Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Norwich City Kitty.

Looks like theres a lot more work been done on the Kitty website and its looking a lot more user friendly  now.

Theres also an update on there from 1st April which says

" Meanwhile we have been busy with the kitty site we are still waiting for those final bits and pieces to be sorted out, and they are the important parts that need to be 100% as we are in the firing line.

But the Kitty is going to happen now its not just talk, it''s no longer an idea and will be reality.

Supporters can soon back the team and the more this is supported the better the team will get.

By the way have a word with your bosses about advertising or sponsorship it should help them and add extra to the funds too.

thats all for now just keeping you updated. "

and the club still havent given it any public backing.. oh dear!

I see lots of egg on lots of faces...

jas :)

"Norwich and Peterbough b/s will soon be accepting payments in there branches."Learn to spell please, the website is not exactly inspiring....... surely with all the promises of lawyers and accountants and banks they could have nailed a web designer?

Just wondering how many of you know about website development?  Or about gaining authorisation to set-up a whole new bank account, which needs to be agreed with the top brass within a banking organisation and passed through their legal system prior to obtaining signatories and negotiating the finer details?  Or about setting up the consitution of a trust and the subsequent running and tax implications?

I''m not connected with the kitty, just a reasonably intelligent person who finds the blinkered views and short sightedness of the majority of posters on this message board a bit sad to be honest.  No doubt, one of the usual susopects will intimate that I should get back to class now......... 

I know a fair bit about website Development actually.. got a cousin whos a web designer and also my Ex girlfriend is too....

a website littered with spelling mistakes looks amateur... infact a website stuck on the internet before its anywhere near finished looks amateurish and puts people off using it when its up and running.

I agree with all your other points Clint... all spot on of course.... but the club has still nto given the oganisers any backing for the kitty whatsoever have they.. all the organisers said is that they had met with the club....

it doesnt matter 1 bit who is associated with the kitty, who is covering the tax liability, or whose signature is at the top of a piece of paper... if the club dont want to know theres no point in any of it is there?!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I know a fair bit about website Development actually.. got a cousin whos a web designer and also my Ex girlfriend is too....

a website littered with spelling mistakes looks amateur... infact a website stuck on the internet before its anywhere near finished looks amateurish and puts people off using it when its up and running.

I agree with all your other points Clint... all spot on of course.... but the club has still nto given the oganisers any backing for the kitty whatsoever have they.. all the organisers said is that they had met with the club....

it doesnt matter 1 bit who is associated with the kitty, who is covering the tax liability, or whose signature is at the top of a piece of paper... if the club dont want to know theres no point in any of it is there?!

[/quote]

JAS quote from Neil Doncaster in the EDP on the public announcement of the Kitty......

The  Kitty was discussed with club chief executive Neil Doncaster who said "We welcome ALL supporter initiatives to raise money for the club. There are a huge number of supporters organisations who are already doing just that and we are very grateful to all of them. We wish Mr Walpole luck with this initiative and, of course we hope that it successfully raises funds which can stregthen the managers hand in the transfer market"   So JAS from that you read, that Mr Doncaster said the club wants nothing to do with it and are not interested in the idea, the outcome, or accepting any money from it?  I really wish I could read in between the lines with the skill that you do it!

I must admit when I first heard of this idea, I was not keen, then when John Tilson posted the website details and I saw what the Kitty site looked like I was even less impressed.

But after looking at the site now it looks really good and far better than some of the other supporters websites, at least you can read it without having to use a your grandads strongest specs unlike NCISA''s site. What I like about it is the way you can link to just about anything you want from it, such as Pinkun website, Skysports, Live score centre, NCFC official site, and they even have google search built into it.

I am still not sure if the idea will work but I think we have to give them credit for getting off their backsides and trying to do something to help the club, maybe some of you who have really laid in to them should just wait and see what becomes of it, you never know, it might just work and if they only mange £100,000 or so its something.

[/quote]

1.   Companies rarely give there public backing to an idea in the development stage.  What they tend to give is the encouragement to go forward and develop it into a finished product, which I would imagine is exactly what has happened on this occasion.  I strongly doubt that the Norwich City Kitty would have been taken to this stage without some positive noises from the finance team at the club.

2.   A website made live accidently before completion is unfortunate but it is what it is, an accident.

3.   An ex-girlfriend and cousin in the trade does not qualify you as someone who knows a bit about web design.  My wife is a hairdresser, I know f.all about colours, highlights, razor cutting etc.  By the same token she knows f.all about commercial kitchens which is my trade.

I agree with the poster who criticised the blinkered opinions shown on this thread.  Lets wait for the official launch and the facts first.  I have questions I would like to know the answers to as well.  I am sure everything will be revealed soon.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]"Norwich and Peterborough b/s will soon be accepting payments in there branches."

Learn to spell please, the website is not exactly inspiring....... surely with all the promises of lawyers and accountants and banks they could have nailed a web designer?
[/quote]

Thank you for pointing out my typing error, I hadn''t noticed this but it will be rectified for you today, Although this probably was the result of tiredness, as I was working on the site in the early hours again.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

1.   Companies rarely give there public backing to an idea in the development stage.  What they tend to give is the encouragement to go forward and develop it into a finished product, which I would imagine is exactly what has happened on this occasion.  I strongly doubt that the Norwich City Kitty would have been taken to this stage without some positive noises from the finance team at the club.

2.   A website made live accidently before completion is unfortunate but it is what it is, an accident.

3.   An ex-girlfriend and cousin in the trade does not qualify you as someone who knows a bit about web design.  My wife is a hairdresser, I know f.all about colours, highlights, razor cutting etc.  By the same token she knows f.all about commercial kitchens which is my trade.

I agree with the poster who criticised the blinkered opinions shown on this thread.  Lets wait for the official launch and the facts first.  I have questions I would like to know the answers to as well.  I am sure everything will be revealed soon.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more Jimmy, well said. There are alot of issues with this but I think we need to see whats what, before saying the scheme is doomed to failure. I, for one, am not going to rule out anything until such time as the Kitty team have it up and running. It seems to me after reading what City Angel posted that the Kitty team are either having problems (which it doesn''t look like from the website), or, as is more likely, they are talking their time and making sure its watertight, and peoples concerns about the Kitty  are being ironed out.

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]"Norwich and Peterborough b/s will soon be accepting payments in there branches."

Learn to spell please, the website is not exactly inspiring....... surely with all the promises of lawyers and accountants and banks they could have nailed a web designer?
[/quote]

Thank you for pointing out my typing error, I hadn''t noticed this but it will be rectified for you today, Although this probably was the result of tiredness, as I was working on the site in the early hours again.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t pat to much regard to I beat Atlanta, I think what you have done looks good and I will be using the site.

I noticed an article by Mr Walpole on one of the supporters site, I wonder what the big thing is thats going to get us all wanting to get involved?http://norwichcity.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/norwich-city-kitty-an-update-straight-from-the-horses-mouth/

Theres an update on WOTB today

Good Morning Wrathers. Just to let you all know the launch of the Kitty is very close, so don''t forget to empty out your piggy banks and help the fund. Also pop along and have a look at the website www.norwichkitty.com from the site you can access loads of things. Also at the time of launch we are going to offer one fan who signs up the chance to win a prize of a lifetime worth over £25,000. Details of the prize etc will be given on the official launch day

Looks like its close to being launched now.

[quote user="Mister Positive"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

JAS quote from Neil Doncaster in the EDP on the public announcement of the Kitty......

The  Kitty was discussed with club chief executive Neil Doncaster who said "We welcome ALL supporter initiatives to raise money for the club. There are a huge number of supporters organisations who are already doing just that and we are very grateful to all of them. We wish Mr Walpole luck with this initiative and, of course we hope that it successfully raises funds which can stregthen the managers hand in the transfer market"   So JAS from that you read, that Mr Doncaster said the club wants nothing to do with it and are not interested in the idea, the outcome, or accepting any money from it?  I really wish I could read in between the lines with the skill that you do it!

[/quote]

partly because he said it on Radio Norfolk before the Hull game...

as organiser of the kitty perhaps you can tell me.. has the club given you ANY kind of agreement that they will accept the money or not?

or is this public soundbyte all you have to go on?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mister Positive"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

partly because he said it on Radio Norfolk before the Hull game...

as organiser of the kitty perhaps you can tell me.. has the club given you ANY kind of agreement that they will accept the money or not?

or is this public soundbyte all you have to go on?

[/quote]

Hi Jas

I had a meeting before I went to press with Neil Doncaster and Andy Cullen and with out going in to all the details, the upshot was the club will see me in X number of months with myself presenting them with a cheque.

really... how come i have got it in writing from a member of the board that the club cannot back the scheme?

So the club have told you two both something different ??

really... how come i have got it in writing from a member of the board that the club cannot back the scheme?

[/quote]

Well I must have dreamt the meeting then, because you seem to be a man with so much influence and power within the club that the Directors write letters to you stating what they will be and wont be doing.

Yes its me again Mr POSITIVE,let me please quote a club senior official from a meeting that i was in attendance at held recently at Carrow Road ."it is an independent venture and whilst the club welcome new sources of funds it would not be appropriate for the club to endorse individual initiatives".That old boy is backed up in black and white minutes in my possession and everybody else who was in the room that evening.Call me negative or whatever but explain that in your own good time as after all it was you who told us all to hold our breath back on 7th February,yes February.

Can you copy the contents of the email or letter you got on here Jas and who it was from, then it will put the matter to rest.

Mr Positive, i do want the Kitty to succeed.. of course i do.. what city fan wouldnt want the club to be succesful...

But when you went to the meeting did the club say they would actually ACCEPT any money in this way or did they say it was a good idear and they would be interested in it,....

has anyone from the club contacted you since your meeting t see how you are getting on? Are u filling the club in every step of the way? or have they just thanked you for meeting them and for your idear and not contacted you since?

you seem a decent chap, with the clubs best interests at heart.. as every Norwich fan has... but im just worried your going to end up with a lot of egg on your face.. particularly if the club does turn down the money, how are you going to refund all of these people?

As for the correspondence i have got from the club.. i have got it on my hard drive now.. want a copy?

[quote user="cityangel"]Can you copy the contents of the email or letter you got on here Jas and who it was from, then it will put the matter to rest.[/quote]

Mr Tilson has basically summed up what it says CA.. i cant post the email on here im afraid as the Mods have stated in the past due to the personal nautre of emails they cant be posted on the forum..

It was from Neil Doncaster though... i politely asked him what the clubs take on the kitty was... as mr Tilson also appears to have confimation of this... the club are not backing the kitty.

which is a shame, as it could of worked.. but without club backing it simply can''t.

[quote user="cityangel"]Can you copy the contents of the email or letter you got on here Jas and who it was from, then it will put the matter to rest.[/quote]

Mr Tilson has basically summed up what it says CA.. i cant post the email on here im afraid as the Mods have stated in the past due to the personal nautre of emails they cant be posted on the forum..

It was from Neil Doncaster though... i politely asked him what the clubs take on the kitty was... as mr Tilson also appears to have confimation of this... the club are not backing the kitty.

which is a shame, as it could of worked.. but without club backing it simply can''t.

[/quote]

Jas,  if you would let me have your details  Iwill explain where the misunderstanding  is coming from. As you said its not the right place to discuss what was said, but I now see how you have the idea you have, but the club WILL take the money raised from the Kitty, and I can expand on this. regards Iain

[/quote]

Fair enough, still think I''ll keep an open mind until the launch and until I know more about the people running the project. Besides with the club having said '''' whilst the club welcome new sources of funds it would not be appropriate for the club to endorse individual initiatives''''  surely that doesnt mean they don''t want the Kitty to help them or wouldn''t accept the money to buy players??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Fair enough, still think I''ll keep an open mind until the launch and until I know more about the people running the project. Besides with the club having said '''' whilst the club welcome new sources of funds it would not be appropriate for the club to endorse individual initiatives''''  surely that doesnt mean they don''t want the Kitty to help them or wouldn''t accept the money to buy players??

[/quote]

City Angel, You have it spot on, It would not be right for the club to endorse the Kitty, as to some supporters it would seem that the club is working with a scheme that is asking for fans money. 

Can you imagine the "Fall out" from that? Supporters ranting about what they already "give" to the club, and saying now they are asking us for more! This is the reason NCFC do not endorse the Kitty, but as I have been saying for weeks they will take anything we raise.

I hope for evryone following this thread that it settles this misunderstanding, and we can go onwards and upwards in raising money to help build the Premiership standard club that we all want, and all deserve.

HERES TO THREE POINTS AND RUINING THE BINNERS PLAY OFF DREAMS TODAY. 

TAKE HUCKERBY AT 9/2 TO SCORE AT ANYTIME IN THE 90 MINS TODAY (EASY MONEY) OTBC

Hi everyone, I have just read the recent threads and just wanted to add a thought to what is being said about the clubs acceptance of the Kitty.

If the supporters back the scheme they will be saying loud and clear to the board that they wish for more money to be invested in the squad, the club does a fantastic job of providing  great facilities but are clearly struggling to find extra investment for the team. The supporters will be saying that they are prepared to help in this area, after all all fans will benefit from having a stronger and better team.

If this is the wish of the fans and they are putting effort in to helping the club how could the club say no?  For our Kitty to work it needs support from the fans to show full force what we can do together, this is not just down to the organisers of the Kitty, every supporter is important and their contributions collectively will mount up.

Just like turning up the volume when we are standing together supporting our team today against Ipswich, ''we stand as one''.

The better the team performs the club will benefit through its usual money making channels, so strengthening the team through our support can really make a difference.

Make The Kitty Your Homepage!   

But the club will take donations directly from anyone. Why do they need money to be channeled through a third party? I''d rather send my cheque to NCFC than a bunch of people I''ve never heard of...... Not that I''ll be sending a cheque at all mind you!! Tickets and a few £100 in the club shop is enough for me ta....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Yes its me again Mr POSITIVE,let me please quote a club senior official from a meeting that i was in attendance at held recently at Carrow Road ."it is an independent venture and whilst the club welcome new sources of funds it would not be appropriate for the club to endorse individual initiatives".That old boy is backed up in black and white minutes in my possession and everybody else who was in the room that evening.Call me negative or whatever but explain that in your own good time as after all it was you who told us all to hold our breath back on 7th February,yes February.[/quote]

Others have already summarised but the key word here is ''endorsed''.  This is not the out of hand rejection of the idea you claim it to be.  As I have said in a previous post.  Companies rarely give public backing to ideas in priniciple/development.  What they do give is an indicator of interest.  I sincerely doubt that the Norwich City Kitty would have got this far without some positive feedback from NCFC.  The people who are organising this are not fools, would they have taken it this far if they had known it was a no-hoper.

We have the NCISA bloke and Jas both attacking with barrells and neither have the full picture.  It is potentially you two who are going to end up with egg on your faces.  I have questions, issues and things I want clarified too.  But unlike you I am happy to wait until the big reveal and see if my questions are answered then.  If not then I will ask away.

I agree with Jimmy, I have questions, concerns and issues too but will wait for the launch and then make my mind up.

For your information Jimmy 500 the Kittymeisters have had ONE meeting and ONE meeting only with NCFC officials and it was a listening exercise only and you seem quick off the mark to slag Jas and myself off but also claim that the Kittymeisters are no fools.Nobody has a clue who is running the Kitty except that Cannycanary and Mr Positive are called Iain and Steve so maybe you could enlighten us mere mortals as to what their backgrounds are and financial credibility they hold to run what they tell us will be the best thing financially to arrive at Carrow Road since Delia appeared on the scene.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]For your information Jimmy 500 the Kittymeisters have had ONE meeting and ONE meeting only with NCFC officials and it was a listening exercise only and you seem quick off the mark to slag Jas and myself off but also claim that the Kittymeisters are no fools.Nobody has a clue who is running the Kitty except that Cannycanary and Mr Positive are called Iain and Steve so maybe you could enlighten us mere mortals as to what their backgrounds are and financial credibility they hold to run what they tell us will be the best thing financially to arrive at Carrow Road since Delia appeared on the scene.[/quote]

I am not slagging off anyone.  What I am merely saying is the Iain & Steve will probably enlighten you as to who they are when this thing goes live.  Their financial credibilty isn''t important at this stage, none of us have donated a penny yet and probably wont until (if at all) we have the big picture. 

And can you please tell me how you know that they have had one meeting with the board.  They haven''t kept you in the loop on anything else so why should this be any different.  Also do the club report to you on every single unofficial meeting they have.  Probably no I would imagine.

Truth is you are in the dark as much as the rest of us.  Thing is though is that you have an advantage.  With your position of power you could find out the answers to all the questions you have.  All you have to do is pick up the phone and have a chat or request a meeting.  I am quite sure the Kitty will not turn away from a respected football organisation such as yourselves.  If they do then they will lose a massive chunk of everyones respect before they have even earnt it.  Do you not agree?