Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Norwich City Kitty.

Could you tell us who the team are who are putting this idea together and a bit about them?

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

All the fund needs is Support !!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]No, the fund needs money. You''re being as overtly defensive as the people you consider to be ''attacking'' your idea and wanting it to fail. Nobody wants it to fail.... but this is passing the bucket yet again. Lets say you raise £250k for a new player over the next 5 years. Will the fund pay his wages? Or are the club expected to take an ''extra'' player on just to apease the donators. If he''s not an ''extra'' player, then the club would have bought him anyway. Seriously, how are you going to feel when after 10 years you raise £500k and the club buys Andy Hughes Mk 2  ??I hope you have a legal and an accountant on board because you''re going to need to register this as some form of charity I would imagine to escape tax liability.....whats the score there?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]" It is unlike anything done by any supporters fund before " My question is simple.How do you know that when you have not spoken to any other NCFC money raising group or Association ? You have not asked to meet anyone from any of these groups who have spent at least the last twelve years raising hundreds of thousands of pounds on behalf of fans for various projects associated with NCFC. Give it whatever fancy name you like but at the end of the day it is attempting to expect the same 20 odd thousand fans to dig ever deeper in their pockets. Please do not construe this post as being negative but i have spoken to people inside and outside the corridors of Carrow Road and your vision i have to say is viewed as idealistic but not realistic.[/quote]

Please do not construe this post as being offensive but:

It is unlike anything other funds have done before it has a different policy, one that protects the supporters funds and helps the club !! It also has different Structure.

Indeed you were invited to by Ian Walpole to discuss what we had in mind. You declined to take up the opportunity and invitation !!!

20 odd thousand fans? there are many more than this regionally let alone globally, the 24,000 fans every week at the home games show how popular and important the club is to this region. We are not looking at this in the small way that you have stated.

You may have discussed this with various people but i find it hard that you could do this and call it unrealistic or idealistic when you have not got the full facts, only an outline has been released to test the reaction of supporters and start a debate and this we believe has been positive considering it is not been properly presented.

and lastly

Norwich Kitty is a great name i''m surprised no one has used it before ....

"Attack ..." said that he would rather give the money to Unicef or "something more worthwhile". In truth ,you could apply this moral to most things  that bring us pleasure ... that extra pair of new shoes, that extravagent night out and so on. Most of us probably have a conscience and contribute to charity. I do and it is helpful in justifying money spent in my own interests. Nobody should be in total denial. There has to be a balance.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Cannycanary"]

All the fund needs is Support !!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

No, the fund needs money. You''re being as overtly defensive as the people you consider to be ''attacking'' your idea and wanting it to fail. Nobody wants it to fail.... but this is passing the bucket yet again. Lets say you raise £250k for a new player over the next 5 years. Will the fund pay his wages? Or are the club expected to take an ''extra'' player on just to apease the donators. If he''s not an ''extra'' player, then the club would have bought him anyway.

Seriously, how are you going to feel when after 10 years you raise £500k and the club buys Andy Hughes Mk 2  ??

I hope you have a legal and an accountant on board because you''re going to need to register this as some form of charity I would imagine to escape tax liability.....whats the score there?
[/quote]

All will be presented in good time hopefully at the end of the month maybe earlier but we have to put the work in to show people properly, This will something that people will clearly understand when presented but in the mean time what we are doing is letting people know this idea has not gone away and answering a few questions whilst we are at it.

I can say that i understand your fears but this has been addressed. This fund will work in the supporters and teams interest whilst helping the club at the same time.

Please remember myself and others putting this together are Norwich City supporters who are donating our time and expertise to get this together. Our main objective is to help improve the football.

[quote user="cityangel"]Could you tell us who the team are who are putting this idea together and a bit about them?[/quote]

All will be presented at the launch, I can say the people who are putting this are not doing this for self publicity, its only for the purpose of putting in place a long term solution to Norwich team financing.

Cannycanary let me inform you that i sent an e-mail via this website and received a reply from iain WALPOLE ( that is the correct spelling i believe ) and he flatly refused to engage me in any form of dialogue.I am more than happy to meet anyone anywhere to discuss this "Norwich City Kitty ". If my maths are correct this £500 bet that has been thrown down regarding a six figure sum being raised inside the first year means nearly 1700 people paying £5 per month. I have also read on this thread about support amounting to 38% .This is 38% of what exactly. What fans were canvassed and how many to achieve this figure ? Finally Mr WALPOLE was e-mailed my home and mobile telephone number on 24th January and the silence at my end is deafening !

this is a really difficult subject for me.  It was something that I initially wanted to get involved in but due to external matters was unable to.

It is very easy to see this working, there are similar schemes at other clubs and I hope the runners of the City Kitty have spoken to them - they are open and affable people who have run great schemes.  Admittedly they work at a lower leauge level (leauge one) as players are cheaper to buy/pay.

People need to stop bashing the scheme and support it - I mean what is the point of putting it down - what has anyone got to gain from this - it is a brave and ambitious effort to support our club - donations are a purely voluntary thing here - so people please donate if you wish and if you do not wish to dont criticise as it gets us nowhere.

There was a poster earlier from broadstairs who is obviously an exile as i was once - he made comments that only an exiel can really apprectaite, there is a bigger supporting circle than the 24 thousand that turn up each game.  These maybe the people who will support the scheme more. 

This scheme will also be easier to support as we will know that every penny goes directly to the player fund and not be used to fund the club in any other way.

Go or it I say - I will be paying me monthly sum in (as long as the kitty is able to get someone to sponser them for direct debiting!!!!!!!)

Where have i said that i am against this scheme ?  This attitude that if you are not on board you must be against it is not true.Why are observations and questions regarded as negative?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Where have i said that i am against this scheme ?  This attitude that if you are not on board you must be against it is not true.Why are observations and questions regarded as negative? [/quote]

We are taking on board all supporters concerns and we are fully behind their concerns as we are "Supporters" who want the club to be successful. We do not view concerns as negative as it helps constuctively in our mission to help fellow supporters and the club. What is hard to understand is why your previous post said "idealistic and not realistic" when in your own admission you haven''t had contact with myself or Mr Walpole to hear the full facts.

I''m sure that you will support the scheme as it has key differences and I believe all associations may have different agenda''s and methods which will attract different supporters,

Please understand what we are putting together has a large structure, being done in our spare time (which is now none existent) between running businesses etc, we are trying to complete this for presentation. All associations etc will be fully informed and we intend working well along side them as this only benefits the club.

I hope now that this helps.

Regards steve

[quote user="The King of Prussia"]So what is the fund''s charitable purpose?
[/quote]

To help the happiness of the counties children if need be. We are working to achieve charitable status so full benefits of the Kitty are available to the club. The Fund will achieve the best financial position.

[quote user="Mister Positive"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im not scpetical but this idear really isnt going to work...

a fan pays £366 pound or whatever it is for a season ticket.. ontop fo all this they have to fork out for all home cup games... Supposing that fan is a regular away traveeler too.. that could come into the thousands of pounds spent on transport, Tickets etc....

when at Carrow Road that fan could but a programme, another £3, a pint £2.50 and a pie (dunno how much they are,, about £1.50 arent they?)

Lets take a look at how much that could all cost...

Â£18-27 for a match ticket (we will say 27 for this example)

£27+£3 Programme+£2.50 pint+1.50 pie.. add to that the cost of Petrol for someone driving in from say, thetford thats an extra £10...

total it all up thats £44... repeat that 23 times a season for league games = 1012 this does not include cups or away games...

and they expect the fans to stick more money into a nameless fund, which Neil Doncaster said on Radio Norfolk before the last yhome game is a good idear in principal but one the club wont be in support of, and this wont get off the ground...

Its taken 12 years for the canary account to raise 250,000 how long will it take this kitty to produce any realstic money watsoever?

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas, A recent article by a Journalist on a NCFC related website stated that the idea was a non-starter for various reasons, the main one being lack of support. The website then decided to run a poll, we had based or model on 25% support (which the Journalist said was un-realistic) by the time the poll had finished 38% said they would contribute. After that result the said Journo ate humble pie in his follow up article.

[/quote]

that also means that 62% wont..... the majoirty statisitc speaks volumes...

I wont be contributing... if the fund takes 10 years to raise 250,000 (which is more realistic than rasing it in 12 months) we have some money towards a player... will the club have to fork out the rest? you say the fund is to sign Quality for Norwich City...what quality will we get in 10 years time for a piddly amount of money?

Its a nice idear, it really is.. but ur basing it on the fact that people "Might" contribute.... it will be popular for a few months, might even make a season.. but what happens when people stop putting money in... they are going to expect to see instant results.. have you taken this into consideration?

you wont make it a charity... its a holding account used to make money for a local business... "making children happy" wont convince those who make the decision.. Father Christmas makes children happy in the mall every year and he isnt run as a charity is he... its a long shot... this will be set up as a business and will have to pay a tax liability on moneys earned. Can you afford the start up costs for offices? advertising? Literature, possible Sponsorship of the organisation?

I wish you the best of luck, but i wont be investing.. im Out! to quote a popular BBC 2 TV show.

jas :)

If 38% of our total fanbase contributed a fiver a month it would be a very tidy sum, in fact if the results of a fairly recent survey putting our total fanbase at over 400k are anything to go by it could raise hell of a lot of money. Can''t really understand why so many people are knocking the organisers of this scheme, it is obviously being done with the best intentions and at the end of the day it is an individuals choice whether or not he wants to contribute.

I just cannot understand why the organisers of this scheme did not try and get as many people as possible on board before embarking on a mission to have a major input into NCFC player transfer dealings. Not one question or observation on this thread has been answered by those directly involved .Mumbo Jumbo about everything being put in place by professional peole who have given their time and energy for free is insulting to the dozens of mere mortals who have done just that since the fall of CHASE working hand in hand with firstly Gordon BENNETT and currently Andy CULLEN etc. on numerous financial schemes for the benefit of NCFC.How nice to know we have been p+ss++g in the wind and you guys have all the contacts.How about Mr POSITIVE and CANNYCANARY posting their respective cv''s on this thread ?

We are working to achieve charitable status so full benefits of the Kitty are available to the club. The Fund will achieve the best financial position.

[/quote]I think you''re on really tricky ground there. Also that may (though I doubt) avoid the tax liability of the fund, but what about tax liability of NCFC recieving unearned income?

The finer details such as status "charitable or not" taxation etc is being addresses and looked at, as for taxation again these will be addressed in the best possible way under professional advise.

The set up is getting closer and should be ready to present at the end of the month.

Nice to see that charitable status and taxation are regarded as the finer points ! One can only only imagine what the major issues are with regard to this scheme.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Nice to see that charitable status and taxation are regarded as the finer points ! One can only only imagine what the major issues are with regard to this scheme.

[/quote]LOL.... Major issues will be the font on the letter head and who will stump up the £30 for Companies House......

The finer details such as status "charitable or not" taxation etc is being addresses and looked at, as for taxation again these will be addressed in the best possible way under professional advise.

The set up is getting closer and should be ready to present at the end of the month.

[/quote]

Can I ask if you''re consulting with  the Trust and NCISA before your plans are finalised?

Well it''s almost the end of the month, am looking forward to the revealing of the NCK.

People have raised quite a few valid points, a few which haven''t been addressed so far.  You want fans to get involved, give us something to get excited about.

With any business starting up, a presentation package is normally made available setting out what the company is all about, what the aims are, who is involved and what part they play, also realistic targets for the future.  I know it has been said this will be ran as a charity, so what is the actual aim of the charity.  If you are asking fans to give money, you have to clearly set out what they are giving to surely?

If you are asking fans to invest, then that''s a whole different matter, and my one big question would be, if each fan invested say £500 per year, and eventually enough was made to buy a player, then that player was sold on, how would the profit made be shared out to the fans that have invested?  Or would the kitty keep any profits for further players? 

This has been a very interesting thread, coming as I do from an accountant''s perspective.

It is clear that to set up something like this from scratch as a new "organisation" is going to struggle over credibility.  With respect to the posters that are involved how do we knoe who you are or that you aren''t merely fraudsters?  I''m sure you are not but I''m not sure enough to give you my money!

Equally how do I know that you actually have a clue what you are doing?  Fine to talk in terms of accountants and solicitors being invoved, but in these days of increased regulation it might be difficult to get them to actually endorse this rather than just agree to do the books or sign a form.

When so much effort has already gone into the Supporters Trust that have raised the sum of £23,000 over several years for use in transfers by the club, it is difficult to omprehend the plans you have.  However when the "founders" stump up an initial £100,000 each and reach the first million I''m sure I will eat my words!

But then again .........

I wonder what the football club stance is because having spoken directly to a senior executive at Carrow Road i understand that they have had just the one meeting with Mr WALPOLE and as i was told "We will listen to anyone who wishes to give the club money " Hardly an endorsement or a signal that the scheme has been embraced and given the clubs blessing !

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I wonder what the football club stance is because having spoken directly to a senior executive at Carrow Road i understand that they have had just the one meeting with Mr WALPOLE and as i was told "We will listen to anyone who wishes to give the club money " Hardly an endorsement or a signal that the scheme has been embraced and given the clubs blessing !

[/quote]

But surely the club will have to agree to work closely with these two guys for the scheme to work Tilly?

Will there be a meeting to launch the scheme to the fans Mr Walpole?

Just wondered if the launch is nearly ready as its the end of the month?