Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Referee - Mr Singh

Now the EDp, Chris Lakey said

"Terribly Fussy, terribly off, the pace - terrible" 4/10

yet,

David Cuffley in the Evening News said:

"Not a single controversial moment...like all the best referees you didn''t notice he was there" 8/10

Perhaps Mr Cuffye is hoping we dont notice he wasnt there, because he was watching a different game to me, and everyone around me. He was utterly useless, and how David Cuffley can say that is ridiculous. I certainly noticed Mr Singh.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

yet,

"Not a single controversial moment...like all the best referees you didn''t notice he was there" 8/10

[/quote]

In that case, David Cuffley should be given a three match ban so somebody who actually watches the games can write up the report.  Singh was incredibly fussy, delayed the game several times over really minor matters, let a couple of clear bookings go - I have nothing good to say about him at all... other than when he ran backwards to the halfway line while the keepers were lining up their goal kicks, he did a strange and rather endearing soft-shoe shuffle complete with hand movements.

He was also just oblivious to what was going on around him,  he seemed completey unaware and getting substitutions made was painful. Yes, Mr Cuffley, hang your head in shame!

I thought the ref was OK. One of the linesmen was absolutely terrible though - he needed the offside law explaining to him.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i would''nt say as bad as 4 or as good as 8, 6 or 7, not too bad
[/quote]

So by my reckoning and a few calculations u think it was a 5/10 maybe?? nice way to get around the point i suppose lol

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="HUDDY "]

yet,

[/quote]

In that case, David Cuffley should be given a three match ban so somebody who actually watches the games can write up the report.  Singh was incredibly fussy, delayed the game several times over really minor matters, let a couple of clear bookings go - I have nothing good to say about him at all... other than when he ran backwards to the halfway line while the keepers were lining up their goal kicks, he did a strange and rather endearing soft-shoe shuffle complete with hand movements.

[/quote]Know what you mean.  He moved like a dancer from a Erasure video.

There have been worse refs at Carrow Rd this season. I thought he let the game flow and make some decent decsions. To be fair though, it wasnt the most difficult game to ref.

Was this the guy who sent two off when we played Charlton earlier in the season?

[quote user="HUDDY "]He was also just oblivious to what was going on around him,  he seemed completey unaware and getting substitutions made was painful. Yes, Mr Cuffley, hang your head in shame![/quote]He was not as bad as the linesman on the jarrold stand side, he was a joke and maybe blind [8-|]

[quote user="greenTshirt"]There have been worse refs at Carrow Rd this season. I thought he let the game flow and make some decent decsions. To be fair though, it wasnt the most difficult game to ref. Was this the guy who sent two off when we played Charlton earlier in the season?[/quote]

He sent Dublin off at Charlton. We had two sent off in the next game at Wolves.

I thought he was a ref of two halves.  Shocking in the first but didn''t really notice him in the second.  Agree about the lino on the Jarrold stand side, although the other one was good and pretty much always spot on.

I think Chris Lakey nailed this one! He was dog****! In the first half particularly.

I actually think he was partly responsible for the first half being so dreadful, he just kept blowing up for minor contact between players and seemed intent on making the game as stop-start as possible.

If he''s usually this bad, I wonder if he would be refereeing at this level if he WASN''T sikh? Positive discrimination and all that.  

[quote user="Roed 2 Rouen"]

[quote user="C.T "]his hat got in the way

Pathetic comment!

[/quote][/quote]

Why?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="greenTshirt"]There have been worse refs at Carrow Rd this season. I thought he let the game flow and make some decent decsions. To be fair though, it wasnt the most difficult game to ref. Was this the guy who sent two off when we played Charlton earlier in the season?[/quote]

[/quote]

deservly so in my opinion obviously i will be biased but breiller commited foul for booking then kicked the ball away after thats two bookable offences right? if not next time wolves score maybe player should take his shirt of i.e yellow card, then go and kick the opposition keepers shin? because he would only get one booking

shackells tackle was shocking in my opinion and people have been sent of for much much less than that this season

obviosly im biased though as im sure you lot will be

as to the post - it wouldnt be on here if his name was mr.smith, grow up people. you sort of people who are moaning at this lewis hamilton stuff in spain then coming out and being racist. cant believe the racist remarks are allowed to be posted in all honesty

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

deservly so in my opinion obviously i will be biased but breiller commited foul for booking then kicked the ball away after thats two bookable offences right? if not next time wolves score maybe player should take his shirt of i.e yellow card, then go and kick the opposition keepers shin? because he would only get one booking

shackells tackle was shocking in my opinion and people have been sent of for much much less than that this season

obviosly im biased though as im sure you lot will be

as to the post - it wouldnt be on here if his name was mr.smith, grow up people. you sort of people who are moaning at this lewis hamilton stuff in spain then coming out and being racist. cant believe the racist remarks are allowed to be posted in all honesty

[/quote]I doubt there''s a single poster on here who thinks either Shackell or Brellier was hard done by that day – two of the most obvious red cards of the season, to be fair.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Roed 2 Rouen"]

Pathetic comment!

[/quote][/quote]

Why?

[/quote]Why do you think?!?!?  It''s a pathetic and ignorant comment!!  In fact i think the PinkUn should remove the reply!  For once i agree with we8wba this comment is no better that the idiot Spanish racing fans!

Sad about the racist comments-wonder if the moderators are awake at the moment as such commnets are unacceptable.

I feel that David Cuffley was spot on whilst "Lets have a sensational headline" Chris Lakey was as often is the case way off the mark. Mr Singh managed the game pretty well despite a poor performance from one "lino". Suspect the negative comments stem from the fact that Norwich did not score until the bitter end-refs always appear to do badly in such circumstances.

In fairness I must express an interest-I am a qualified referee!   

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Roed 2 Rouen"]

Pathetic comment!

[/quote][/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

Why do you think?!?!?  It''s a pathetic and ignorant comment!!  In fact i think the PinkUn should remove the reply!  For once i agree with we8wba this comment is no better that the idiot Spanish racing fans!
[/quote]

Totally agreed! Total ignorance.

I''ve mentioned this to the web team and received the below reply
''We view the comment about the "hat" as light-hearted. There

is no obvious element promoting hatred or discrimination.

If the comment had been along the lines of ''people wearing

hats like that shouldn''t be referees'', for me, would fall on the other side

of the line.

We

will continue to monitor posts on this thread.''
the fact that he has used the word ''hat'' is an ignorant comment and racism is born from such ignorance in my opinion!!But hey we live in Norfolk so it''s only a bit of fun!

"You''re Cr*p,  you are, and you look like Panesar ..... referee ..... referee"

I was dying to get up and sing it but I''m a little shy[:$].

Personally I thought he was diabolical but still not as bad as the linesman on the Jarold side who, as someone quite rightly pointed out, hadn''t quite got to grips with the offside law!!

excuse me for being wrong if i am webteam but surely its racial as it isnt even a hat??

as i said, if the referee was say clattenburg we wouldnt have this topic to start with

Well there was a group of chavvy yobs near me at the match who started singing ''The Referee''s a Muslim''. To be honest, I wish I''d had the courage to point out their error and the fact that he''s actually a Sikh, but I didn''t really think it would achieve much other than get me loads of abuse, or just sneering blank stares...

The comments on here though are just as bad in displaying that special form of small-minded Norfolk racism, that can be passed off as a bit of a laugh. Whatever the web team says it is racist and should be removed.