Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Room 101

[quote user="Loomis9301"]

Think this may have been done before, but what would you like to see go into room 101, never to be seen again?

[/quote]

A Room 101 Team:

GK: Bywater

Danny Mills, Rio Ferdinand, Titus Bramble, Ashley Cole

Joey Barton, Lee Bowyer, Robbie Savage, Lee Hendrie

Didier Drogba      Darren Bent

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

Not much to add to that BBB - think you''ve covered most of it. Except, I don''t suppose we''re allowed to put the beginning of this season in there are we?

[/quote]

If the beginning of the season had never happened, would we be where we are now ?  Now there is a question [:)]
[/quote]

Lol! [:)][:)]

By the way, I reckon the real value of quantum physics is that it is proof that our idea of science has limits. You just can''t reduce it to predictable, logical patterns - I say, old chap, how extraordinarily irritating. [:)]     

All football phone-ins, but especially 606 on Radio 5.

Caller: "I''m sick of it, just sick of it.  There''s no pride, no passion, no commitment - we pay all this money - well, not me, I didn''t go today but I listened to it on the radio, but the point is we pay all this money and these players run around and just don''t care about (insert Premier league team name here)."

BBC Pundit (typically inarticulate and full of cliches): "So what would you do?"

Caller: "I''d get someone in like Kevin Keegan or Stuart Pearce.  Someone with a bit of passion and pride."

BBC Pundit: "Thanks for that.  Next is John from Devon."

John: "Hi, (pundit).  I''m a Man U fan and wasn''t at the game today, but why did Ferguson play 4-4-2?  What''s he playing at?"

(followed by 39 calls about Liverpool).

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Loomis9301"]

Think this may have been done before, but what would you like to see go into room 101, never to be seen again?

[/quote]

A Room 101 Team:

GK: Bywater

Danny Mills, Rio Ferdinand, Titus Bramble, Ashley Cole

Joey Barton, Lee Bowyer, Robbie Savage, Lee Hendrie

Didier Drogba      Darren Bent

[/quote]no room for Muscat?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

All football phone-ins, but especially 606 on Radio 5.

Caller: "I''m sick of it, just sick of it.  There''s no pride, no passion, no commitment - we pay all this money - well, not me, I didn''t go today but I listened to it on the radio, but the point is we pay all this money and these players run around and just don''t care about (insert Premier league team name here)."

BBC Pundit (typically inarticulate and full of cliches): "So what would you do?"

Caller: "I''d get someone in like Kevin Keegan or Stuart Pearce.  Someone with a bit of passion and pride."

BBC Pundit: "Thanks for that.  Next is John from Devon."

John: "Hi, (pundit).  I''m a Man U fan and wasn''t at the game today, but why did Ferguson play 4-4-2?  What''s he playing at?"

(followed by 39 calls about Liverpool).

[/quote]And we''ve got a text from John from Grimsby who says "how come you never talk about teams outside the Premiership?"  Which is nonsense, because we just featured Real Madrid and Barcelona.Nicky Campbell, Damian Francis, Steve Walsh, Ian Holloway, Jeremy Paxman and Jeremy Clarkson.  In fact, everyone called Jeremy except Goss.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Suffolk (let''s stick some outboard motors on their side of the Waveney, and float it out towards Denmark), Politics and politicians (people that want power shouldn''t have it), Religion ( for the same reason as politics), Hangovers and other critical illnesses, Reality TV, "Celebrity" Dancing / skating / running / yodelling / starving in the jungle competitions, Dale Winton, Keith Chegwin, Robbie Williams, Noel Edmonds, Simon bloody Cowell FFS, Hard House music, Bruce Forsyth, Property Developers (the kind that put some plaster-boards up, paint a house and then expect an extra 40k for it a week later), Cat poo in my garden, Council Tax increases, Energy bill increases, Cysts, Spots, Boils and Pustules, Door to Door Salesmen, Idiot Chavs who drive at 50 mph down my 30 mph road with their stupidly loud exhausts and mm-chick mm-chick music blaring out on a Friday night, Lazy Premiership reserve players who won''t go on loan to Championship clubs, Boy Bands,   The entire Bush dynasty, Joan Collins, Jackie Collins, That daft old bat who used to write 400 romantic novels a week and wear pink, Mr and Mrs Clinton, Clinton Cards, War, Pestilence, Famine, and the other one.  Is it Bono ?  Wolf off of Gladiators,  News Media generated climates of fear,  The myth that Elvis still lives, The Riverside Complex / Prince of Wales road (too much nightlife in a small area, asking for trouble, and killing old Norwich pubs too), quantum physics ( what''s the point of it ?  what does it do ? ), The european community ( same as quantum physics ), Lenny Henry.tv ( Why Lenny ?  Why ?  School Fees ? ),  The Vicar of bloody Dibley, Robert Kilroy-Silk, Tony Blair, Trisha, Jeremy Kyle, Jerry bloody Springer,  TV money for football.[/quote]i found myself nodding in agreement until you tried to consign the mighty cheggers into 101 - and then no blah x3 - you lost me!!!

You know I would put Club 101 in the Room.

They are the bunch that wear suits and occupy the block in the middle of the upper tier of the Norwich and Peterborough Stand.

They have a "dress" code and it really annoys me that our club goes to all the trouble to design attactive shirts for the supporters and the team and Club 101 wear dark suits every match day.

Pretty miserable atmosphere if we all wore dark suits!!

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

By the way, I reckon the real value of quantum physics is that it is proof that our idea of science has limits. You just can''t reduce it to predictable, logical patterns - I say, old chap, how extraordinarily irritating. [:)]     

[/quote]

I think it''s more a symptom of man''s overweening vanity, a refusal to admit Shopenhauer''s  insight that we can never know Things in Themselves- Hawking " knowing the mind of God " etc. 

I mean, Schroedinger''s poor bloody cat, honestly. And As Blahx3 pointed out, wave/particle duality my arse.

Jordan, Peter Andre, Chris Moyles, Kate Nash, Lilly Allen, any other mock Cockney singer I''ve missed, Richard Littlejohn, Ruth Kelly (there''s something profoundly annoying about her but I can''t work out what it is), Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, anyone who''s ever been on Big Brother, lorry drivers who block the outside lane of any dual carriageway when there''s a queue, Danielle Lloyd, the term ''glamour model'', Paris Hilton, Jon Gaunt, Ian Wright (actually let''s just put the whole of Talksport in there), the terms ''bonk'', ''romp'', ''sex act'' and ''too disgusting to print in a family newspaper'', Richard Scudamore, The Premiership, Super Sunday, Grand Slam Sunday, $tevie G and Frankie L, disabled drivers who park in the parent and toddler spaces at Tesco, Daily Mail, Daily Express, any other newspaper whose sole reason for existence is to scare the hell out of it''s readership, ''fans'' who boo when England pass the ball backwards in the first half of the new managers first game in charge [8o|], any mention of Princess Diana, The Queen. Prince Phillip, the rest of the royal family, God Save The Queen (let''s have something a little more uplifting [:D]), booing other countries national anthems, Alan Shearer, Kelvin Koogan, Newcastle United, Alan Hansen, Gary Lineker, that huddle that some teams insist on doing before kick off, all seater stadia, changes to the offside rule, The Champions League, G14, G4, Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne, blanket coverage of Britney Spears having a breakdown (oooh she''s shaved her hair off, how amusing [:|]), the cats that keep crapping on my front garden, the owners of the dogs who keep crapping on the pavement all over my village (Room 101 is too kind, I''m fairly liberal but I think we should bring back hanging for these people [;)]), Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and any other ''Day'' which exists purely to make card manufacturers richer.

Sky Sports News showing reserve team football highlights. (Chelsea Res V. West Ham Res. Excitng[|-)].)

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Jordan, Peter Andre, Chris Moyles, Kate Nash, Lilly Allen, any other mock Cockney singer I''ve missed, Richard Littlejohn, Ruth Kelly (there''s something profoundly annoying about her but I can''t work out what it is), Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, anyone who''s ever been on Big Brother, lorry drivers who block the outside lane of any dual carriageway when there''s a queue, Danielle Lloyd, the term ''glamour model'', Paris Hilton, Jon Gaunt, Ian Wright (actually let''s just put the whole of Talksport in there), the terms ''bonk'', ''romp'', ''sex act'' and ''too disgusting to print in a family newspaper'', Richard Scudamore, The Premiership, Super Sunday, Grand Slam Sunday, $tevie G and Frankie L, disabled drivers who park in the parent and toddler spaces at Tesco, Daily Mail, Daily Express, any other newspaper whose sole reason for existence is to scare the hell out of it''s readership, ''fans'' who boo when England pass the ball backwards in the first half of the new managers first game in charge [8o|], any mention of Princess Diana, The Queen. Prince Phillip, the rest of the royal family, God Save The Queen (let''s have something a little more uplifting [:D]), booing other countries national anthems, Alan Shearer, Kelvin Koogan, Newcastle United, Alan Hansen, Gary Lineker, that huddle that some teams insist on doing before kick off, all seater stadia, changes to the offside rule, The Champions League, G14, G4, Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne, blanket coverage of Britney Spears having a breakdown (oooh she''s shaved her hair off, how amusing [:|]), the cats that keep crapping on my front garden, the owners of the dogs who keep crapping on the pavement all over my village (Room 101 is too kind, I''m fairly liberal but I think we should bring back hanging for these people [;)]), Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and any other ''Day'' which exists purely to make card manufacturers richer.

[/quote]Awesome post. Can you stand for Parliament? I would vote for you. I assume your omission of Clarkson was accidental.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

I think it''s more a symptom of man''s overweening vanity, a refusal to admit Shopenhauer''s  insight that we can never know Things in Themselves- Hawking " knowing the mind of God " etc. 

I mean, Schroedinger''s poor bloody cat, honestly. And As Blahx3 pointed out, wave/particle duality my arse.

[/quote]Yes - only a physicist would shut a cat in a box with radioactive isotope and a phial of cyanide, just to prove a point. There''s an updated version - Schroedinger''s lottery ticket, where a lottery ticket has a chance of winning until you check it.