Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

That's what we got. So that's what we'll have to make do with.

I''m as disappointed as anybody that we didn''t sign any permanent players yesterday. However we did get some loanees and we did extend Ched''s loan until the end of the season.

I don''t think that we are skint and I don''t think we are rich. My guess is we couldn''t get the players we wanted at anything other that inflated January prices. We are not the sort of club who ever pays over the odds. So we changed tact and went for more loans.

Like I said I wish we had gotten a permanent deal or two but it wasn''t to be this time.

We have to put this transfer window to bed now and get on with supporting the team including the new loan signings.

We have been in excellent form and I see no reason why that can''t continue under the strong leadership of Mr Roeder. He has got our boys fighting and is bring the best out of players like Crofty. Maybe he is backing the boy''s he has to continue this excellent fight back from the jaws of relegation and therefore doesn''t see the need to bring in direct replacement at this time. We have cover in many positions now. Even up front with the option of Huckerby playing there.

I think we are all keen to build on our current squad but we have to wait until we can get players we want at reasonable prices. Until then we are doing just fine and long may it continue.

A sensible post.  Why cant people get their heads around this reality and the fact that for once we seem to have a manager who knows what he is doing and is his own man?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

I''m as disappointed as anybody that we didn''t sign any permanent players yesterday. However we did get some loanees and we did extend Ched''s loan until the end of the season.

I don''t think that we are skint and I don''t think we are rich. My guess is we couldn''t get the players we wanted at anything other that inflated January prices. We are not the sort of club who ever pays over the odds. So we changed tact and went for more loans.

Like I said I wish we had gotten a permanent deal or two but it wasn''t to be this time.

We have to put this transfer window to bed now and get on with supporting the team including the new loan signings.

We have been in excellent form and I see no reason why that can''t continue under the strong leadership of Mr Roeder. He has got our boys fighting and is bring the best out of players like Crofty. Maybe he is backing the boy''s he has to continue this excellent fight back from the jaws of relegation and therefore doesn''t see the need to bring in direct replacement at this time. We have cover in many positions now. Even up front with the option of Huckerby playing there.

I think we are all keen to build on our current squad but we have to wait until we can get players we want at reasonable prices. Until then we are doing just fine and long may it continue.

[/quote]

Careful, you moderates! I agree here, GR hasn''t had a duff deal yet and I''m happy we won''t be bullied into paying more than a player is worth - we''ve been a soft transfer touch for too long and it''s time that stopped.

I have had to come round to this arguement today.

I still trust Glen totally, and yesterday was his call, so I''m happy to flow with it.

There''s no point in beating ourselves up over it, its done and dusted now, so lets get behind the newcomers, if I can do that.................anyone can!.[;)]

You say its a fact we seem to have?? Theres no fact that Roeder is his own man. Theres about as much fact in that as me saying ''''its a fact GR has his strings pulled by the board. He can only operate with what he has and my fear is if the board fails to back him in the next window and he continues doing a good job at CR we''ll have a Mr O''Neill scenario on our hands.

We are not skint. Those loans don''t come cheap, but I still don''t think all our loans added together amount to the money Ipsqueak have wasted on Norris, talk about being held to ransom. I know which I''d rather have. It seems GR is a smooth operator. Like everyone else he has agreed to work within the budget, he can''t go screaming to the board asking for more and I''m glad he didn''t give in to that scarlet woman, brady. I think he''s making good use of what''s available. At least he isn''t saddling us with a bunch of second rate inept players on long contracts which we have to pay up in order to get rid of.

Also Ipsqueak fans will now have to work extra hard on their ch pronunciation or they will lose half their ''repetoire''. They should''ve thought of that.

Play-offs here we come, GR''s revolutionary all new premier starlet academy barmy army!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

You say its a fact we seem to have?? Theres no fact that Roeder is his own man. Theres about as much fact in that as me saying ''''its a fact GR has his strings pulled by the board. He can only operate with what he has and my fear is if the board fails to back him in the next window and he continues doing a good job at CR we''ll have a Mr O''Neill scenario on our hands.

[/quote]

Thats not what I was told by the coaches I talked to at Dunston...

Thats not what Glenn is saying.. quite the contrary.. hes says the funds for Tiny/Patterson were made available... and he will have even more in the summer..

He seems a decent honest man ... he hasn''t messed up so far... I do not see why he should be lieing can''t we just support Glenn and the team now ??

[/quote]

I think your view is a much supposition as any on here. Truth is something that rarely goes hand in hand with business. We have to accept that the board we have is the board we have. If they are pulling GR strings and we are heading for another Mr O''Niell scenario then at least we will be doing it whilst still in the championship.

People expect too radical a change and you have to come to terms just like 1st Wiz does that it won''t happen over night.

We got our man in the end in the form of Glen and that was something that took time.

I''m not a lover of our board but similarly you can''t just bash them ad-infinitum. What good does it do. After the appointment of Glen we all sighed. What that chinless wonder with no personality. Now look he''s not a naughty boy he the "messier"

Change is need at our club but it will be gradual. Too many people want a play off place before the relegation battle is even over. I want steady progress which allow us to sensibly achieve our long term goals.

At the moment I think that is going just dandy.

[/quote]

Don''t spread it about, but I''ve heard there actually is no such person as Glenn Roeder!!! It''s all a conspiracy consocted by Delia, Doomcaster & their cronies. He is, in fact, a hologram, invented by a mad German scientist (Strangecove, or something) whose research has been funded by squirreling away unspent transfer funds & has been carried out in a secret underground bunker at Colney ........

I believe the next part of their hideous plan involves annexing Poland ......

I''m going for a nice lie down now.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

I think your view is a much supposition as any on here. Truth is something that rarely goes hand in hand with business. We have to accept that the board we have is the board we have. If they are pulling GR strings and we are heading for another Mr O''Niell scenario then at least we will be doing it whilst still in the championship.

People expect too radical a change and you have to come to terms just like 1st Wiz does that it won''t happen over night.

We got our man in the end in the form of Glen and that was something that took time.

I''m not a lover of our board but similarly you can''t just bash them ad-infinitum. What good does it do. After the appointment of Glen we all sighed. What that chinless wonder with no personality. Now look he''s not a naughty boy he the "messier"

Change is need at our club but it will be gradual. Too many people want a play off place before the relegation battle is even over. I want steady progress which allow us to sensibly achieve our long term goals.

[/quote]

It wont happen at all... another summer of false promises.... another drab season doing just enough to stay up.... add nausea... [+o(]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Errrmmm i get you....''''It wont happen over night''''!! What?? It hasn''t effin happened in a dozen and more years!![:O]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wont happen at all... another summer of false promises.... another drab season doing just enough to stay up.... add nausea... [+o(]

[/quote]

You might be right. Then again you might not. What my original post was concerned with is that we have to make do with what we did get in the window.

My call was really to those who attend to embrace who we got rather than lament about who we didn''t.

Face facts we are never going to break the bank. I''d honestly recommend to anybody to stop supporting the team if all you will accept is big time signings and finishing 3rd in the premiership.

Promotion to the premiership is achievable on a budget we have proved that ourselves. staying there is another matter. However for the want of 1 win and maybe just a bit better management and we might still be there. Glen could well be that bit better manager.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Errrmmm i get you....''''It wont happen over night''''!! What?? It hasn''t effin happened in a dozen and more years!![:O]

[/quote]

What?? It hasn''t happened in a dozen and more years. Did you miss the season we won this league. How about the season in the Premiership. We could even say the season we went to Cardiff wasn''t a bad one.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What?? It hasn''t happened in a dozen and more years. Did you miss the season we won this league. How about the season in the Premiership. We could even say the season we went to Cardiff wasn''t a bad one.

[/quote]

yeah and every time Prudance got the better of ambition and we are now at a point of battling the season to avoid relegation yet again with a team we''ve hired! Wonderful stuff!!

Those seasons didn''t actually happen, Hardhouse.  It was all one of Wiz''s dream spells, did you ever watch Dallas in the 80''s when one entire series was all one of Pam Ewings dreams?  Exactly the same thing, we were actually in the conference at the time & Delia paid Wiz to sprinkle stardust over the entire city, to make us forget.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah and every time Prudance got the better of ambition and we are now at a point of battling the season to avoid relegation yet again with a team we''ve hired! Wonderful stuff!!

[/quote]

What do you want then. That''s the real problem. We all want star players we all want total football and we all want to be winning the league. But we aren''t at that point. As I said earlier I''m no fan of our board. I feel strongly that the made drastic mistakes, especially in the premiership season. I was appalled with it appointment of Grant. However was I impressed with the appointment of Roeder. At the time NO I was not. I judged a book by it''s cover. But as I began to learn more about the man I realized he was an intelligent, articulate guy who has proved in a short space of time that he has as good a credentials as we as a team in our current situation could ever hope to have obtained. For that we have to thank the board.

If you thought that we were going to splash big money like say Ipswich did on Norris then you were naive. Yes as my original post say a permanent player or two would have been nice. We were not able to get the ones we wanted so we chose another option for the time being. What would you have preferred more panic buy like under Grant where we end up with another Brown or Strihavka, Brellier or Lappin. I actually find it reassuring that the current manager didn’t feel he need to do that to appease us fans.

We will win this relegation battle and next season we will look to go forward. We will sign new players but you me and everybody else has to realize those player will have to be within a budget and more importantly they have to be worth the money and improve our squad.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you want then. That''s the real problem. We all want star players we all want total football and we all want to be winning the league. But we aren''t at that point. As I said earlier I''m no fan of our board. I feel strongly that the made drastic mistakes, especially in the premiership season. I was appalled with it appointment of Grant. However was I impressed with the appointment of Roeder. At the time NO I was not. I judged a book by it''s cover. But as I began to learn more about the man I realized he was an intelligent, articulate guy who has proved in a short space of time that he has as good a credentials as we as a team in our current situation could ever hope to have obtained. For that we have to thank the board.

If you thought that we were going to splash big money like say Ipswich did on Norris then you were naive. Yes as my original post say a permanent player or two would have been nice. We were not able to get the ones we wanted so we chose another option for the time being. What would you have preferred more panic buy like under Grant where we end up with another Brown or Strihavka, Brellier or Lappin. I actually find it reassuring that the current manager didn’t feel he need to do that to appease us fans.

We will win this relegation battle and next season we will look to go forward. We will sign new players but you me and everybody else has to realize those player will have to be within a budget and more importantly they have to be worth the money and improve our squad.

[/quote]

All i want is a board which will strain every available financial muscle to give us the most competetive team possible on the pitch. In the last few years that has indisputably not been the case and we have seen the results. Therefore i will not give another pound of my money to people who will waste it on more executive facilities, land, roads etc.

Does the last few months give any evidence of a change in approach? Hardly. I will back the team just as soon as the board start to- and they better had in the summer or else Roeder will leave.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Read my posts and you will see what i want. I will not knock the players or the Manager because in the circumstances they are doing a great job but the board are not playing there role in what the manager and MOST fans expect and its as simple as that.People continue to say ''''we will sign players'''' but next summer is going to be harder than ever with less money and we will soon see the results of ''''Prudance''''....in fact we are already seeing the progress of it with PG. Roeder is in for one tough summer,believe me, and with a manager who seems to know what he''s doing, i really cant see him hanging around with a budget of 1 million max,not when teams like Stoke with 12000 gates manage to buy players and out perform us.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I have had to come round to this arguement today.

I still trust Glen totally, and yesterday was his call, so I''m happy to flow with it.

There''s no point in beating ourselves up over it, its done and dusted now, so lets get behind the newcomers, if I can do that.................anyone can!.[;)]

[/quote]

[:|]

Yep - and I supported roeder at that time, but I never for a moment thought the loan policy and situation would remain even after it proved a disaster under him.[quote user="Buckethead"]Bumped.Different manager, same Board, same old story.[/quote]