Sign in to follow this  
ca

Master Bates

My goodness didn''t he make a difference when he came on, passes accurately, has pace and looks as good with his clothes on as he does with them off [:D]

Sign him up in the summer, do you agree?

I agree with you, cityangel. I thought he was excellent - and another example of Roeder using loan players wisely. Semmy was playing OK (and he has been decent all season) but he made that one slip and minutes later he was off. That''s Roeder sending a message: don''t rest on your laurels, son. It''s the little things like that that will ensure hot competition for places. My wish now is that Hucks works hard, gets back on the bench and starts coming on to give us a bit of oomph in the final third. He''s only 31 let''s remember - we''d be fools to right him off.

yeah he was good, would get him for 1 mill tops though, dont think he will get first team too much, will Doc playing like he is.probley just letting semmy have some time off, he has played a heck of a lot

Certainly provided the momentum we were missing going forward, liked his overlaps with Croft and his long throws will be a useful asset too.  Well done Roeder, astute loan signing.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]He did look very comfortable on the ball and had time. By the way where`s Smudger gone tonight? [/quote]

When we win, his business is unaccountably busy.  When we lose, he has a quiet patch.

Bates looked good, liked his energy and overlapping runs.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]does it always have to come back to smudger, can we not just enjoy a victory.

PLEASE

[/quote]

We are enjoying a victory, theres always more to enjoy than just the winning goal. 

i would like to see him get a run in the team at right back now as i think otsemobor is a liability. semmy is beaten easily too often relying on others to cover for him and gives the ball away too often. bates though as roeder said wins the ball and lets the attacker know hes there!!! well played lad.

[quote user="baldyboy"]i would like to see him get a run in the team at right back now as i think otsemobor is a liability. semmy is beaten easily too often relying on others to cover for him and gives the ball away too often. bates though as roeder said wins the ball and lets the attacker know hes there!!! well played lad.[/quote]

Roeder''s been shrewd here in putting Otsemobor under pressure for the shirt - and he''s got a tough battle to keep Bates from being first choice, though I believe Otsemobor''s carrying an injury and might need some time out anyway.

[quote user="cityangel"]

My goodness didn''t he make a difference when he came on, passes accurately, has pace and looks as good with his clothes on as he does with them off [:D]

[/quote]

Spotted your new Hucks then have you Angel?

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]i would like to see him get a run in the team at right back now as i think otsemobor is a liability. semmy is beaten easily too often relying on others to cover for him and gives the ball away too often. bates though as roeder said wins the ball and lets the attacker know hes there!!! well played lad.[/quote]

Roeder''s been shrewd here in putting Otsemobor under pressure for the shirt - and he''s got a tough battle to keep Bates from being first choice, though I believe Otsemobor''s carrying an injury and might need some time out anyway.

[/quote]

He said it in the press too, too, which is good management in a way, he did not slag him off but has basically said that he is not the only one in that position.

Bates looked very good, if he shows that form when ever he gets a chance to play for us, we should try and sign him in the summer.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Solid at the back, neat passing, pacey and plenty of forward runs. I was very impressed. Semmys been improving under Roeder but im still not convinced as to whether he''s good enough for a side with serious ambition. Bates though is highly rated at boro i think and we''ll do well to keep him....

..But if anyone can Roeder can!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Do I hear wedding bells?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Do I hear wedding bells?

[/quote]

It''s only a rebound romance after Hucks rides off into the sun.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Do I hear wedding bells?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s just romance that angel has on her mind Mr. Chops. Did you not notice her clever play on words in the thread title?

i agree. i was particuly impressed with bates composure on the ball. very calm when collecting the ball in defence and starting attacks ...

I thought Bates looked good - great first cross in particular. However, I think it''s a bit early to be planning the summer''s transfer budget around him and voting him player of the season yet. I would''ve thought that people on this board might have learnt to keep things more in perspective, given previous experiences with signings who are hailed as the second coming after a fleeting appearance (e.g. Big Dave and Lappin were, if I remember rightly, widely hailed after early games)...

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Do I hear wedding bells?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s just romance that angel has on her mind Mr. Chops. Did you not notice her clever play on words in the thread title?

[/quote]

You seem to have this knack of being able to read my mind Yankee [:D]

As with all new signings it is a bit to soon too soon to be judging a player!!, imagine if somebody had slagged the guy off after only one game...... I thought he looked good going forward, comfortable on the ball, he did get beaten by their left winger/ midfielder a couple of times but all in all an encouraging first appearance. 

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Do I hear wedding bells?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now now CA, your older enough to be his mother, te he, but go for it girl.

[/quote]

You seem to have this knack of being able to read my mind Yankee [:D]

[/quote]

[quote user="biggleyellow"]

Now now CA, your older enough to be his mother, te he, but go for it girl.

[/quote]

Only just biggleyellow [:D]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If you want his autograph you''ll find him, after games, in the Boardroom where all the big knobs hang out CA.[/quote]

Rudolph, you could at least remove the child from the avatar before you express these kind of remarks.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If you want his autograph you''ll find him, after games, in the Boardroom where all the big knobs hang out CA.[/quote]

I don''t want his autograph [:D]