Sign in to follow this  
Canarypops

The Board makes money again JOKE

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" The facts which are purely based on the speculation, gossip & hearsay coming out of Doncasters mouth and others at Carrow Road maybe???What facts do we have other than over the last few years profits have been made on player trading.... "

Given that the only knowledge we have of these so called ''profits'' is what is released by the club isn''t it surprising (or not) that Fudger chooses to refer to certain bits of " speculation, gossip & hearsay coming out of Doncasters mouth and others at Carrow Road " as facts.

Please tell us then Mr Fudger why you trust Doncaster and the club when they tell us the cost of transfers and sales ?
[/quote]

I don''t, you seem to however when it suits your side of the debate.

I believe what is reported in the press (by some journalists).  I don''t believe anything that is said by the current occupants at Carrow Road (with the exception of a certain Mr Huckerby).

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] Boys, boys, just get over yourselves please. So some kids (or adults, who''s to say) have got themselves a shirt with (shocker) a loan player on the back. What is so wrong with that? Cast your mind back a few years. A certain Darren Huckerby joined us on loan, I got the shirt (in September) and wore it, thinking yes it might only be for three months, but guess what happened? Who''s to say that we might not buy one of the loanees? Is this sad Smudger, that young kids want to wear a city shirt, no I don''t think so, what''s sad is they maybe growing up and destined to wear a Chelsea or Man U one. That''s sad.[/quote]

Agreed there is nothing sadder than those who have no connections with the club which they say they support.

However, while you may of brought Hucks shirt when Worthy got his three inspired loanees in... it could so easily of been Harper or Crouch (who we did only have for that short space of time).

For the kids who have little choice nowadays because we hardly have enough players to field a 5-a-side team they could of easily ended up with shirts with John Hartson''s name on FFS.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

What do you mean grow up and shut up? Its a perfectly good point, the club has smoke screened our profit making with loan signings again. I''m not saying these lads wont turn out to be good players but that''s down to GR not the board. I remember last summer and everyone was saying ''''lets wait till January'''' and spend the money then....well we''re hardly sitting comfortably are we? I have faith in GR but the board should ve spent to fully ensure out CC survival.

[/quote]

Tell us Arthur;

1, What Profit has been smoke-screened? Give us a figure.

2, Who would you have bought to "fully ensure" our Championship survival? Just to make my point here, that''s "guaranteed" survival.....

[/quote]

1- God give me strenght! We''ve sold Lewis and Brown, and along with the summer exodus we should be in the region of 4 million profit if,like Doncaster said, we can spend any money from sales.If you want to look at previous threads on here they will cut down the in''s and out''s in detail,i really haven''t the time but please go ahead and look.

2-Tiny would''ve been a good start....how come we are the only club that struggles to find players Hey? Its always the same excuses with the Delia lot. Maybe you could answer me that, bearing in mind we are the best supported  club in the league.

[/quote]

1.   You have taken 2 £400,000 transfers and come up with £4m, I came up with £800,000.  Take off the £325,000 Brown cost us and you have £475,000.  Take off the Pattison fee (Undisclosed - Est 250-400,000), the severance pay of those departed and the loan fees for the new lads and we are probably left with naff all.

2.   Tiny would have been good.  Disappointed we didn''t get him to be honest.  But Glen seems a good judge of player and 10 unbeaten shows he also knows what he is doing.  I am not a board fan by any stretch of the imagination.  I am however a realist, the board are going nowhere soon so I am just going to do my best to enjoy the hand I have been dealt.

Fingers crossed for the summer for me, heres hoping that I am pleasantly suprised....Also to not really giving too much of a toss if it doesn''t.  Life is far too short.

[/quote]

hint, hint... NB - Athur''s words "along with the summer exodus"

As for your comments at the bottom, it is nice to see that you carry football and NCFC in your blood... [+o(] [:@]

[/quote]

What summer exodus, you Mystic Smudger now or just Arthur Whittles parrot.  And what would you know about having NCFC in your blood, you only post on here to snipe and whinge.  Would hardly describe you as a fan either...

[/quote]

Can you remember a certain 2 million loan LOANED to us so we didnt have to sell the likes of Earnshaw for 3.5 million, Etuthu for 1.5 million, Safri for 500k and several players of loaded? You work the rest out matey.

[/quote]

Thanks Arthur.... [Y]

You really do have to question young Jimmy''s intellect don''t you?  Ah well maybe he was just asleep the whole of last summer?  [|-)]  Our transfer activity would certainly have bored most to tears... [:''(]

oh and Jimmy... I am pretty sure that most on here (including Arthur) will confirm that I am nobodys parrot.

Maybe that is the big difference between the likes of you and me Jimmy???

Is it not really quite simple? It is not wise to tout how much money you have to potential sellers because the prices go up.

In addition, I am confident Roeder has a plan and is following it with the exception that he would have liked to have brought another striker in.

Roeder has a budget, we don''t know what it is but he is managing it and improving his position by getting rid of dead wood and looking to move out high earners who no longer justify their cost in the form of Darren Huckerby (unless, of course, Hucks is in a position to stay on for less or else re-discovers his old form).

Let the facts speak for themselves.

And where might those journalists get their info from ?Likewise where, might I ask, are the words of Doncaster printed ?Unfortunately fudger, for you dicardo and one or two others I go by the motto that if you pull an animals tail and it barks it''s more than likely it''s a dog.binnus gawblimus I think is the latin name for your breed

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" The facts which are purely based on the speculation, gossip & hearsay coming out of Doncasters mouth and others at Carrow Road maybe???What facts do we have other than over the last few years profits have been made on player trading.... "

Given that the only knowledge we have of these so called ''profits'' is what is released by the club isn''t it surprising (or not) that Fudger chooses to refer to certain bits of " speculation, gossip & hearsay coming out of Doncasters mouth and others at Carrow Road " as facts.

Please tell us then Mr Fudger why you trust Doncaster and the club when they tell us the cost of transfers and sales ?
[/quote]

I believe what is reported in the press (by some journalists).  I don''t believe anything that is said by the current occupants at Carrow Road (with the exception of a certain Mr Huckerby).

[/quote]

Ever heard of such a thing as a Press Release or maybe a Press Conference? It''s where the Media are given information, believe it or not from Carrow Road actually. Are you saying that certain journalists misrepresent this information just for you?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s a shame you refuse to believe anything the board say Citizen Smith. Not really an impartial attitude leading towards an informed decision is it? Which can only result in a feeling that you are intent on one course of action, regardless of the information at hand.

You should at least absorb all information to hand and take it on equal merits if you wanted to be true to yourself and those you argue with. I don''t recall you mentioning our recent performances as an example. This is of course a very important part of our future. You know, where we are in the league system, always a good thing to talk about that, seing as it is relative.[I]

arfer widdle writes " so we didnt have to sell the likes of Earnshaw for 3.5 million, Etuthu

for 1.5 million, Safri for 500k and several players of loaded?2no, we didn''t have to sell them, they each exercised a clause in their contracts that allowed them to sign for other clubsperhaps if you actually visited carrow road you might find out a bit more  - maybe you could bring fudger (or one or two of the other aliases on here) with yougawd blimey arrfur, innit

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ever heard of such a thing as a Press Release or maybe a Press Conference? It''s where the Media are given information, believe it or not from Carrow Road actually. Are you saying that certain journalists misrepresent this information just for you?

[/quote]

No... what I am saying though is people like you who only believe information that comes through OFFICIAL sources are absolute fools.

Never heard of the saying ''that is no smoke without fire''???

Press Releases... hilarious.... [:$]

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s a shame you refuse to believe anything the board say Citizen Smith. Not really an impartial attitude leading towards an informed decision is it? Which can only result in a feeling that you are intent on one course of action, regardless of the information at hand.

You should at least absorb all information to hand and take it on equal merits if you wanted to be true to yourself and those you argue with. I don''t recall you mentioning our recent performances as an example. This is of course a very important part of our future. You know, where we are in the league system, always a good thing to talk about that, seing as it is relative.[I]

[/quote]

Our recent performances under Mr Roeder have been despite those in the boardroom at Carrow Road not because of them.

Lets see how he gets on next season after this windfall in the summer that they are both promising us shall we???

It`s common knowledge that clubs outside the premiership operate at a heavy loss every season, so even though we did make profit on player sales in the summer, the club is still getting further into debt. So if the board were to show "ambition" and spend £5m that we don''t have, then that could spell the end of Norwich City Football club, or could mean we''d have to sell nearly everyone in the team. Teams like Southampton have been lucky because they''ve had exceptional talent come through there ranks in the last couple of years such as Theo Walcott, Kenwyn Jones and Gareth Bale, they''ve been sold for a total of about £25m, and Norwich have still spent more money than them, and you don''t see any Southampton fans moaning about lack of ambition from there board, because unlike you muppets they actually understand the situation!Smudger and Arthur, don''t come on here and preach about how rubbish this club is all the time, if you don''t like it, bugger off and support Ipswich, you don''t have to "support" Norwich City, I travel far and wide supporting this great club, and it pi**es me off when armchair fans like you think you know best! The club is going through a magnificent stage at the moment, how about saying something positive like well done glenn for turning around our clubs fortunes, and well done board for funding all these loan players and Matty Pattison, has it not occured to you that perhaps Glenn wanted to try before he buys???

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]arfer widdle writes " so we didnt have to sell the likes of Earnshaw for 3.5 million, Etuthu for 1.5 million, Safri for 500k and several players of loaded?2

no, we didn''t have to sell them, they each exercised a clause in their contracts that allowed them to sign for other clubs

perhaps if you actually visited carrow road you might find out a bit more  - maybe you could bring fudger (or one or two of the other aliases on here) with you

gawd blimey arrfur, innit
[/quote]

So the board told us they didn''t have to sell even though a clause suggested we had no say in it anyway!? Spin,Ralphy Spin,those lot at CR are great at it. As for the 2 mil loan, any idea what they done with that? If i''m not mistaken it was LOANED [a well used word at CR theses days!] to us so we didn''t need to sell,but we did anyway!

Poor pup Ralphy,i''ve been a season ticket holder for longer than you''ve been alive no doubt. Grow up Ralph, if you think I''m a binner I''d be more than happy to meet you at the Leicester away game for a couple of sherbets, I''m on the 8.57 am train.

[quote user="ellis206"]It`s common knowledge that clubs outside the premiership operate at a heavy loss every season, so even though we did make profit on player sales in the summer, the club is still getting further into debt. So if the board were to show "ambition" and spend £5m that we don''t have, then that could spell the end of Norwich City Football club, or could mean we''d have to sell nearly everyone in the team. Teams like Southampton have been lucky because they''ve had exceptional talent come through there ranks in the last couple of years such as Theo Walcott, Kenwyn Jones and Gareth Bale, they''ve been sold for a total of about £25m, and Norwich have still spent more money than them, and you don''t see any Southampton fans moaning about lack of ambition from there board, because unlike you muppets they actually understand the situation!
Smudger and Arthur, don''t come on here and preach about how rubbish this club is all the time, if you don''t like it, bugger off and support Ipswich, you don''t have to "support" Norwich City, I travel far and wide supporting this great club, and it pi**es me off when armchair fans like you think you know best! The club is going through a magnificent stage at the moment, how about saying something positive like well done glenn for turning around our clubs fortunes, and well done board for funding all these loan players and Matty Pattison, has it not occured to you that perhaps Glenn wanted to try before he buys???
[/quote]

Well hows this than Ellis you MUPPET....I''ve followed the badge for 60 plus years and  you will never see me or hear me slagging or booing any member of our club who gives a 100%, I''ll bloody well say what i want about this board on here when i like, weather you like it or not, because if i disagree with something that means a lot to me i''m not going to roll over and have my bloody belly tickled unlike some. As for being an arm chair fan....it would make interesting reading to compare how far we''ve travelled supporting City, in fact i''m pretty sure you would twaddle off with your tail between your legs fella.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]And where might those journalists get their info from ?

Likewise where, might I ask, are the words of Doncaster printed ?

Unfortunately fudger, for you dicardo and one or two others I go by the motto that if you pull an animals tail and it barks it''s more than likely it''s a dog.

binnus gawblimus

I think is the latin name for your breed
[/quote]

Oh Wallfy you''re soooooo stwong, sooooooooooo assertive! Going awound pulling little pussies tails, I meeeean.........the bwoard must be soooooooo pwoud of you. oooooooooo, I sayyyy.

Pity you don''t know the diffewence betwixt a little ickle puddy cat and a gwate big doggie.

Explains your views though.

Maybe the Latin name for your breed is suckus upuss? [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/animal/tier42.gif[/img]

One love.

OTBC

" So the board told us they didn''t have to sell even though a clause suggested we had no say in it anyway!?"Oh dear, poor old arrrfur widdle seems to have lost it. There is a massive difference between having to sell, and accepting the terms of a contract. The former is an necessity under financial constraint the latter a contractual obligation.As much as you and the other closet binners keep trying to spin it the club is not in the parlous state that you lot keep trying to put out - or spin it as you would say.Whether you were a season ticket holder during the early part of the fifties is neither here nor there, what does matter is that you were posting on this forum ten minutes before the game on saturday while genuine fans were actually at the game. Genuine fans who are enjoying the great run we are having not spending their every waking hour conjuring up all manner of fabrications about how you are being defrauded by the wicked folk at Carrow Road. Isn''t it about time you grew up arrfur ?

ps funny how certain folk seem to pop up in their defence whenever anyone has a pop at the binners. I wonder why.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" So the board told us they didn''t have to sell even though a clause suggested we had no say in it anyway!?"

Oh dear, poor old arrrfur widdle seems to have lost it. There is a massive difference between having to sell, and accepting the terms of a contract. The former is an necessity under financial constraint the latter a contractual obligation.

As much as you and the other closet binners keep trying to spin it the club is not in the parlous state that you lot keep trying to put out - or spin it as you would say.

Whether you were a season ticket holder during the early part of the fifties is neither here nor there, what does matter is that you were posting on this forum ten minutes before the game on saturday while genuine fans were actually at the game. Genuine fans who are enjoying the great run we are having not spending their every waking hour conjuring up all manner of fabrications about how you are being defrauded by the wicked folk at Carrow Road. Isn''t it about time you grew up arrfur ?

ps funny how certain folk seem to pop up in their defence whenever anyone has a pop at the binners. I wonder why.
[/quote]

Ralph Wright = Roger Mellie.

Ok so you may never slag off or boo any member of our club giving 100%, but do you praise those who are giving a 100%? I''ve not once seen you praise anybody on this forum, and every single player we have at the moment is giving a 110% so where is the praise that they deserve huh? And whats with all this rubbish that the board aren''t showing ambition and spending money (which we don''t have), so do you go and spend all your money instead of paying your electric and mortgage etc? do you spend money that you don''t have? if you did spend money that you don''t have, then that would be Irresponsible right? Norwich were on the verge of the then division 2 before Delia and Co took over, since, we''ve been to Cardiff, and the premiership as champions, everyone`s expectations went to high because of that, now we have a superb manager who is getting backed by the board, try sitting back and enjoying the ride and praise the manager and the team for this great run of results, and praise the board for funding all these loan players, and stop being ignorant to the fact that GR wanted to sign loan players not permament signings. From what we''ve heard we put a 1m bid in for paterson and had a bid in place for Rasiak, so the board clearly is backing the manager. That alone makes all of your pathetic arguments obsolete.

[quote user="ellis206"]Ok so you may never slag off or boo any member of our club giving 100%, but do you praise those who are giving a 100%? I''ve not once seen you praise anybody on this forum, and every single player we have at the moment is giving a 110% so where is the praise that they deserve huh?
And whats with all this rubbish that the board aren''t showing ambition and spending money (which we don''t have), so do you go and spend all your money instead of paying your electric and mortgage etc? do you spend money that you don''t have? if you did spend money that you don''t have, then that would be Irresponsible right? Norwich were on the verge of the then division 2 before Delia and Co took over, since, we''ve been to Cardiff, and the premiership as champions, everyone`s expectations went to high because of that, now we have a superb manager who is getting backed by the board, try sitting back and enjoying the ride and praise the manager and the team for this great run of results, and praise the board for funding all these loan players, and stop being ignorant to the fact that GR wanted to sign loan players not permament signings. From what we''ve heard we put a 1m bid in for paterson and had a bid in place for Rasiak, so the board clearly is backing the manager. That alone makes all of your pathetic arguments obsolete.
[/quote]

We''ve also been on the verge of the old Division 3 under Delia and continue to float around the old division 2,the debt is the same,we have no top players coming through and none on the field to sell and whilst the likes of Stoke and burnley continue to pay for permanent signings with no off field revenue and gates of around 10-12000,we only manage to Field a team half of whom we borrow. We do indeed have a good manager and i have nothing but praise for him,his coaching staff and the players....well done indeed......but i fail to see how the board have backed him, what happens in the summer? 7 loans going back if they are any good and if there respective clubs dont want them a fee will have to be arranged for a player that may not be that good coupled with the fact we will lose two of our most influential players in Huxs and Dubs it really is going to be a tough ride for Roeder.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]arfer widdle writes " so we didnt have to sell the likes of Earnshaw for 3.5 million, Etuthu for 1.5 million, Safri for 500k and several players of loaded?2

no, we didn''t have to sell them, they each exercised a clause in their contracts that allowed them to sign for other clubs

perhaps if you actually visited carrow road you might find out a bit more  - maybe you could bring fudger (or one or two of the other aliases on here) with you

gawd blimey arrfur, innit
[/quote]

Like i said you can always meet me for a beer or two at Leicester if you want? Or are the Scum playing at home that day? Again Ralphy you''ve been sucked in by the spin. We were told [or City fans were told,im not sure what Sheepshanks was saying about your lot at the time] we did not have to sell them, when they were fully aware that a clause suggested we may not have a say in it. The 2 million loan was given so if no other club came in we could keep the players for anougher season. Now we sold those players and also kept the 2 million loan, so what did we do with all that wonga hey Ralphy my bluenose pup?

[quote].I''ve followed the badge for 60 plus years[/quote]Is "the badge" at home on a match-day Arthur ?  Or is "the badge" on the pitch getting us an 11 match unbeaten run ?  Or have our lot stopped wearing the badge ?I''m confused...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

We were told we did not have to sell them, when they were fully aware that a clause suggested we may not have a say in it.

[/quote]

Arthur, I''m really bemused as to your point. You want Norwich City to come out and announce everyone who has a minimum fee release clause in their contract? Who on earth would do that? The board said they would not be forced to sell anyone in order the balance the books.

Part of business is keeping your cards close to your chest - I wouldn''t be surprised if most players in this country had a form of minimum release fee, but nobody''s running about saying it because it''d just be daft.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Now we sold those players and also kept the 2 million loan, so what did we do with all that wonga...

[/quote]

Well in the last 12 months we bought Strihavka, Marshall, Otsemobor, Cureton, Brellier, Brown, Smith, Russel, Fozzy, Lappin and possibly some other dross, even ''free'' transfers aren''t free as you have to pay relocation, wages and so on. Let''s not forget that Grant thought Strihavka was going to be a brilliant purchase, and the nature of the deal meant we had to pay a lot more if we wanted to retain his services.

You can''t pretend that Norwich didn''t spend money - the fact that they spent a large amount of this money on rubbish players is another matter entirely, but money was being spent on players.

The second problem is that you can only buy a player if he wants to come and play. Grant wasn''t respected and wasn''t able to draw good men in to play for him, most of those who came to Norwich either had ties to the club, or wanted to try to push themselves in the English game. You can see that with his inability to get loans in during the season. With the manager we had buyuing players in was made a lot more difficult than it should have been. 

Now you seem quite upset that Roeder hasn''t bought in players, and that this is somehow the fault of the board. I disagree. I don''t think Roeder wanted to pay over the odds for players like Taylor when there is a lot more flexibility for buying in the Summer. There are two reasons to spend big in January - to either secure promotion or to fight off relegation. But look at how far we''ve come - Norwich City are not going to be relegated, however the kind of form we would need to seriously challenge for a play off space is highly unlikely, so why pay over the odds for players now when the result won''t benefit the club this season?

Or are you seriously saying we should pay over a million for a player now rather than wait until the summer and pay half as much?

" Like i said you can always meet me for a beer or two at Leicester if you want?2

How odd. Whilst most of us were at Carrow Road last Saturday Wibble was posting on this board at 2.50pm.

Even odder is that he can''t get to Carrow Road but he can get to the station before 9 in the morning to travel to Leicester.

I''ll most likely be a Cardiff on Saturday. Does it make me a better fan or does it mean I know more about the club ? No, I''m able to travel 

So why Wibble, do you not go to our home games and why do you think that challenging me to meet you at Leicester makes any difference to any of your anti club rants ?

If you think we will get Taylor for £500,000 in the summer you are seriously deluded , or maybe we will snap up Paterson for £600,000 ? . All this players will be cheaper in the summer and we are saving our money is total rubbish , come the summer Doncaster will be telling you all how the transfer kitty was used up on the loan signings ,next season will again see a very small squad and lots of players borrowed from other clubs , why ? because Norwich City have never been a club to go out and spend money and never will be .

" because Norwich City have never been a club to go out and spend money and never will be ."thank god for that, must have saved a fortune by getting Ashton and Earnshaw on a freealso thankfully we have someone like you to correct the nonsense put out by Crewe, West Ham, WBA and Derby"....come the summer Doncaster will be telling you all.."err, why not us ?

if it sounds like a binner, writes like a binner and hates the club like a binnerguess what ?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Like i said you can always meet me for a beer or two at Leicester if you want?2

How odd. Whilst most of us were at Carrow Road last Saturday Wibble was posting on this board at 2.50pm.

Even odder is that he can''t get to Carrow Road but he can get to the station before 9 in the morning to travel to Leicester.

I''ll most likely be a Cardiff on Saturday. Does it make me a better fan or does it mean I know more about the club ? No, I''m able to travel 

So why Wibble, do you not go to our home games and why do you think that challenging me to meet you at Leicester makes any difference to any of your anti club rants ?
[/quote]

Simple Ralphy boy, i boycott home games. I re-newed my season ticket and when i realised the board were making money out of the transfer market yet again with the ''prudence'' rubbish and not reinvesting it on players that would benefit the playing side of things i decided to rent my ticket to a friend who now pays the extra on match days for my OAP ticket. I still go to plenty of away games pups. If you had bothered to look up on previous threads i think it would of explained things

if you think my Rants against the board are anti club, you really do live on a different planet. I do not accuse anyone [apart from you for the obvious reasons] of being a binner just because they do not tow the line with my opinions of the board. Your problem Ralphy is typical of those who cant see the woods through the trees. I love my club and will continue to do so but i am not going to support a Board that does not IMO support the football side of things and continue to run it like a gentlemen''s club. If you cant see the difference of opinion i suggest you re-name yourself Josef Stalin and bugger off to Russia or Cuba!

[quote user="The Drop"]If you think we will get Taylor for £500,000 in the summer you are seriously deluded , or maybe we will snap up Paterson for £600,000 ? . All this players will be cheaper in the summer and we are saving our money is total rubbish , come the summer Doncaster will be telling you all how the transfer kitty was used up on the loan signings ,next season will again see a very small squad and lots of players borrowed from other clubs , why ? because Norwich City have never been a club to go out and spend money and never will be .[/quote]

Is your name a general statement on your optimism for the club? [:)]

The half a million figure wasn''t directed at Taylor, but about the differences you find in prices. January is a crucial time for a lot of clubs who are either trying to spend their way to success or buy their way out of trouble which leads to higher prices. Fact is that Norwich doesn''t look like having either of those problems. The loan players will see us through to the season but it would take something of a heroic performance to push towards the play offs.

So the question is simple - when the valuation of players you want is higher than you believe they are worth, why buy them if you don''t need to?

We offered (I believe) around £750,000 for Taylor and £850,000 for Paterson - so the claim that the money wasn''t there or Norwich weren''t prepared to spend simply doesn''t hold water as had either of these offers been accepted then a load of people would come out and praise the board (except Arthur, I think Arthur would probably come out and wonder why we''ve bought them because that''s his ''thing I guess).

The problem was that neither bid was accepted, but how high would you go in order to get either of these players? £1 million? £1.2 million? At this time in this market Glenn didn''t believe that the players were worth pursuing for higher prices so left it. I think he''s shown enough so far that he doesn''t bother with people who waste his time (look at our exodus), he just moves on.

Come the Summer things could change drastically - if Birmingham buy a defender and Taylor moves down the order further, or if Scunthorpe lose their battle against relegation then the valuation of both of these players will shift and will shift downwards - in all likelyhood much closer to the value that we offered for them now.

You never know - maybe a couple of these loan signings will come here, rather than return to reserve team football at their old clubs.

" Simple Ralphy boy, i boycott home games."Off course you do Widdle. Very convenient, no accountability there.Odd how you refer to me as Ralphy as do two other posters on this forum, both of whom also take a very anti club line.You wouldn''t be posting under other names would you Widdle ?

Now now boys, play fair.  I can just picture the scene, as the mist clears from a deserted platform on a cold frosty Leicester morning.  Will it be pistols?...... Will it be swords? or will Arfur just start swinging his rattle. (If you''re that old Arf you must still have one of those wooden contraptions painted bright yellow and green?)

So what if we didn''t manage to spend any money.  No point paying for second class is there, we all saw where that got Granty.  As I recall Glenn made a few offers and got knocked back, and didn''t he say publicly that he offered the asking price for Tiny and Brum said no? Now before anyone challenges me to a duel, I realise that we are all entitled to our own opinions, but mine is that Glenn is biding his time and playing the long game (not long ball thank god). Why spend for spendings sake just to make players permanent, at over inflated prices.  I''m sure if he''d found a player he wanted at a price he deemed fair then he would have gone and got him, WITH the boards backing.  That, however, was not the case, so he''s brought in some quality loan players to shore up a rather thin squad and create competition for places.  Is it just me or does that seem to be working rather well? 

Ok, so they''re not for sale at the end of the season (well, not unless they all fall for some lovely Narfolk lasses and demand to stay) but at least by then we''ll hopefully have continued the good form and be more than safe.  And, what if we do continue the good form, what if we do make the play off''s and what if, heaven forbid, we actually get promoted???

Won''t the dear old premier league give us some dosh?  Bet the pessimists won''t like that one little bit [:P]

[quote user="Tickers"]

[quote user="The Drop"]If you think we will get Taylor for £500,000 in the summer you are seriously deluded , or maybe we will snap up Paterson for £600,000 ? . All this players will be cheaper in the summer and we are saving our money is total rubbish , come the summer Doncaster will be telling you all how the transfer kitty was used up on the loan signings ,next season will again see a very small squad and lots of players borrowed from other clubs , why ? because Norwich City have never been a club to go out and spend money and never will be .[/quote]

Is your name a general statement on your optimism for the club? [:)]

The half a million figure wasn''t directed at Taylor, but about the differences you find in prices. January is a crucial time for a lot of clubs who are either trying to spend their way to success or buy their way out of trouble which leads to higher prices. Fact is that Norwich doesn''t look like having either of those problems. The loan players will see us through to the season but it would take something of a heroic performance to push towards the play offs.

So the question is simple - when the valuation of players you want is higher than you believe they are worth, why buy them if you don''t need to?

We offered (I believe) around £750,000 for Taylor and £850,000 for Paterson - so the claim that the money wasn''t there or Norwich weren''t prepared to spend simply doesn''t hold water as had either of these offers been accepted then a load of people would come out and praise the board (except Arthur, I think Arthur would probably come out and wonder why we''ve bought them because that''s his ''thing I guess).

The problem was that neither bid was accepted, but how high would you go in order to get either of these players? £1 million? £1.2 million? At this time in this market Glenn didn''t believe that the players were worth pursuing for higher prices so left it. I think he''s shown enough so far that he doesn''t bother with people who waste his time (look at our exodus), he just moves on.

Come the Summer things could change drastically - if Birmingham buy a defender and Taylor moves down the order further, or if Scunthorpe lose their battle against relegation then the valuation of both of these players will shift and will shift downwards - in all likelyhood much closer to the value that we offered for them now.

You never know - maybe a couple of these loan signings will come here, rather than return to reserve team football at their old clubs.

[/quote]

''''We offered i believe'''' you quote for these players, and yet when i quote figures for players like Big Dave I''m told I''m making it up!! Ohhh you really couldn''t make it up!!! Unbelievable. The rest of your post is ifs and buts mate. IF some of the players decide to stay you must ask why there respective clubs want to sell them and for how much? Remember,its 7 loans and 2 big players on top we''re losing in the summer. Do you honestly think the board are going to fund it??

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Simple Ralphy boy, i boycott home games."

Off course you do Widdle. Very convenient, no accountability there.

Odd how you refer to me as Ralphy as do two other posters on this forum, both of whom also take a very anti club line.

You wouldn''t be posting under other names would you Widdle ?
[/quote]

Oh cork it you simpleton!