Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Has the penny droped with Chris Martin ?

Looks to me like chris has worked on his fitness and is finding the back of the net again.Lets hope that what glen has said to him over the last month or two has sunk in, it appears so to me.Could be perfect timing what with our poor goal scoring stats.Maybe time to get the kid back in the team and see if he can convert his reserves form into championship form.Got to be worth a shot .

[quote user="the1englishman"]Looks to me like chris has worked on his fitness and is finding the back of the net again.
Lets hope that what glen has said to him over the last month or two has sunk in, it appears so to me.
Could be perfect timing what with our poor goal scoring stats.
Maybe time to get the kid back in the team and see if he can convert his reserves form into championship form.
Got to be worth a shot .
[/quote]

I would be delighted if CM has got his head down and taken advice from GR. What makes you think he has improvd his fitness and is "finding the back of the net again" ?The last time I saw him play he missed a sitter in the first 5 mins of a game.

[quote user="the1englishman"]Looks to me like chris has worked on his fitness and is finding the back of the net again.
Lets hope that what glen has said to him over the last month or two has sunk in, it appears so to me.
Maybe time to get the kid back in the team and see if he can convert his reserves form into championship form.
Got to be worth a shot .
[/quote]

Interesting that he wasn''t loaned out a la Jarvis - I think Roeder sees his potential (but also that he needs a kick up the jacksy more than your average footballer.)

[quote user="the1englishman"]Looks to me like chris has worked on his fitness and is finding the back of the net again.Lets hope that what glen has said to him over the last month or two has sunk in, it appears so to me.Could be perfect timing what with our poor goal scoring stats.Maybe time to get the kid back in the team and see if he can convert his reserves form into championship form.Got to be worth a shot .[/quote]always liked the kid - gifted natural footballer - but yeah - obviously not applying himself and roeder makes sure theres no hiding place, which is right and proper.  we''ve also seen the roeder effect upon young crofty, and not just in terms of his fitness (looks like he''s shed a good 14lbs to me) - he''s looking confident and is starting to put some decent ball in.  at the mo - martin is probably behind dion, chedders, curo and even hucks.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Got to be worth a shot .
[/quote]

I would be delighted if CM has got his head down and taken advice from GR. What makes you think he has improvd his fitness and is "finding the back of the net again" ?The last time I saw him play he missed a sitter in the first 5 mins of a game.

[/quote]

It''s on the official site now that he scored a hat-trick for the reserves against Luton this afternoon, so this could be his big chance to impress Roeder and remind us paying fans what potential he has now that Cureton is out for 3-4 weeks after his appendix op.

Got to be worth a shot .
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just seen the report of the reserves game, CM scores three, good news indeed.

Not being funny, but if it is only Martin who can''t yet work it out that as Dubs and Hucks are most likely to both be off in the summer then he should be thinking about busting his @ss to work bleedin'' hard, cos he could stand a great chance of playing regularly for the team next season.

If he really cant work it out for himself then he should be thanked for his efforts and sent on his merry way to lower-leaguedom......

According to the Luton report they had a youth team back four,so the goals I fear need to be put into perspective.Too slow for the Championship. Send him on loan and see if he can do it week in and week out

He scored 3 in the reserves, which you would have seen if you read anything befoe posting....

Got to be worth a shot .
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

He scored 3 in the reserves, which you would have seen if you read anything befoe posting....

[/quote]

Yep and he said it himself later in the thread.  Which you would have seen if you read anything before posting....

[quote user="JC"]

Got to be worth a shot .
[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

That has already been pointed out in this thread, which YOU would''ve seen if you read anything before posting!

Not everybody reads the official site on a daily basis, and not everybody knew there was a reserve game in Luton in yesterday so there wasn''t much need for that.

Let''s all hope that hitting 3, regardless of the quality of the opposition, will restore his confidence.  It can''t have been easy for a young lad to have to read the comments about him in the media recently.  Goal scorers thrive on confidence and when they''re not going in nothing seems to help, ask Curo. I think we have seen that Martin has a certain amount of class about him, maybe it''s just the criticism that has made him doubt himself, and maybe this hat trick will go some way to removing that self doubt, together with a recall to the bench on Saturday? 

Martin or Hucks on the bench, if no loan comes in? There''s a conundrum.[^o)]

he scored 3 against a conference sides 2nd string... does that say more about the level he SHOULD be playing at or more about the fact he is on form again?

jas :)

Well it looks like Chris maybe leaving NC and going to play for Crewe, it''s a real shame if this happens, but he just hasn''t cut the mustard with the boss I guess, since he had his professional contract he''s not done anything much to talk of.

Wish him good luck if he leaves and hope he can knuckle down and become the footballer we all hoped he would be.

Seems odd that with the lack of strikers we have that we are even considering letting him go plus he''s been scoring for the reserves so that must be a plus point.

Unless we have another loanee coming in??

Chris, although undoubtebly a gifted player, knows he''s a potential star. A move to crewe would be a kick up the ass he needs to prove he''s not the next big thing.

I hope its just a temporary thing coz he reminds me of other precocious talents we''ve had before, notably Craig Bellamy. He has to learn to balance that attitude of "I''m ----ing brilliant me", with the team ethic, and where better to do this than at crewe, famous for nurturing young talent.

as for striker cover, I''m worried myself that we''re thin on the ground, but glenn roeder certainly aint stupid and I''m sure he has other options. He has got an extra loan option now with bates going back, but with his contatcts it could be another velasco, although striker wise obviously!!!

Or maybe delias playing up front, the self proclaimed saviour lol. sorry couldnt resist!