Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Norwich City Kitty.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so the club have said they want nothing to do with it, are distancing them selves from it.. and have not given it any type of approval...

that says all it needs to say....

the kitty is dead everyone.. put ur 50p''s back in ur money boxes....

the "cheif exec" of a high street bank says its brilliant.. but then he isnt on the board of Norwich City FC is he? anything that makes a bank money is going to be "Brilliant" isnt it...

Only a mug will put their money into it! it wont be going in 12 months time.. in fact it wont be going in 12 weeks time if THE CLUB want nothing to do with it.

jas :)

[/quote]

I have read the Pinkun message boards for sometime, but have never bothered to join in and post. I was looking back at the original story the Eastern Daily Press ran about the Norwich City Kitty and it does have a quote from Neil Doncaster it says " We welcome all supporter initiatives to raise money for the club." "There are a huge number of supporters organisations who are already doing just that and we are very grateful to all of them."  We wish Mr Walpole luck with  this initiative, and of course we hope that it successfully raises funds which can strengthen the managers hand in the transfer market".  I hardly think that is the club saying they are against it or are distancing themselves from it, more like the more the merrier.

I don''t think this idea is without some hopes of raising some funding, and I can''t get my head around why some of you are so anti this scheme. I don''t think I will be giving money to them as I can''t really spare the cash, but give them a chance you never know.

Like Dickleburgh Dick, I too have read these boards for many years, and have been moved to comment on this issue. Let me first stress that I have no connections with any persons involved in setting up this kitty. I really cannot believe the vitriol being displayed by opponents to this scheme. It seems to me to be a novel approach, and I think its opponents are showing extremely sour grapes. I wonder if they are jealous because its not their idea? Well - perhaps instead of telling the kitty''s organisers to get in touch with them, maybe they should be getting in touch with the kittys organisers, because I think its this sort of initiative that people like the supporters association should have generated themselves.

Well thank you Mr Positive and Canny Canary for your replies.

May I first of all apologise for the Freudian slip over Crabby and Canny, which was not intentional and probably in line with all my other gramatical and typing errors.

I for one will now sit back and wait for the grand launch in April, waiting to be suitably impressed by the "thing" to be revealed.  The main reason for me shutting up though is that I feel that this project has already had more publicity than it deserves.

So yes let us go back to talking about where the serious investment in NCFC is going to come from.

It is more important that one of Delia, the Turners, Peter Cullum, or Sheik Canary put in a few million than £3.43 is donated by the Kitty even if it is twice a year.

Thank you Mr Positive and Canny Canary for your posts, I''ll look forward to hearing all the finer details in the launch in April.

Jas :) We have been told by mister positive that everything will be displayed for us and explained when the kitty is launched properly so please be patient, we are not mugs nor raid our piggy banks but are true loyal City fans and as fans we want this kitty to work dont we?

Do you actually in person have insight to the club directors and know they want nothing to do with it, as i didnt pick this up at all in fact mr positive explained clearly about this.

If the banks didnt think this idea could make good money for the club it wouldnt bother, so the bank obviously has more information than what has been released to us so far.

The team are obvioulsy very busy working on the site (which i personally think looks great) and are putting everything into place for launch and the press, so I really wish them all the best with this.

If it gives us a better team and helps our club then we would be '' mugs'' not to give this our support.

Doncaster said it on Radio Norfolk before the Hull game that the club cannot accept anything like this....

I''ll have a chat to him and Munby outside the ground before the next home game and ask them what they think.... see if they have given their personal acceptance of the kitty or not...

Also, if it was that easy and that great then why has no other club done it before? your telling me that no one else has had an idear like this?

theres a reason no one else has done it before.. and thats the clubs just wont entertain the idear... like i said.. if the club says NO then the Kitty needs to pay back all subscribers and wind up....

Agree with you Jas 100%.  This is a very complicated project.  Looking forward to seeing how it is going to work.

Also, the question I ask myself is what if I give money to fund, and the fund gives money to the club, and the club uses the money to buy the next David Strihavka or Ian Murray.  Will we be able to opt out and say, we can''t fund that he''s sh**e.

Guess he is asking that as 3 weeks have gone by are we any closer to the launch of this project?

Whats happened to the Kitty website, its gone.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Guess he is asking that as 3 weeks have gone by are we any closer to the launch of this project?

Whats happened to the Kitty website, its gone.

[/quote]

Pussyfootin'' around? It''s all Feline on deaf ears?

Maybe the kitty has been fraternising/caternising with the local smelly Tomcat - and has been dragged off to the vets to be neutered?

Or, they''re probably awaiting a claws to be inserted somewhere?.......

Not a big enough Cats-ment area?....No-one able to pick up the Tab-by?....It''s only got as far as a Furball agreement?.....[:|]

Before i get accused of being against the Kitty and Mr POSITIVE and CANNYCANARY get on my case i will just let you all know that i have written evidence of the Clubs view on this matter.I will keep my powder dry on the matter but it is now some two months since Chris LAKEY did his article in the local press which was obviously KITTYMEISTER originated.Forgive me guys but i would have thought you would have got your "ducks in a row " beforehand as you have only got yourselves to blame for not being taken seriously.Talk of accountants,solicitors,web managers,Banks giving you "mates rates " bla bla bla has come to nothing i strongly suspect.Go on prove me wrong as it is about time you named names.I was informed you could make payments at local N & P branches so i put it to the test at Plumstead Road and guess what ? Mystified looks from behind the counter.

interesting post Tilly.

i still stand by what i said.. when Doomcaster said before the hull game that the club can neither support nor accept anything like this for various reasons, i knew straight away that the Kitty wouldnt go ahead.

Its ok the organisers saying they have the backing of the world and his wife and have "big names" associated with it.. but the 1 deciding factor is if the club says NO then theres no point is there?

If you were buying a car and it didnt have an engine in it would you still buy it hoping it would run?

Just a quick reply, went into N&P in Dereham today, and they too had never hear of the NCK, rather strange seeing as the launch is April, which isn''t many days away [:^)]

What the heck is going on?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Just a quick reply, went into N&P in Dereham today, and they too had never hear of the NCK, rather strange seeing as the launch is April, which isn''t many days away [:^)]

What the heck is going on?

[/quote]

Looks like the kitty will remain nothing but a nice idear doesnt it?

I don''t know what''s going on Jas, what puzzles me is that nothing seems to have happened, the N&P who are supposed to be involved know nothing about the NCK, all very odd if you ask me.

To be fair, if you went into a branch of the N&P (or any bank) and asked about any forthcoming business account being opened it''s unlikely that the teller would have any information about it - other than an account name/number once it appears on their system.

I don''t think you can read anything into that.

John Tilson  (Chairman)
John  is the former landlord of the Cottage PH on Silver Rd, Norwich, where the association was formed in 1995. He served in the police force for 25 years and was the Football Intelligence Officer for Norwich City 1985-1992.

He is now a season ticket holder in ''The City Stand right behind the home dug out, a shareholder and member of the Supporters Consultative Group (SCG). He was the treasurer of NCISA on its formation, and is now Chairman. A regular away traveller, John has seen City play at over 80 league grounds plus Europe, Wembley and Cardiff during his 45 year association with the Canaries.

Ex copper, says it all really...

I have nothing to do with the kitty but as for trying to put money into the Kitty before it has even started, well DUH!!!!!!!!!!  I doubt a teller is going to have any information about it, let alone before it is even up and running.  Pathetic from the NCISA Chairman, then again after said organisations flip flopping and club pandering over Worthington it is hardly surprising.

I spent some time working for said building society some years ago, and

trust me, denial or ignorance of said scheme does not mean that it

doesn''t exist such was the quality of the training...

That said, I still think the whole idea is a non-starter and have said

so since it was first mooted.  Others have already mentioned my

biggest qualm witht he scheme - what happens when the manager uses the

"Kitty" to buy a player the fans don''t like....?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

John Tilson  (Chairman)
John  is the former landlord of the Cottage PH on Silver Rd, Norwich, where the association was formed in 1995. He served in the police force for 25 years and was the Football Intelligence Officer for Norwich City 1985-1992.

He is now a season ticket holder in ''The City Stand right behind the home dug out, a shareholder and member of the Supporters Consultative Group (SCG). He was the treasurer of NCISA on its formation, and is now Chairman. A regular away traveller, John has seen City play at over 80 league grounds plus Europe, Wembley and Cardiff during his 45 year association with the Canaries.

Ex copper, says it all really...

I have nothing to do with the kitty but as for trying to put money into the Kitty before it has even started, well DUH!!!!!!!!!!  I doubt a teller is going to have any information about it, let alone before it is even up and running.  Pathetic from the NCISA Chairman, then again after said organisations flip flopping and club pandering over Worthington it is hardly surprising.

[/quote]

Who said anything about putting money in???  I was in there on business and  I simply enquired about the NCK is all.

£1.3m to come from the basic fees of McKenzie and Green (see debtors on the Accounts Balance Sheet)

£0.6m to come from the profit on the Jan 08 transfers

£1.5m from the sale of Crofts player registration (hopefully)

£0.2m from the sale of the Jarvis brothers (hopefully)

Say £2m from general cashflows

and we have a transfer kitty for this summer...................

Didn''t the club also say that the transfer fees of Earnshaw and Etuhu would be added to the transfer budget?

Citizen Journalist Foghorn you must be from another planet if you think that NCISA "flip flopped and pandered to the club " over WORTHINGTON.I suggest you ask DOOMCASTER and FERRARI how NCISA was viewed by the club in the final weeks of the said managers reign.We were almost locked in the Castle dungeons for daring to call a public meeting at St Andrews Hall. The "DUH!!!!!!!" comment obviously shows that you have not looked theThe Kitty website which right now at this precise moment in time tells you that cash payments can be made at any N&P branch. As for you having a problem with me as NCISA chairman and an Ex copper well i think i will still sleep easy tonight.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Citizen Journalist Foghorn you must be from another planet if you think that NCISA "flip flopped and pandered to the club " over WORTHINGTON.I suggest you ask DOOMCASTER and FERRARI how NCISA was viewed by the club in the final weeks of the said managers reign.We were almost locked in the Castle dungeons for daring to call a public meeting at St Andrews Hall. The "DUH!!!!!!!" comment obviously shows that you have not looked theThe Kitty website which right now at this precise moment in time tells you that cash payments can be made at any N&P branch. As for you having a problem with me as NCISA chairman and an Ex copper well i think i will still sleep easy tonight.[/quote]And it also states quite clearly that the site is UNDER CONSTRUCTION so please state all the facts or none at all !!

I have no views on the kitty either way Mr. Tilson but I find your attitude towards it very strange. As I see it, if it succeeds then the club will benefit, if it fails, then tough, but to constantly criticise poeople who are trying to help our club makes me question your motives.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Citizen Journalist Foghorn you must be from another planet if you think that NCISA "flip flopped and pandered to the club " over WORTHINGTON.I suggest you ask DOOMCASTER and FERRARI how NCISA was viewed by the club in the final weeks of the said managers reign.We were almost locked in the Castle dungeons for daring to call a public meeting at St Andrews Hall. The "DUH!!!!!!!" comment obviously shows that you have not looked theThe Kitty website which right now at this precise moment in time tells you that cash payments can be made at any N&P branch. As for you having a problem with me as NCISA chairman and an Ex copper well i think i will still sleep easy tonight.[/quote]

Yeah whatever - I weent to said meeting at St Andrews and spoke on a couple of occasions.  Locked in the castle dungeons....  rubbish.  Another win by Worthy and you guys were right back to flip flopping.   And Yes NCISA flip flopped and pandered at the end of the season and towed the club line.  Absolute muppets if you ask me.

Who is this ''Doomcaster'' you speak of??

I thought you had already been told the Kitty website is still in beta testing stages... 

To be fair if the webpage has on it that you can make cash payments in the N&P then that is both misleading and wrong and should be removed from the said webpage.  My local N&P knows nothing of the NCK, so how are people to supposed to pay into something the N&P know nothing about?  If they know nothing about it, and nothing is on their database then in my eyes the account does not exist.

To be fair it does say clearly on the Donations page - Do Not Use - site is under construction so I would assume that the bank account hasn''t been activated yet.

Maybe after the ref to ''''you can pay in at the Norwich & Peterbough" they could have added as from 1/5 or whatever.

Exactly CA, I''m not normally critical of these things starting up, in fact normally all in favour of people developing new ideas to help the club, but I''m sorry to say it looks at the moment very amateurish, no offence[:)]

Blimey,the other week i was called a pillock on this message board and now i am a muppet.With regard to Mr WORTHINGTON and the NCISA stance i suggest someone has a word with Kathy Blake who had a "hug and kisses " greeting everytime she met Delia to a very frosty blank stare after the St Andrews hall meeting.The Chief Executive and Mr FERRARI have on more than one occassion had heated discussions about the NCISA stance on certain issues other than the subject of WORTHINGTON. On a staff apprasial when a serving Police Officer my Inspector described me as a man who "does not suffer fools gladly".Believe me CFJ fence sitting has never been a hobby of mine which is what i assume covers your "flip flopping".