Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this Weekend.

Some confusion seems to be about what a Yankee bet is.

Yankee Bet explained.

A Yankee is bet consisting of 4 selections, be it horses, football matches or whatever. You need at least 2 selections to win to get a return on your stake.(a double) Any 3 of the 4 selections win is a treble. All 4 selections win is a 4 timer.

= If all 4 selections win, you get 6 doubles, 4 trebles and 1 four timer. But if only 3 selections you get 3 doubles and 1 treble. 2 selections win and you get a double.

Amount staked can be to suit your pocket, but it is 11 bets in total.

I hope that doesn''t confuse you even more.

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

Some confusion seems to be about what a Yankee bet is.

Yankee Bet explained.

A Yankee is bet consisting of 4 selections, be it horses, football matches or whatever. You need at least 2 selections to win to get a return on your stake.(a double) Any 3 of the 4 selections win is a treble. All 4 selections win is a 4 timer.

= If all 4 selections win, you get 6 doubles, 4 trebles and 1 four timer. But if only 3 selections you get 3 doubles and 1 treble. 2 selections win and you get a double.

Amount staked can be to suit your pocket, but it is 11 bets in total.

I hope that doesn''t confuse you even more.

[/quote]

so the tactic could be play real safe and get garunteed money, or you can be bit more adventerous and take couple longer shot teams with more gain in it

hmmmm tricky one to decide i think, maybe it isnt as easy lol but is in another way. anyways ill continue to confuse myself

good luck!!!

[quote user="we8wba"]

so the tactic could be play real safe and get garunteed money

[/quote]

we8wba - dont think you can describe it as guaranteed money (or any other spelling combination of the same).  Ask yourself when you last saw a bookie selling the Big Issue....

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

we8wba - dont think you can describe it as guaranteed money (or any other spelling combination of the same).  Ask yourself when you last saw a bookie selling the Big Issue....

[/quote]

very true sir, nothing is ever a "cert"

but with this system we could make money regularly although small amounts with the strong favs i.e 1/3 shots etc...

imagine in the long run this is your money 11£ 4 1/3 shots 2 come in not much but you get bout 3 or 4quid, with 2teams, if thats your own money you would lost 7 or 8 quid, but with this free bet your not losing anything

so you can try to pick up weekly small amounts, go for the "big one" or mixture of the pair

when we use this format

good luck and as said above nothing is a cert

Example- £1 yankee = £11.00 staked.

4 winning selections @ odds of 1/2 average would return £ 32.00.

3 winning selections @ odds of 1/2 average would return £10.12

2 winners would be £2.25.

4 winners @ average odds of  1/1 would return £72.00. 

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

My choice this week is, Derby vs Spurs - AWAY WIN

It could be slightly risky as Spurs have only won away once this season but Derby have only claimed two points from the last 27 available at Pride Park. That coupled with a couple of new signings and the general upturn in their fortunes since the arrival of The Special Juande makes Spurs my nap for this week.

P.S. What''s all this four predictions and a yankee stuff about then Ray. I''m already feeling nervous about my turn (is this normal?) even though it''s six whole weeks away. Now I''ve got the extra concern that by then you might have decided that I have to predict every result in the Ridgeons League and the winner of Miss World and Eurovision before we win any money [;)].

[/quote]

First of all can I say welcome back Jersey Canary ,where have you been you lovely old boy ? you will always have a special place in arrdees heart as you were one of the first pickers on the Free Bet thread .

Now Shack its quite easy it means the first 4 selections 7rew  has in his list will be covered in a sponsored bet , if 7rew  only gets 2 correct he will only win  a few £ but the more he gets right the more he wins for the academy . Then if he gets all his line right with dixmar (as Fellas did last week ) we are talking good money for the Academy . Say the last one on 7rews list fails , we would still win because he has the first 4 correct , which is a separate bet , we are doing 2 sponsored bets,  I hope this helps , I am sure that Nutty can explain it better than me . The yankee bet is on as I have  cleared it with Billy Dixon Of Dixmar Racing , as he is our main beneficiary I didn''t want to make waves for him , no he was quite happy , "there''s no problem with that Ray" that''s what he said so full steam ahead 7rew ,[Y] arrdee.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

very true sir, nothing is ever a "cert"

but with this system we could make money regularly although small amounts with the strong favs i.e 1/3 shots etc...

imagine in the long run this is your money 11£ 4 1/3 shots 2 come in not much but you get bout 3 or 4quid, with 2teams, if thats your own money you would lost 7 or 8 quid, but with this free bet your not losing anything

so you can try to pick up weekly small amounts, go for the "big one" or mixture of the pair

when we use this format

good luck and as said above nothing is a cert

[/quote]

Spot on we8 you have called I right  hope others can understand . Don''t worry Shack We will have run out of sponsors before we get to you.[Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

indeed more chance of winning and lets face it even if unlucky and picks 2 winners its more money than 98% of us have got on here

well done ardee in doing the dirty work for us in getting such a great deal. good work sir

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="canarygeorge"]

[/quote]

indeed more chance of winning and lets face it even if unlucky and picks 2 winners its more money than 98% of us have got on here

well done ardee in doing the dirty work for us in getting such a great deal. good work sir

[/quote]

Well done we8 I always knew you were one of arrdees [*] but I never gave you  your intelligence in betting matters , you have it spot on , thanks for that, I think you have explained it perfectly . [Y] arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="we8wba"][quote user="canarygeorge"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well done we8 I always knew you were one of arrdees [*] but I never gave you  your intelligence in betting matters , you have it spot on , thanks for that, I think you have explained it perfectly . [Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

And also well done Canarygeorge you have it sussed , but that was no more than I would have expected from you ,because what ever you say you are one of my "hot shots" indeed one of my young guns ,[Y] arrdee.

My choice this week was to be Everton, as lots have already selected that one I''ll

go for Bristol City to beat Sheff Wed at Ashton Gate.

Good Luck

My picksWest Ham Tottenham

Real Madrid Montrose

Everton East FifeNo logic, cos it doesn''t work just gut feeling and avoiding the football league which hates me.  Everton and East Fife not in the Yankee because they are the ones I am least sure of and I can''t find out the odds to make a more scientific choice of the four balancing risk v reward is complicated if you dont know the reward.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Ooops, good point mate - I had forgotten Arrdee got us such a good deal in not having to take the stake into account.  When you look at it that way the logic is hard to dispute! [:)]

Fingers crossed for this weeks selections.

Yep the bet is on you lovely old pickers , thanks to 7rew,...

West Ham-------------------4-5

Spurs-------------------------4-7

Real Madrid------------------3-10

Montrose---------------------8-15

Everton-----------------------4-7

East Fife----------------------2-5

Which will win £114-04p for the accumulator , and of course the first 4 are covered in a yankee bet ,( thanks arrdee meats for that )which could be anything we will have to wait and see what we win on that one . No doubt Canarygeorge will be the first one in with that . So thanks for that 7rew you have been brilliant .I fully expect to add you to my line of fame. Good luck all [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                     £167-55p

[quote user="arrdee"]

Yep the bet is on you lovely old pickers , thanks to 7rew,...

West Ham-------------------4-5

Spurs-------------------------4-7

Real Madrid------------------3-10

Montrose---------------------8-15

Everton-----------------------4-7

East Fife----------------------2-5

Which will win £114-04p for the accumulator , and of course the first 4 are covered in a yankee bet ,( thanks arrdee meats for that )which could be anything we will have to wait and see what we win on that one . No doubt Canarygeorge will be the first one in with that . So thanks for that 7rew you have been brilliant .I fully expect to add you to my line of fame. Good luck all [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                     £167-55p

[/quote]

Well done Ray. And a special thanks for your generous sponsorship. Also thanks to Dixmar Racing for their continued generous sponsorship. Thanks Billy.

The best part of these bets is we always get very good value odds from Billy. I looked on oddschecker for best/worst odds available and found the following.

West Ham best 5/6 worst 4/6  We got 4/5

Spurs    best 4/7 worst 4/9  We got 4/7

Real Madrid best 3/10 worst 2/9 We got 3/10

Montrose best 4/7 worst 4/9 We got 8/15

Everton  best 4/7 worst 1/2  We got 4/7

East Fife best 2/5 worst 1/3  We got 2/5 

For people who understand betting odds you will know that we always get good value from Dixmar Racing. So thanks once again to Ray & Billy. Sausages !!!!!!!

Well done to City in Cardiff a brilliant win ! Lets keep the Feelgood factor going with both bets coming in.

George. 

One of  those weeks again. Still 2 out 3 in the Yankee with Real Madrid still to play tomorrow 4 p.m. So thats £2.41 for the Spurs/Montrose double and Real Madrid should win tomorrow 3/10 odds would take it to £9.58. for 3 doubles and 1 treble.

The main thing is Norwich got a Mamouth result today. Onwards and upwards!

Arrdee''s Sausages. Sponsors of this weeks Yankee bet.

One of  those weeks again. Still 2 out 3 in the Yankee with Real Madrid still to play tomorrow 4 p.m. So thats £2.41 for the Spurs/Montrose double and Real Madrid should win tomorrow 3/10 odds would take it to £9.58. for 3 doubles and 1 treble.

The main thing is Norwich got a Mamouth result today. Onwards and upwards!

Arrdee''s Sausages. Sponsors of this weeks Yankee bet.

[/quote]

Well done 7rew not the main line but you look like you have picked up a few £ for the academy with Inter tomorrow well done young sir. Thanks also George for explaining everything so carefully , I think everyone knows how it works now , also for working out how much there was to come , you are a [*] If I could just ask you to do that each week please would you mind ? Also if someone doesn''t understand could you please step in and enlighten them ? . Now I have got to look for sponsors to keep this going , If I can only find one every so often It will be nice and swell the coffers of the Academy somewhat . So Its all systems go  .Talk to you lovely old boys and gals later .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,             £167-55p

win is a win at the end of the day

well done

i think its real madrid tommorow ardee not inter, but maybe im wrong

doesnt look a massive win, but you get that regularly it soon builds up

[quote user="we8wba"]

win is a win at the end of the day

well done

i think its real madrid tommorow ardee not inter, but maybe im wrong

doesnt look a massive win, but you get that regularly it soon builds up

[/quote]

Yep my slip its Real Madrid tomorrow ,well done we8 at least I have done the right one .I must be getting excited or old or both !!.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                   £167-55p

Now have you lovely old Pickers seen the Pink Un ? we have a wonderful  write up with a picture of us lovely old Pickers presenting the cheque to the Academy , from Billy Dixon . All thanks to our very own press agent Nutty Nigel , or the "talented one" as I like to call him.

As I have said before we are like a happy family on the Free Bet , we are trying to help each other to win some money for our beloved club with our knowledge of football , as well as Nutty I have Canarygeorge giving us the odds and payout also we8  helping out . what a team I have got with those young guns I have in my armoury , I don''t see how we can fail .

Such bad luck for 7rew , W ham should have won, also E Fife decided they would take a day off , Drew you have Real Madrid this afternoon , which will win the Academy close on £10 so well done Drew .

Now returning to the picture in the Pink Un If you want to know who is who , well I don''t know who the good looking one with the most hair is probably some "wine ho " on the street that got caught up in it all . [;)] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                                                                                         £167-55p

Now you lovely old Pickers of mine , you have done more than I ever hoped you would do for the Free Bet and I am sure I can say the same for Nutty . I wonder if you Pickers have noticed that we have amongst us a Picker who has a 100% record so far ? I wont embarrass him by naming him , He knows who he is , I am watching him like a hawk , have we got a real talent on our hands , I will give you a clue its not "Lappinitup" sorry "Lapp" I could not resist that , no doubt you will get your own back on me , be careful you know what I am like with my warped sense of humour . Now my  up to date rota is..

Feb ----16th-----Lucky green trainers

" -----23rd-----P''boro C

Mar-----1st------"Yankee"

"------8th------Gentleman Jim

"------15th-----Shack Attack

"------22nd-----Canarygeorge

"------29th------Trent C

April-----5th-------Norfolkchance1

"------12th------Fellas

"------19th------Graham H

"------26th------Blah "Chesterfield" Blah 

Now If you lovely old boys for whatever reason cant make it remember no one will think the worst of you especial me , we can always get someone in like me who is next to hopeless or Nutty who is as about as good ,all we ever thought of in those early days was  to keeping the Free Bet going , now here we are today , you know It made sense [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                  £167-55p

must say well done to 7rew, i believe 3winners in the yankee, im sitting home watching real madrid and they are 5-0 up at halftime. so i may take risk and say that one is in the bag

good job sir

[quote user="canarygeorge"]Real Madrid go 4-0 up after 37 minutes. Looking good for 3 doubles and a treble. Sausages.[/quote]

yes well done 7rew another £9-58p in the kitty , Is that correct George ?

Yankee,2,Fellas,                   £177-13p

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="canarygeorge"]Real Madrid go 4-0 up after 37 minutes. Looking good for 3 doubles and a treble. Sausages.[/quote]

yes well done 7rew another £9-58p in the kitty , Is that correct George ?

Yankee,2,Fellas,                   £177-13p

[/quote]

Yes Ray, thanks to Arrdees Sausages. Proud Sponsors of the Yankee Bet.

Real Madrid just about managed to protect their lead, hanging on for 7-0 win.

Yes now looking at that picture in the Pink Un Paper and that editorial they used I was thinking every one was a winner , Dixmar because of the publicity it brought them ,the Academy and Foncy because of the money we brought them , best of all the enjoyment you lovely old Pickers have had in making those selections and watching those results come in .[8] Everyone a winner babe that''s the truth .[8] (don''t start me off) . Of course the words in the Pink un''s editorial belonged to whom ? word for word whom ? yep you know who don''t you ? the talented one of course , we all know who he is don''t we ? talk to you lovely old sweet Pickers later .[Y] arrdee.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]good to see another winner go in - guess the pressure is on for my attempt this weekend to make it 3 in a row.  i''d prefer a straight accumulator than the yankee bet ardee - is that ok???
[/quote]

Afternoon Lucky,

Arrdee has got computer problems so he asked me to let you know that you will be doing the straight accumulator and he will save the yankee bet for another week. There''s no pressure though, whatever happens you will do better than myself and Arrdee used to do before we found all the good pickers to help!