Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

THREAD COUNTING ..

why are some people on here obsessed with how many threads there are on one subject ? seems to me you can have a good point but if theres already another thread on the subject you get shouted down by some saddo who must spend his life on here counting similar threads and getting hot under the collar about it calling for moderators to merge the threads cos they find it so distressing ffs....i`d rather read a fresh view on a subject than trawl through say 122 posts on another thread most of which a tittle tattle and private in jokes among regular posters who think the board is excuslively for them....oh and by the way if there is another thread on this subject hidden somewhere on the board i apologise for any distress caused   OTBC

[quote user="ched seven"]why are some people on here obsessed with how many threads there are on one subject ? seems to me you can have a good point but if theres already another thread on the subject you get shouted down by some saddo who must spend his life on here counting similar threads and getting hot under the collar about it calling for moderators to merge the threads cos they find it so distressing ffs....i`d rather read a fresh view on a subject than trawl through say 122 posts on another thread most of which a tittle tattle and private in jokes among regular posters who think the board is excuslively for them....oh and by the way if there is another thread on this subject hidden somewhere on the board i apologise for any distress caused   OTBC[/quote]

Well I must be that saddo.....Can''t say that I have ever shouted anyone down though. If there are too many threads on the same subject, it gets confusing. There are two main reasons for this;

1, The guys (you know who you are!) who live on here 24x7 and must make a point about every minor matter just to "up" thier post count.

2, Moderation - If someone wants to start a Topic about a piece of breaking news and they see it has not been posted then they will start that topic. Only thing is whilst it is waiting for Moderation several others could think the same and start thier Topics as well. Instead of putting them into one topic or just letting the first one through the Mods will let them all be started, ending up with several Topics on the same subject.

When I moan about threads of the same subject it is usually aimed at the Mods not the FMs.

Well you get my vote Ched !! I received a severely slapped wrist from several "regulars" on here for daring to start a new thread.  You should read Shack Attacks link re football forums and "netiquette", made me giggle.

[quote user="bunny"]

. Moderation -  Only thing is whilst it is waiting for Moderation several others could think the same and start thier Topics as well. Instead of putting them into one topic or just letting the first one through the Mods will let them all be started, ending up with several Topics on the same subject. [/quote]

Thats the main problem as I see it too - over to the Mods for comments as to how this could be fixed??

[quote user="ched seven"]why are some people on here obsessed with how many threads there are on one subject ? seems to me you can have a good point but if theres already another thread on the subject you get shouted down by some saddo who must spend his life on here counting similar threads and getting hot under the collar about it calling for moderators to merge the threads cos they find it so distressing ffs....i`d rather read a fresh view on a subject than trawl through say 122 posts on another thread most of which a tittle tattle and private in jokes among regular posters who think the board is excuslively for them....oh and by the way if there is another thread on this subject hidden somewhere on the board i apologise for any distress caused   OTBC[/quote]

Lol!!!!! [:D]

[quote user="Scooby"]Well you get my vote Ched !! I received a severely slapped wrist from several "regulars" on here for daring to start a new thread.  You should read Shack Attacks link re football forums and "netiquette", made me giggle.[/quote]

Too right! Don''t mean to rock the boat or anything but I find many of the "regulars" on here to be a bit negative. They know who they are..........

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]No simple solution on the current set-up. Proposals are in hand about non moderation, though. Just waiting for technical details.[/quote]

Lets hope it happens soon then cause its frustrating to see no activity again after 6.40pm tonight, especially as theres a game on tomorrow to chat about.