Sign in to follow this  
CityBorn

leicester Away game

hi all, just want to ask a quick question really, me and my g/f are going to the leicester Away game but we dont know about the parking, has anyone been to the ground by car and if so whats the parking like? easy to get a spot? car park near by? any help would be a appreciated

not sure about parking close to the ground but it isn''t so far out of the city centre and there is plenty of reasonably priced parking in the centre.

[quote user="kettering canary"]I would also like to know how easy it is to get from the train station to the ground.[/quote]

Station to the ground is walkable without any problems.

the station is a bit of a treck to the ground but it is still possible if you fancy a walk.

hi, im from leicester and im going also. there is no parking at the ground and there is a lack of parking in the whole area. best bet if driving is to park at a complex called freemans common( odean cinema and shops). its just up from the stadium. go on the aa website for directions.

hi, im from leicester and going to the match too. there is very little parking around the stadium area, no public parking at all. ignore the football ground guide thing by jas as there are major road works happening and no street parking as it is manic on a saturday. best bet is to park at a complex called freemans common, it free to park and is just up the road from the ground. check out the aa website for a map.

I parked on a well dodgy industrial estate last season. Car was still there when I got back though - and the wheels hadn''t even been replaced with bricks. Win.

I Also Went In The Car With Famile And Friends..

Parking Is Really Bad.

It Is An Doggey Estate.

We Were Pusshed Into A Garrage

Wasnt Sure If It Was Going To Be There When We Got Back..

Going On The Bus This Time : )

We parked in a pub car park (for free) last season - it was very near to the ground, lots of away fans there too.

And now... I can''t remember the name of it! Sorry.

This is a bit of a long shot, but is anyone driving to the game from the Oxford area? I just tried to book a train but it''s £42 which is a rip off. If anyone is happy to give me a lift, I''d obviously share petrol costs etc.

Cheers.

Honestly the walk from the station is only about 10/15 minutes, I am currently in my second year at the University of Leicester.

Also if you don''t mind parking and walking there is parking on the road around the area of Victoria Park, Evington Road, Stoneygate and Clarendon Park, all about 20 minutes walk from the stadium.

I''m going up on the train from Norwich!!  Anyone know any decent bozers??From what i''ve heard this could be our biggest away following of the season!

Next to the station there is The Hind which is used quite often by away fans, nearer the ground there isn''t any pubs really, although there is one on the Freemans Common complex although I have never been there.

Up near the University and Victoria Park there are two pubs next to each other, The Loaded Dog and Varsity both are cheap and really nice pubs.

Try the polar bear or soar point. polar bear is the closest to the stadium, just off the university campus. For less student-like bars, head for narbourgh road..plenty of bars and take aways down there, and again not too far from the stadium.