Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

COME ON HUCKS!

If selected this weekend I hope Darren Huckerby plays out of his skin and shows us the player we know and love.

Hucks has slaughtered the Bluebirds before, he can do it again.

I would like to see Bertrand and Camara start; Camara play to half time and then The Huckster unleashed.

The press have had a field day lately and another example of this was today, clearly Iwan was asked ''Do you think Norwich can make the play offs'' and probably said something like ''they need to get to 50 points first, get safe then look forwards but of course it is possible.''

Do your talking on the pitch Hucks, this is what you do and this is what we want to know you for.

I hope he plays and I hope he plays a blinder.

Thought this was more a thread on Saturdays game.

I agree by the way Rudolph, mind you, it does ask the question about where and when Glenn is going to play young Gibbs?  Isn''t it nice to have a choice for a change. Perhaps 4-5-1 with Bertrand-Hucks-Fozzy-Rusty-Crofty ? Plenty of attacking midfielders with pace there. Evans up front with Dion and Gibbs to call on if required?

Waddya think? (probably "why change a winning side")

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Explain your comment in more detail pleae, Yankee to prove it is more than a throw away remark.[/quote]

Don''t let him saddle up his high horse, gawd''s sake.

I agree with you again.  I''ve knocked Huckerby but if he kicks those words back down my throat with a performance on the pitch, I''ll be glad to binge on humble pie.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Explain your comment in more detail pleae, Yankee to prove it is more than a throw away remark.[/quote]

I''m happy to oblige you Rudolph.

You were quite pointed in your criticism of Huckerby as a liability in your initial post on the thread "OH HUCKERBY........YOU''RE A LIABILITY!" I think you know there were a lot of folks that disagree with your position and this current thread is a way of "making amends." Otherwise, you could have provided the input from this thread into the other and had a more balanced overall position.

On a separate criticism of Huckerby with respect to his rhetoric on his current status, as you know, I agreed with you. It''s in the best interest of everyone ( including himself ) that he handles himself in the proper manner. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Don''t let him saddle up his high horse, gawd''s sake.

I agree with you again.  I''ve knocked Huckerby but if he kicks those words back down my throat with a performance on the pitch, I''ll be glad to binge on humble pie.

[/quote]

Explain your comment in more detail please, Mr. Chops, to prove it is more than a throw away remark.

YankeeCanary wrote

I''m happy to oblige you Rudolph.

You were quite pointed in your criticism of Huckerby as a liability in your initial post on the thread "OH HUCKERBY........YOU''RE A LIABILITY!" I think you know there were a lot of folks that disagree with your position and this current thread is a way of "making amends." Otherwise, you could have provided the input from this thread into the other and had a more balanced overall position.

On a separate criticism of Huckerby with respect to his rhetoric on his current status, as you know, I agreed with you. It''s in the best interest of everyone ( including himself ) that he handles himself in the proper manner. 

Thank you Yankee. I admit my title and rhetoric previously was Archantesque but you have to have a hook line on this message board to get read. Of the staid posters you are probably the most well read so are the exception, but overall, it is often necessary to post like a red top.

That said, I fully stand by my original post and believe it to have been an early insight into the fact that, for whatever reason, Hucks was not benefitting the team or Club by his play and outspoken behaviour, however honest, and this made him a liability. I didn''t want to re-visit this but I also felt Roeder had to put his foot down and has done so. On occasion we all need a reality check - you like to dish them out - and Hucks has had one. He can go one of two ways and those who appreciate what he has done for the Club desperately want to see him make the right choice. Some people might suggest young Chris Martin is also at a crossroads.

What I didn''t like was the Hucks vs. Roeder threads which began to appear and people taking divisive sides of the argument. We need unity and having criticised Hucks I felt it appropriate to be seen to be publicly moving on and putting the issues behind me because we need both a strong Roeder and a resurgent Huckerby. Besides, who knows what the actual relationship is between those two? In that respect, having been critical I wanted to express my support for a player who has proved himself a stalwart of my Club and the catalyst for the recent good times.

I would urge everyone to get behind Glenn and ALL of our players and I would love to see Hucks have a great game this weekend and an excellent last quarter of a season. I don''t think he will be retained but I don''t want to see his star dimmed as has been the case for a few recent ex-players and managers.