Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Norwich City Kitty.

Has anyone heard the latest on the transfer fund idea? Haven''t heard anything for a couple of weeks now.

Hi,

Here''s an update on developments of the Norwich City Kitty. We have been very busy in the background getting this together incorperating new ideas and setting clear rules to how this kitty will be used, in the interest of the supporters and what we believe te fans will agree will benefit the footballing team.

When we get the full plan and system together which hopefully will be by the end of the month, it will be presented here along with media coverage.

This is different to what has been done before it and a team of professionals have been coming on board

We have been listening to peoples views and responces and believe that what will be presented will meet many people''s expectations although we expect sceptic''s who will want us to fail.

Remember this is solely in the interest of the good football, better quality costs money and the Kitty is designed to help us compete in the transfer market, increasing year on year. You support is needed in the interest of  Norwich City football club.

what ever happend to the

give money to norwich scheme couple weeks ago? any more come of it?

oh well soon be early bird time when club take another couple hundred off 20k of you

i think you have money to spend in summer, but if you havnt the board would have truely robbed all of you!!!

[quote user="we8wba"]

what ever happend to the

oh well soon be early bird time when club take another couple hundred off 20k of you

i think you have money to spend in summer, but if you havnt the board would have truely robbed all of you!!!

[/quote]

No offence we8wba but you as an outsider can see that the board are making mugs of us,so surely all NCFC fans can see as well?

Im not holding my breath.........

[quote user="we8wba"]

what ever happend to the

[/quote]

Do you ever engage your brain before you post?

[quote user="C.T "]

No offence we8wba but you as an outsider can see that the board are making mugs of us,so surely all NCFC fans can see as well?

[/quote]Well perhaps you''d like to clarify why you think you''re being turned over? Lots of finger pointing on here but no specific allegations. We are a PLC so I''m sure Inland Revenue. HMC&E and the police would be very pleased to hear from you. The restaurant makes money, commercial sales are amongst the best in our league, wages are down by well over £1m......Thanks Helveg et al.I wonder if Roeder would have come had we still been running up the mud hill on Mousehold with backpacks full of bricks. We have facilities second to none in this league and better than many in the Prem and sell tickets at carefully marketed prices that keep the fans coming back. Carra is an affordable, very pleasant ground to come to - hence to the total disbelief of other clubs, even when bottom of the league we sell out.  Thats down to the board. Fans are fans, we''re no more loyal or passionate than any other bunch of fans.The team is down to successive managers spunking the clubs money on less than average journeymen (which most of you seemed desperate to again panic buy this January - you dont learn). Again and again the board have come forward with transfer funds and the wages capital to support those signed contracts. 2006/7 gate receipts were  £7.7m out of a total turnover of £24m. Only £2.4m of that was player profit. Yes of course I''m aware of creative accounting, but as a PLC its impossible to hide money. You can pull money from one year into another, but ultimately it is accountable. Quite where they find the money astounds me.Lets have some specifics fall off the bandwagon as it ignorantly rolls along shall we? I''ll do my best to get specific answers to specific questions. Cant say fairer than that.

Would "clear rules " cover such basics as a constitution and a democratically elected committee ? As you will be handling considerable amounts of  "dosh " what about trustees ? Is it too much to ask who those "professionals " are who have come on board  because surely their identities will be revealed as all solicitors and accountants i know want publicity for their respective firms ?

Bloody stupid idea...

Give the board yet more money to spend on off field activities or pay the Donksters over inflated wages...

This idea will never get off the ground and if it does then I pity the fools that sign up for it.

Have people just not learnt that this board of directors shouldn''t be trusted with a brass penny yet???

[quote user="Smudger"]

Have people just not learnt that this board of directors shouldn''t be trusted with a brass penny yet???

[/quote]

You obviously have Smudger old boy and dare I say it but a lot of supporters should realise quickly as well.

before you critise me im judging this on my point few, may not be right, if information wrong then please correct me ok.

you(the supporter) invest £250 average season ticket 20,000 times thats 5m

you got 30m promotion money, i know not at start season but thats cheapiest you prob got then merchandise more ticket sales which i will exclude

who did you sign in prem? helveg (2m max with wages?) bentley loan (say 500k max) charlton (free)

main other one ashton 3m

ok you came down - you signficant signing are

signed etuhu 800k? safri 1.5m? earnshaw 3m? marshall 2m? dave striker 800k? russell 800k any more be helpful lol but you sold ashton for say 7m etuhu 1.5m safri 1m earnshaw 3m

so really on those you are about even without counting your season ticket sales and your so called 30m, well i know you pay wages etc... but how much in total? i know you want some money safe and not do a leeds, bradford etc.. and lose drastic amounts if failure to go up

but surely somewhere norwich are missing the 30m as tv money and gate reciept would cover your wages. and your probably in profit in transfer dealing by about 5-6m in past 3-5seasons

on think just thought green as well for round 3m wasnt it

im not just saying its norwich, several clubs have this problem. but us loyal fans always get kept in the dark

im only saying it to stir

but just wondered wheres it all gone? and if you got it, why isnt the one good thing of your season (roeder) be given a few crack at the league instead playing with peanuts

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Would "clear rules " cover such basics as a constitution and a democratically elected committee ? As you will be handling considerable amounts of  "dosh " what about trustees ? Is it too much to ask who those "professionals " are who have come on board  because surely their identities will be revealed as all solicitors and accountants i know want publicity for their respective firms ?

[/quote]

Just to clarify.

1) A constitution is being drafted and clearly presented which has clear rules between the supporters Norwich Kitty for Norwich City football club. All will be revealed at the launch but it will reflect and protect Norwich supporters kitty whilst helping the club at the same time.

2) A committee will be formed from professionals important to the structure, originally based on the willingness to carry out works through goodwill for essentials such as legal & accounting etc. but also from a team of business people brought together to make Norwich Kitty possible.

Remember all this has to above board and legal as all concerned have reputations to uphold within the community.

Please understand that full details cannot be revealed until completion and systems that are ready to be used.

But I can tell you there is an awful lot of work and thought being put into this and it is unlike anything done by any supporters fund before this for the club.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="C.T "]

[/quote]

Well perhaps you''d like to clarify why you think you''re being turned over? Lots of finger pointing on here but no specific allegations. We are a PLC so I''m sure Inland Revenue. HMC&E and the police would be very pleased to hear from you. The restaurant makes money, commercial sales are amongst the best in our league, wages are down by well over £1m......Thanks Helveg et al.

I wonder if Roeder would have come had we still been running up the mud hill on Mousehold with backpacks full of bricks. We have facilities second to none in this league and better than many in the Prem and sell tickets at carefully marketed prices that keep the fans coming back. Carra is an affordable, very pleasant ground to come to - hence to the total disbelief of other clubs, even when bottom of the league we sell out.  Thats down to the board. Fans are fans, we''re no more loyal or passionate than any other bunch of fans.

The team is down to successive managers spunking the clubs money on less than average journeymen (which most of you seemed desperate to again panic buy this January - you dont learn). Again and again the board have come forward with transfer funds and the wages capital to support those signed contracts. 2006/7 gate receipts were  £7.7m out of a total turnover of £24m. Only £2.4m of that was player profit. Yes of course I''m aware of creative accounting, but as a PLC its impossible to hide money. You can pull money from one year into another, but ultimately it is accountable. Quite where they find the money astounds me.

Lets have some specifics fall off the bandwagon as it ignorantly rolls along shall we? I''ll do my best to get specific answers to specific questions. Cant say fairer than that.

[/quote]

Nice one Centurion [;)]

[quote user="we8wba"]

but surely somewhere norwich are missing the 30m as tv money and gate reciept would cover your wages. and your probably in profit in transfer dealing by about 5-6m in past 3-5seasons

[/quote]

Oh if only it were that simple, perhaps in Wolerverhamperton it is. Nice to see you''ve had a proper look at the books!

Just what colour is the sky on planet Wolves [:S]

" It is unlike anything done by any supporters fund before " My question is simple.How do you know that when you have not spoken to any other NCFC money raising group or Association ? You have not asked to meet anyone from any of these groups who have spent at least the last twelve years raising hundreds of thousands of pounds on behalf of fans for various projects associated with NCFC. Give it whatever fancy name you like but at the end of the day it is attempting to expect the same 20 odd thousand fans to dig ever deeper in their pockets. Please do not construe this post as being negative but i have spoken to people inside and outside the corridors of Carrow Road and your vision i have to say is viewed as idealistic but not realistic.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]" It is unlike anything done by any supporters fund before " My question is simple.How do you know that when you have not spoken to any other NCFC money raising group or Association ? You have not asked to meet anyone from any of these groups who have spent at least the last twelve years raising hundreds of thousands of pounds on behalf of fans for various projects associated with NCFC. Give it whatever fancy name you like but at the end of the day it is attempting to expect the same 20 odd thousand fans to dig ever deeper in their pockets. Please do not construe this post as being negative but i have spoken to people inside and outside the corridors of Carrow Road and your vision i have to say is viewed as idealistic but not realistic.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.

BTW, welcome to the forum.  Time on your hands now you''ve sold The Cottage?

While I will admit to not reading every thread, this one did catch my eye yet again, and also the articles in the papers this past month or so.

Whilst it''s an interesting idea, for most ordinary fans, it''s not a realistic one.  For a start a good few fans are season ticket holders and pay the club a fair whack of their income for those season tickets, then you have the members who pay their bit into the club, the ordinary punters who will pick and choose what they go and watch, but also put money into the club.  The club also generate income from the various food outlets, the club shop, the online shop, and also not forgetting the people who pay for boxes which also gives money to the club.

Fans have in the past dug very deep in their pockets for the club, buying a brick, shares etc.

So on top of the money we as fans already pay out, there is yet another scheme being proposed to raise money for what purpose?  I am pretty sure it''s not that clear, or maybe it''s just me. [:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]" It is unlike anything done by any supporters fund before " My question is simple.How do you know that when you have not spoken to any other NCFC money raising group or Association ? You have not asked to meet anyone from any of these groups who have spent at least the last twelve years raising hundreds of thousands of pounds on behalf of fans for various projects associated with NCFC. Give it whatever fancy name you like but at the end of the day it is attempting to expect the same 20 odd thousand fans to dig ever deeper in their pockets. Please do not construe this post as being negative but i have spoken to people inside and outside the corridors of Carrow Road and your vision i have to say is viewed as idealistic but not realistic.[/quote]

TIL 1010, You were given the chance to enter in to dialogue with myself about the Kitty, I gave you my email details, my telephone number, but you decided to spout your negative views on this forum rather than talk to me. As for people in or outside of Carrow Road what they have said to you is NOT what has been said to us. Its very easy for people to slag off other peoples attempts to help the club, why not forget about what we are doing and carry on with your own schemes.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Bloody stupid idea...

Give the board yet more money to spend on off field activities or pay the Donksters over inflated wages...

This idea will never get off the ground and if it does then I pity the fools that sign up for it.

[/quote]

Smudger, I know you like to comment on all things NCFC, but please make sure you have read the article and know how the scheme works before posting. Money from the Kitty is only available for the purchase of players NOTHING else. Bloody stupid idea? A bit  like your failed protest against the board then.

im not scpetical but this idear really isnt going to work...

a fan pays £366 pound or whatever it is for a season ticket.. ontop fo all this they have to fork out for all home cup games... Supposing that fan is a regular away traveeler too.. that could come into the thousands of pounds spent on transport, Tickets etc....

when at Carrow Road that fan could but a programme, another £3, a pint £2.50 and a pie (dunno how much they are,, about £1.50 arent they?)

Lets take a look at how much that could all cost...

Â£18-27 for a match ticket (we will say 27 for this example)

£27+£3 Programme+£2.50 pint+1.50 pie.. add to that the cost of Petrol for someone driving in from say, thetford thats an extra £10...

total it all up thats £44... repeat that 23 times a season for league games = 1012 this does not include cups or away games...

and they expect the fans to stick more money into a nameless fund, which Neil Doncaster said on Radio Norfolk before the last yhome game is a good idear in principal but one the club wont be in support of, and this wont get off the ground...

Its taken 12 years for the canary account to raise 250,000 how long will it take this kitty to produce any realstic money watsoever?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im not scpetical but this idear really isnt going to work...

a fan pays £366 pound or whatever it is for a season ticket.. ontop fo all this they have to fork out for all home cup games... Supposing that fan is a regular away traveeler too.. that could come into the thousands of pounds spent on transport, Tickets etc....

when at Carrow Road that fan could but a programme, another £3, a pint £2.50 and a pie (dunno how much they are,, about £1.50 arent they?)

Lets take a look at how much that could all cost...

Â£18-27 for a match ticket (we will say 27 for this example)

£27+£3 Programme+£2.50 pint+1.50 pie.. add to that the cost of Petrol for someone driving in from say, thetford thats an extra £10...

total it all up thats £44... repeat that 23 times a season for league games = 1012 this does not include cups or away games...

and they expect the fans to stick more money into a nameless fund, which Neil Doncaster said on Radio Norfolk before the last yhome game is a good idear in principal but one the club wont be in support of, and this wont get off the ground...

Its taken 12 years for the canary account to raise 250,000 how long will it take this kitty to produce any realstic money watsoever?

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas, A recent article by a Journalist on a NCFC related website stated that the idea was a non-starter for various reasons, the main one being lack of support. The website then decided to run a poll, we had based or model on 25% support (which the Journalist said was un-realistic) by the time the poll had finished 38% said they would contribute. After that result the said Journo ate humble pie in his follow up article.

The likely outcome of the kitty is that it will die a death with a few hundred quid in the bank. Does that get returned to donaters............ or handed to a charity maybe....?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]The likely outcome of the kitty is that it will die a death with a few hundred quid in the bank. Does that get returned to donaters............ or handed to a charity maybe....?
[/quote]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I tell you what I will have a £500 bet with you that the Kitty raises a minimum of a six figure sum (in pounds not pence) in its first year and when I win I will give it to the fund. You up for that?

Why automatically knock this idea? True, it may well prove difficult to set-up and could well turn out not to be the  success anticipated by its'' protagonists. However, from the thought and planning that is being put into the scheme,  it seems destined to get off the ground with some success. That means transfer money into the club at the very least. What''s to lose?

I agree entirely with previous posters who state that many fans (season ticket holders, away day fans, pie eaters, shirt buyers etc.) spend a lot of their hard-earned already on the club and at times have a right to question the policy of the Board. I can understand their reluctance to contribute more.

BUT, what about, fans like myself who have moved away from the area and follow the team from afar. Unquantifiable, but you  can bet there are many multiples of 24,000 who come into this bracket.

I get a lot of enjoyment following the football team of the city in which I was born.  This includes a deep interest in all the affairs of the club as well as reading the Pink Un  and other boards, reading this and other message boards, watching highlights and the occasional game on TV. and enjoying any downturn in fortunes down the road.

I contribute nothing to the club, although I am aware that I could open a bank account or even buy online from the shop. The last time I came to Carrow Road was over three years ago. If I see a live city game, it is with an occasional London visit, usually to Crystal Palace, when my money goes into their coffers.

I am sure that many "exiles" like myself would welcome this chance to contribute in some way and therefore pay something back for the  pleasure we get in the continuing existence of Norwich City F.C.

THERE ARE A LOT OF US.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Why automatically knock this idea? True, it may well prove difficult to set-up and could well turn out not to be the  success anticipated by its'' protagonists. However, from the thought and planning that is being put into the scheme,  it seems destined to get off the ground with some success. That means transfer money into the club at the very least. What''s to lose?

I agree entirely with previous posters who state that many fans (season ticket holders, away day fans, pie eaters, shirt buyers etc.) spend a lot of their hard-earned already on the club and at times have a right to question the policy of the Board. I can understand their reluctance to contribute more.

BUT, what about, fans like myself who have moved away from the area and follow the team from afar. Unquantifiable, but you  can bet there are many multiples of 24,000 who come into this bracket.

I get a lot of enjoyment following the football team of the city in which I was born.  This includes a deep interest in all the affairs of the club as well as reading the Pink Un  and other boards, reading this and other message boards, watching highlights and the occasional game on TV. and enjoying any downturn in fortunes down the road.

I contribute nothing to the club, although I am aware that I could open a bank account or even buy online from the shop. The last time I came to Carrow Road was over three years ago. If I see a live city game, it is with an occasional London visit, usually to Crystal Palace, when my money goes into their coffers.

I am sure that many "exiles" like myself would welcome this chance to contribute in some way and therefore pay something back for the  pleasure we get in the continuing existence of Norwich City F.C.

THERE ARE A LOT OF US.

[/quote]

I welcome your support and thank you for you view which has been discussed by the team who are putting this idea together. Everyone will have to wait for the final presentation of the Kitty and its very likely certain individuals would like nothing more than to condemn the City Kitty.

It is a fact as previously stated in past posts that the is a tremendous amount of supporters for Norwich City who do not or cannot support the club financially, but they are fans that experience the same emotions the joy and heartache through following the team. The team and its football is essentially the one and only thing they experience so to have a fund that generates revenue for a transfer fund.

We had a fantastic result today and just maybe we could make the play offs, from then on its anyone guess who will end up at the play off final.

After this wouldn''t we all wish we could pull together for next season?

With this Manager wouldn''t we like him to have funds available?

All the fund needs is Support !!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I tell you what I will have a £500 bet with you that the Kitty raises a minimum of a six figure sum (in pounds not pence) in its first year and when I win I will give it to the fund. You up for that?

[/quote]No. See what I mean? Even a sure fire bet like that and I''m still reluctant to part with £500, so what chance have you got of getting fans to give up hard earned for the club to buy another Murray? You might get lucky and get some business to right off some tax money, but then they''d likely have done it anyway..... if not to your fund to something more worthwhile. If I''m going to give money I''d rather it go to Unicef......