Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

i am going to carrow rd again

I made a promise not to go to carrow road again while HRH Delia was there but i am breaking my promise not to watch Norwich City but my son''s team Sheringham   who beat Dereham saturday to reach the Norfolk senior cup final, come on you Shannocks.

I understand your son scored the 3rd goal too? Good on him and Sheringham for upsetting the bookies - I trust you had a few squid riding on the result?

[quote user="ricky knight"]I made a promise not to go to carrow road again while HRH Delia was there but i am breaking my promise not to watch Norwich City but my son''s team Sheringham   who beat Dereham saturday to reach the Norfolk senior cup final, come on you Shannocks.[/quote]

Blimey Ricky, you feeling alright? [:D]

To be fair you promised not to watch NC, well that''s one part you''ve not broken, seeing as you are going to watch your lads team and not Norwich.  [;)]

Are you going to buy a pint and a pie? Careful if you do thou, you will be putting some money in her coffers and then you add the entrance fee. I''m glad you shared that with us.

You must be talking about Roy?  Played with him in the past in local leagues, Rangers on a Saturday.  Didn''t realise he was now playing for Sheringham.  Anyway, well done to them, excellent result.  Hope they enjoy the day.  Not gonna be easy against Worxham or Norwich Utd, but have beaten the current holders so have nothing to fear.

Hope you enjoy the occasion too, Ricky.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]Are you going to buy a pint and a pie? Careful if you do thou, you will be putting some money in her coffers and then you add the entrance fee. I''m glad you shared that with us.[/quote]

i will be having a few pints actually, hope some of you percys are there might see a good game for once[:D] and you never know we might even get some more loanees ut of it[:D]

Up the Shannocks indeed Ricky! Shame you weren''t able to watch us! It was unbelievable 3-2 down in inury time and nicked it!

If only bloody archant would spell my name right! I mean who the hell is Tanpi!!

Up the shannocks!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="biggleyellow"]Are you going to buy a pint and a pie? Careful if you do thou, you will be putting some money in her coffers and then you add the entrance fee. I''m glad you shared that with us.[/quote]

i will be having a few pints actually, hope some of you percys are there might see a good game for once[:D] and you never know we might even get some more loanees ut of it[:D]

[/quote]

I see decent games most times I go and watch Norwich, well sometimes. Hey, at least I go[;)] Could not think of anything worse than watching crap non league football, they play at that level for a reason, they are not good enough, end of story. Yes, I have seen local football, you won''t get me back again.

Biggleyyellow - that''s such an ignorant view of non-league football. I''m a fan of the game at all levels (the 1994 FA Vase Finall at Wembley stands out) and the Norfolk Senior Cup is a great competition.

Good luck to Sheringham in the final, I''ll be there. More importantly, Ricky, when''s the next WAW show?!!

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

I see decent games most times I go and watch Norwich, well sometimes. Hey, at least I go[;)] Could not think of anything worse than watching crap non league football, they play at that level for a reason, they are not good enough, end of story. Yes, I have seen local football, you won''t get me back again.

[/quote]

You obviously play then.....probably not! Oh well, the hallow turf awaits.......

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You obviously play then.....probably not! Oh well, the hallow turf awaits.......

[/quote]

Like I said, been there, done that. I''m still waiting for the call up from the mighty yellows. One day maybe, probably bit to old now.

[quote user="Catton Grove Canary"]

Biggleyyellow - that''s such an ignorant view of non-league football. I''m a fan of the game at all levels (the 1994 FA Vase Finall at Wembley stands out) and the Norfolk Senior Cup is a great competition.

Good luck to Sheringham in the final, I''ll be there. More importantly, Ricky, when''s the next WAW show?!!

[/quote]

the next show in norwich is at the talk, march 2nd, cracking line up too[:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"]I made a promise not to go to carrow road again while HRH Delia was there but i am breaking my promise not to watch Norwich City but my son''s team Sheringham   who beat Dereham saturday to reach the Norfolk senior cup final, come on you Shannocks.[/quote]

Do you think you''ve been missed in any way?

This should be in Kings Lynn and Local Leagues. Does nobody actually adhere to the rules around here?

I was at the game and Sheringham were a credit to their club & the Anglian Combination. Dereham had all the possesion in the second half but Sheringham refused to buckle and showed the required commitment to snatch victory.

All local footballers have the ambition to play at Carrow Road and view it as the pinacle of local football be it at junior or senior levels. I intend to attend both Saturday County finals at Carrow Road because I know that all players on view will give 100% and realise how privaliged they are. 

In all honesty you could have been going to Carrow Road for weeks and no-one would have known, or cared.

[quote user="Duffman"]In all honesty you could have been going to Carrow Road for weeks and no-one would have known, or cared.
[/quote]

I have never said anyone cared its my own decision on a point of principle i feel strong about, RIGHTLY or WRONGLY.

[quote user="Catton Grove Canary"]

[/quote]

I went to that match, yes good day, good atmosphere, but not pretty football. Maybe its all in the day and not the football. I reckon the day will be good at Carrow Road, just the football will be pants.

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Catton Grove Canary"]

[/quote]

I went to that match, yes good day, good atmosphere, but not pretty football. Maybe its all in the day and not the football. I reckon the day will be good at Carrow Road, just the football will be pants.

[/quote]

could be describing Norwich City this season.

[quote user="bunny"]

This should be in Kings Lynn and Local Leagues. Does nobody actually adhere to the rules around here?

[/quote]

i thought bunnies were happy.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Catton Grove Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

could be describing Norwich City this season.

[/quote]It could be... but then you''d know for sure if you''d actually seen us play! Eleven games unbeaten not good enough for you? ;)Good luck to Sheringham in the final, by the way – always nice to see an Anglian Com side get to Carrow Road!

I am happy as the next fan about our run but i do worry its papering over the cracks, saturday last minute winner against a rubbish team, southampton, 3 woodworks and missed pen, still not dominating enough games for my liking, happy with the run yes but also reservations about the future. As for not attending, i went home and away for years and years, hitch hiked thousands of miles to watch the boys. i have a career  which restricted my attendance but now i dont go by choice. I support Glen and the boys but till this board is gone i will not go to a game, simple as that. Its like staying in a marriage for the sake of the kids it dont work, my backing to this board is well and truly over.

Ricky,

You''re avatar appears to show the two brothers from Right Said Fred engaging in what The Sun might call "an unnatural act". (Why is it that a newspaper that has a pair of breasts in it every day gets all coy when it comes to describing sex. I mean, have you ever heard anybody else say "I had a saucy romp with the wife last night but it was ruined when she refused to let me perform an unnatural act"?).

Were you holding the camera Ricky? Are you blackmailing them for a cut of the profits from the slightly more famous ones appearence in that Daz advert? We demand to know!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Ricky,

You''re avatar appears to show the two brothers from Right Said Fred engaging in what The Sun might call "an unnatural act". (Why is it that a newspaper that has a pair of breasts in it every day gets all coy when it comes to describing sex. I mean, have you ever heard anybody else say "I had a saucy romp with the wife last night but it was ruined when she refused to let me perform an unnatural act"?).

Were you holding the camera Ricky? Are you blackmailing them for a cut of the profits from the slightly more famous ones appearence in that Daz advert? We demand to know!

[/quote]

the difference is i earn a good living by acting like a prxck, where as you were born as one. Remember as part of my job i get ribbed by fans every night, you are not even good at it.

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ian Wright played at "that Level" infact he has re signed for Sunday League side Ten em Bee.. is he good enough then?

jas :)

the difference is i earn a good living by acting like a prxck, where as you were born as one. Remember as part of my job i get ribbed by fans every night, you are not even good at it.

[/quote]

I''ll have you know it''s taken 35 years of hard graft to become this annoying. I certainly wasn''t born with such a gift!

I care little for how good a living you make Ricky (you seem to mention it quite a lot, ever thought of seeing a shrink?) but am quite upset by your lack of a sense of humour. Would have thought it was a pre-requisite for your business [:P].

[/quote]It''s good of you to volunteer on here as well though Ricky [;)]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

i thought bunnies were happy.

[/quote]

It''s the Moderation of these Boards that makes me unhappy. How many times do we see several topics about the same subject (they should be merged) and topics in the wrong forums (they should be moved)? There is not a clear set of rules that I can see and this waiting for Moderation approval seems to cause more problems than it solves as baiting and name calling (provacative attacks of a personal nature that do nothing but rile people) posts still get through.