Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this Weekend.

Now all you lovely old Pickers , What a weekend that was, now that''s what you call entertainment and excitement , phone calls were being exchanged , on line updates were being made , my phone was red hot , little wonder the young lady is saying "your calling credit is running low" to me now .

I never envisaged in my wildest dreams that the Free Bet would come to this, I had hoped of course when I started out  last march with two and a half months of the season to go , with just a handful of Pickers , just wishing for 6 selections , some weeks I struggled to get that , there never was any doubt who was making the final selections , but to be fair Nutty often helped me out with this , not that he was much better than me mind you . we were both happy just to keep the Free Bet going .

I will always remember asking for the Free Bet , as I am one of the most shyest persons you will ever meet it was hard for me to go to a strange place , meet strange people , and ask for a Free Bet , I do admit that I looked around outside before I went in to see if there were any soft landing places where they could throw me . However I had this dream and I was determined to succeeded .

Now this week its 7rew in the hot seat another of my young guns ready to blast Dixmar Racing apart , lets get those "naps" coming in .

I agree with Nutty that piece that "Yankee" wrote  on how he made his selections should be read by all us Pickers . also the lovely old "Chesterfield Blah"with his thread, all to help you lovely old Pickers . If I could just add my bit If you go on Boyle Sports they have what they call a banker coupon which has the shortest odds not only from the u.k. but from Europe as well , you can if you see a team say 1-4 you can Google that league and see what you think . Remember you are always going to get better odds with Billy Dixon at Dixmar . Talk to all you lovely old Pickers later [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                                                                                                                                                                              £167

My tip for this weekend would be Walsall to beat Yeovil at home in League One this Saturday.
Walsall have only lost once in their last 18 league games.
Yeovil have only won once in their last 10 league games.
Also in the reverse fixture 3 weeks ago at Yeovil, Walsall won 2-0.
All things point to a home banker I would say.

I''d go for Hereford to beat Dagenham.

Oh, and arrdee, I''d be interested in having a week in the "hot seat" if you have any going spare (weeks that is, not seats) [;)]

bristol city have been a bit inconsistent of late, but are still right there, just as they have been all season.  after being beaten at home last week by ipswich (poor travellers to say the least) who they probably expected a result against, i think sheffield wed will have had the wind taken right outa their sails.  how much fight have they got.  not enough against bristol on their patch.my napster is bristol to put s.wed to the sword!!!

Lets hope these things come in 2''s!

For my pick this week, I am going to rely on Joe Lewis and his Peterborough squad to beat Wrexham.  Wrexham are 0-1-4 in their last 5 away matches, and Posh are on a nice run as of late.  Peterborough v. Wrexham, home win.

Montrose to beat Forfar away.Don''t like the lower scottish leagues much this week.

Yep of course Graham I was rather hoping you would put yourself forward,

Now did any of you Pickers notice the results in Div 2 at the weekend only one

home win ? that was Wrexham ..Umm..why does that fixture ring bells in my brain ?

You notice I am not putting more than a dozen words in a line rather than go off the page

Dear oh dear what a shemozzle , talk to you lovely old Pickers on the next page , hopefully.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                                                                                                    £167,

Also.. As alluded to in the opener, YC''s post on nap technique..

• When I select, even though it is  team effort, I ignore the team inputs initially. I go through all the divisions and come up with what I believe are the top eight or nine that appeal to me.

• I would only select an away team as an absolute last resort

• I try to avoid selecting teams who may be too comfortable with their position. This could include teams at the top of their division if they feel they have a good gap relative to their nearest competitor, or mid-table teams who could feel unthreatened by relegation playing a bottom side.

• I try to avoid selecting teams who have opponents with low standing but have very strong defensive records. A good defensive team with low points total still have better odds of squeezing out a draw even if they can''t score goals.

• I try to avoid cup competitions or teams that have just gone through staff upheaval.

• After considering the above, I then go back and consider the selections of others and see which ones match my selections, and how the remainder stack up versus my selections. Then I prune the list down to six final selections, ever mindful that we have a much better chance with five selections and a considerably lesser chance of success with seven selections.

• Finally, I do not allow sentimentality to influence my selections by trying to be  a good team player and trying to "fit in" the selections of others. What I think is right is what I go with, even if it should turn out that my selections are all wrong and the submissions of others turned out to be mostly correct.
  • A few good things to consider there. Personally I also think its a good idea to bear in mind lower and higher odds. The picker each week will have a certain strategy, and I think its important to have a mix of 1/5 type naps and 8/11 type naps so the picker can mix it up a bit. I know im personally someone that doesnt like picking a team any shorter than 1/2, but thats my personal betting style. Everyones different!

I hate to be a voice of doom, but my last set of picks was just after the last wins (first loss).  No way am i picking any result involving wednesday this time...

NAP. Everton to beat Reading.

Everton are top of the Anorak league for teams winning when they''re odds on at home. Looks a formality against Reading.  

Real Madrid to beat Valladolid

Cannot see Real Madrid, with their impeccable home record, giving Barcelona the opportunity to cut into their lead at the top of the division. 

After my luck nearly ran out last week (thank heavens for last minute penalty winners in Scotland''s third tier) I suggest we chance our arm north of the border again this week.  I suggest Dundee Utd ought to be able to comfortably overcome a struggling Hibs team who are bang out of form of late.

My nap this week has to be Everton to beat Reading, Reading are sliding dangerously whereas Everton are playing well. Also expect Everton to be raging with injustice after last weeks referreeing controverseys against Blackburn.

Good Luck 7rew and lets do the double!

West Ham to beat Birmingham at home.Form Comparison - West Ham are picking up a run of home games that might put them into contention for a UEFA cup spot.Birmingham are on a woeful run of 3 points from their last 18.West Ham last 6 games : 3-1-2West Ham last 10 games : 5-2-3West Hams'' last 4 home games :1-0 win against Liverpool2-1 win against Fulham2-1 win against Man Utd1-1 draw against Reading0-2 loss against EvertonWest Hams home record this season 5-4-3Birmingham last 6 games : 0-3-3Birmingham last 10 games : 1-4-5Birminghams last 5 away games0-2 loss against Sunderland1-1 draw against Arsenal0-1 loss against Man Utd0-3 loss against Bolton1-2 loss against NewcastleBirminghams away record this season 2-2-9This one looks to be a formality.

Hello All,

WYCOMBE home win against Mansfield.

Good Luck all posters this week - lets have Billy Dixon quivering when he hears its Arrdee on the phone!!!

Leeds Canary (young gun! [:O])

Well after getting about 12 right on the trot I am now on a losing run of two.

So no more picking from with my heart because my turn to be picker is looming near and I need to start getting results !

Therefore with my thinking head screwed firmly in place I confidently nap Tranmere to beat Leyton O

Tranmere recovered from a little lapse to now win four in a row, whilst Leyton are consistantly failing to score away*.

* Hence Leyton "O" I assume. ha ha !

Good luck 7rew, I feel you will win it for us this week mate.

EVERTON to beat reading

everton won 7 / 12 home games

reading 0 wins in 12 away games only getting 3 draws (3pts in total away)

everton will have yakubu, yobo back (pineear is injured)

looks makings of dead cert to me price of around 8/15 look nice to build nice purse at the end

BARNSLEY V WEST BROM,i reckon a draw as barnsley look to bounce back after a few poor results, boosted by deals for lewin nyatanga and silva joining up.whereas west brom have dipped and have fitness concerns in phillips etc.1-1

Now I have some exciting news, for you lovely old Pickers , I have been asking some of my local firms for sponsorship for the Free Bet and so far I have found a few that will sponsor to us as well as Dixmar as just a one off, one week sort of thing I have been asking for £11 and I have had a response from 3 who have agreed , why £11 well that would cover a £1 yankee bet ,where the Picker selects his 4 best of his 6 or however many he picks with his main bet with Dixmar , so 7rew when you make your selections if you put your 4 best at the top they will be covered in a Yankee bet which means if you only get 2 right we win .

Now arrdee is not going to miss out on this , so arrdee is shoving those others aside . Its arrdee meats  that is going to be the first  one in on this , I don''t intend to mention any other business interests I have. I don''t think it would be right and proper. 

If you don''t understand what I am saying to you I am sure that Nutty can explain it far more better than me. I will just say that you wont be joining Yankee and Fellas on arrdees line of fame only if you get all your selections right .[Y]arrdee.

Yankee 2,fellas,                                                                                                                                                                             £167.

I would go for Nottingham Forest to beat Millwall.

Forest have lost once at home in the League so far! 4 wins/2 draws in their last 6 at home.

Millwall have won twice away in league so far. 3 loses/2 draws in their last 6 away.

I''m going to upset newyork and trent by agreeing with them (it''s the famous Wrexham again).

However Peterborough have seen me home several times before, so.....

Peterborough v Wrexham.....    home win.

BTW Ray, hope it went ok today. I''ll be in touch tomorrow (fri).

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now I have some exciting news, for you lovely old Pickers , I have been asking some of my local firms for sponsorship for the Free Bet and so far I have found a few that will sponsor to us as well as Dixmar as just a one off, one week sort of thing I have been asking for £11 and I have had a response from 3 who have agreed , why £11 well that would cover a £1 yankee bet ,where the Picker selects his 4 best of his 6 or however many he picks with his main bet with Dixmar , so 7rew when you make your selections if you put your 4 best at the top they will be covered in a Yankee bet which means if you only get 2 right we win .

Now arrdee is not going to miss out on this , so arrdee is shoving those others aside . Its arrdee meats  that is going to be the first  one in on this , I don''t intend to mention any other business interests I have. I don''t think it would be right and proper. 

If you don''t understand what I am saying to you I am sure that Nutty can explain it far more better than me. I will just say that you wont be joining Yankee and Fellas on arrdees line of fame only if you get all your selections right .[Y]arrdee.

Yankee 2,fellas,                                                                                                                                                                             £167.

[/quote]

Exciting news indeed Arrdee. Well done. It makes for even more interest and more regular winnings, because we should be able to get our 4 more dead certs to get a result easier than 6/7 selections.

Do i understand that you will be putting up this weeks £11 stake, to be followed by other business''s in following weeks ? If so it''s a brilliant idea and i can see us winning a regular, if smaller amount for the academy each week.

We caught Ivory Coast at right time at the weekend. Ive just watched them get thrashed 4-1 by Egypt.    

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright [Y]

I''m going north of the border for my nap this week. The two games that stand out for me are Rangers at home to Falkirk and East Fife at home to Stenhousemuir. Both Rangers and East Fife have impressive home records and are playing sides with mid-table away form. However, Ladbrokes go 1/5 Rangers and 2/5 East Fife and even though value doesn''t really enter the calculations on the free bet I am still going to nap East Fife.

East Fife V Stenhousemuir  Home win.

Good luck 7Rew[Y] I am sure you are just the man to follow in Fella''s footsteps........  Not ''arf [Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

My "nap" this week is Wycombe , for what its worth , I see "Leedscanary" has selected

Wycombe as well so I must be on the right road .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas, £167,

My choice this week is, Derby vs Spurs - AWAY WIN

It could be slightly risky as Spurs have only won away once this season but Derby have only claimed two points from the last 27 available at Pride Park. That coupled with a couple of new signings and the general upturn in their fortunes since the arrival of The Special Juande makes Spurs my nap for this week.

P.S. What''s all this four predictions and a yankee stuff about then Ray. I''m already feeling nervous about my turn (is this normal?) even though it''s six whole weeks away. Now I''ve got the extra concern that by then you might have decided that I have to predict every result in the Ridgeons League and the winner of Miss World and Eurovision before we win any money [;)].