quite rightly said, we can do the bickering another day, this thread is a ''well done Glen'' thread, lets all keep it that way.

Great thread!He''s done a fantastic job here so far, and whatever your point of view on the board etc thats one thing we can all agree on...it''s fantastic to have something positive like at the moment this after a few dire seasons.  And long may it continue

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

This is my second attempt, the first one was approved by the mods, but it still ain''t here:

Great post Hardhouse.

It gives  me the opportunity to apologise to Glenb for some nasty remarks I made about him before he became our manager........sorry, I was totally wrong and please accept my sincere apologies.

And of course, well done Glen, you''ve been brilliant..............thank you.[Y]

[/quote]

How will you remember 30.10.2007 now Wiz? Is is still "The day City Offically Died!."?? Or is it now the day where the recovery started???

Over to you Mr Swingometer Sir [;)]

An incredible start after our early season form.  However, we''re not fully out of trouble yet, and we''re not totally out of the play-offs hunt either.  It''s all to play for, which is a lot more than most of expected by now !