Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

huckerby the striker?

if anything happens to dublin or evans this may be our best option? what do people think? personally i remain unconvinced about chris martin.

does anybody know if we have any other good strikers coming through the youth set up who may be ready for a chance?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

if anything happens to dublin or evans this may be our best option? what do people think? personally i remain unconvinced about chris martin.

does anybody know if we have any other good strikers coming through the youth set up who may be ready for a chance?

[/quote]

Regarding the younsters, we can speculate all we like about their merits but only Glenn and his staff will know if they are ready for the step up or not. I hope Chris Martin realises this is a golden opportunity to get his career back on track, if he cant make the most of it more fool him. Hucks can only be an impact striker coming off the bench to produce a moment of magic (hopefully) but you know he wont be a conventional striker cos he cant help drifting to he wing. I trust Glenn to know what he''s doing and if he feels we dont need another loan striker so be it. Maybe Gibbs or Henry could be the answer. Thiery Henry was a winger until Wenger converted him. James Henry is 6''1". very tall for a winger, if could convert to striker like his namesake........    

sorry i don''t have much time to read through this forum these days i didn''t realise i was repeating others. but in fairness the post is asking peoples opinions on chris martin & the academy too,