Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

The Pinkun (archant) and Andy Carroll

The pinkun is running a story "City''s tug-of-war for striker Carroll"

Of course in todays CW interview GR says he is NOT interested in any more loan signings because he can only play 5 of the 7 he has now.
He thinks all the loans signings have been really good in training.

Does Archant actually check with anyone (ie GR) to see if there is substance to a story apart from an agent bigging up his player?

Apparently the Web Team get their headlines and stories from the sports writers/editor so they are to blame.

Seems a bit odd to run both stories on the same day though??

[quote user="USAcanary"]

The pinkun is running a story "City''s tug-of-war for striker Carroll"

Of course in todays CW interview GR says he is NOT interested in any more loan signings because he can only play 5 of the 7 he has now.
He thinks all the loans signings have been really good in training.

Does Archant actually check with anyone (ie GR) to see if there is substance to a story apart from an agent bigging up his player?

[/quote]

Headlines sell newspapers.

I bought an EEN today after reading the billboard.

mugged me outa another 40p.

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]What do you think?[/quote]

Frankly its poor journalism.

Surely the person writing the story knew GR already had 7 loans and could only have 5 in the squad at one time.

Did the person writing the story actually contact ANYBODY at the club to see if there was some truth to the story?

Or should we assume the standard of journlism has fallen to the level of various "dodgy rumours" websites?

I think the answer can be found in a timeline - but this isn''t apparent from our websites.The Caroll story was written for the Evening News that went to print this morning, although it didn''t make it to the Evening News and Pink ''Un websites until 1pm.I suspect that Glenn would have been asked about this at the Thursday morning press conference (I''m presuming there was one... sorry, I''m not in the office right now to ask). I suspect Canaries World would have got there info here, as has Chris Lakey (EDP) - No more loans, says Roeder - which is now on EDP24 and Pink ''Un sites (after this thread was started). This story looks like it''s been written for tomorrow''s EDP because it mentions "when the loan window re-opens this morning" (which is Friday).

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

yet another thread moaning about archant, newspapers or headlines...

boring....

[/quote]

Well no-one''s forcing you to read it. I think it''s pretty valid.

Frankly its poor management , filling the squad with loans, promising their managers they will play and now we need a striker in on loan desperately we have not got that option .

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]I think the answer can be found in a timeline - but this isn''t apparent from our websites.

The Caroll story was written for the Evening News that went to print this morning, although it didn''t make it to the Evening News and Pink ''Un websites until 1pm.

I suspect that Glenn would have been asked about this at the Thursday morning press conference (I''m presuming there was one... sorry, I''m not in the office right now to ask). I suspect Canaries World would have got there info here, as has Chris Lakey (EDP) - No more loans, says Roeder - which is now on EDP24 and Pink ''Un sites (after this thread was started). This story looks like it''s been written for tomorrow''s EDP because it mentions "when the loan window re-opens this morning" (which is Friday).
[/quote]

No disrespect but what has the timeline got to do with anything?

The bottom line is that a story was posted without qualified sources.

Obviously the author never checked with anyone close to the situation as he would have been given the same answer that GR gave.

GR is going to have a hard job keeping the 7 loan players happy as it is. How in the world does the author think another loan player is going to work?

Sometimes it pays to think before you write.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]I think the answer can be found in a timeline - but this isn''t apparent from our websites.

The Caroll story was written for the Evening News that went to print this morning, although it didn''t make it to the Evening News and Pink ''Un websites until 1pm.

I suspect that Glenn would have been asked about this at the Thursday morning press conference (I''m presuming there was one... sorry, I''m not in the office right now to ask). I suspect Canaries World would have got there info here, as has Chris Lakey (EDP) - No more loans, says Roeder - which is now on EDP24 and Pink ''Un sites (after this thread was started). This story looks like it''s been written for tomorrow''s EDP because it mentions "when the loan window re-opens this morning" (which is Friday).
[/quote]

Obviously the author never checked with anyone close to the situation as he would have been given the same answer that GR gave.

GR is going to have a hard job keeping the 7 loan players happy as it is. How in the world does the author think another loan player is going to work?

[/quote] So who was the author of the Carroll story?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

So city lost 4-0  last weekend..... and now it''s archants fault !!

[/quote]

Huh?       This thread was posted weeks ago while we were in the middle of our good run?

My complaints of poor journalism have nothing to do with any specific result.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, if that was a prerequisite then this forum would be devoid of content.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Only from over the Atlantic of course.

OTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quote of the day, and it''s only 9am!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ipswichrscum"]

yet another thread moaning about archant, newspapers or headlines...

boring....

[/quote]

Well no-one''s forcing you to read it. I think it''s pretty valid.

[/quote]

agreed Graham... is he the sort of person who sits in front of the Tv whingeing about whats on when the Remote control is on his lap!

jas :)