Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

My One Big Fear!

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="ridgeman"]

I have no respect for Worthington for the simple fact that he took this club to the cleaners hanging on in until he was sacked getting his payout negating anything good he achieved. For all Grants failings (and I think he was shafted by Doncaster selling Earnshaw and Etuhu just before the season began) and his bad luck losing Smith and Fotherinham to long term injuries he left the club when he realised he wasn''t achieving anything. Just imagine if Grant had done a Worthington and sat there waiting for a payout where would we have been now.

[/quote]

B0ll0ck5! I''m not having that either Ridgeman! Say what you like about Doncaster but without those buy-out clauses we''d never of signed Earnshaw and Etuhu. Those clauses happen at every club top to bottom!, it''s the sad state of the modern game unfortunately. You can''t blame Doncaster for that, i don''t care what anyone says!. Tell me, could you of bought those two without those ''inserts''?....!. No, i didn''t think so.

[/quote]

How come none of the players we try to sign have buy-out clauses? I didn`t see much evidence of them in the transfer window, did you? Another myth spun for the gullible masses to cling to......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="ridgeman"]

I have no respect for Worthington for the simple fact that he took this club to the cleaners hanging on in until he was sacked getting his payout negating anything good he achieved. For all Grants failings (and I think he was shafted by Doncaster selling Earnshaw and Etuhu just before the season began) and his bad luck losing Smith and Fotherinham to long term injuries he left the club when he realised he wasn''t achieving anything. Just imagine if Grant had done a Worthington and sat there waiting for a payout where would we have been now.

[/quote]

B0ll0ck5! I''m not having that either Ridgeman! Say what you like about Doncaster but without those buy-out clauses we''d never of signed Earnshaw and Etuhu. Those clauses happen at every club top to bottom!, it''s the sad state of the modern game unfortunately. You can''t blame Doncaster for that, i don''t care what anyone says!. Tell me, could you of bought those two without those ''inserts''?....!. No, i didn''t think so.

[/quote]

How come none of the players we try to sign have buy-out clauses? I didn`t see much evidence of them in the transfer window, did you? Another myth spun for the gullible masses to cling to......

[/quote]

Spot on Mr Carrow.

An excellent observation.

Bet Neil won''t engage you though.

OTBC

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Sorry I''m genuinely confused here! How would we know if they had buy-out causes before they signed? Are you saying NCFC could have targetted players with buy-out clauses? If so, I can''t imagine many decent players would have triggered their buy-out clause to move to a struggling Championship club - Earnie & Etuhu both moved up a division. I''d be grateful if you could explain a bit further.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Sorry I''m genuinely confused here! How would we know if they had buy-out causes before they signed? Are you saying NCFC could have targetted players with buy-out clauses? If so, I can''t imagine many decent players would have triggered their buy-out clause to move to a struggling Championship club - Earnie & Etuhu both moved up a division. I''d be grateful if you could explain a bit further.

[/quote]

Roeder stated that he couldn`t get the permenant targets he was after because clubs were refusing to sell. If the player had a buy-out clause the clubs would be in no position to refuse. To be honest, i`m not sure "buy-out clause" is the right term, it`s more a "release clause" which means the player can speak to any club which offers a specified sum of money. There was no mention of a release clause for Taylor either. I really haven`t seen much mention of them since the Earnie/Etuhu situation.

"  How come none of the players we try to sign have buy-out clauses?2Absolute nonsense. You have no idea what is/was in their contracts as did no one until they exercised those clauses.You binners seem to be struggling to find a stick to beat our club with.I wonder if there was a clause in your club''s contracts that said your third world ran club had to be handed over for £3.9m or was it simply a reflection of the incompetence of your board and the red faced clown.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Roeder stated that he couldn`t get the permenant targets he was after because clubs were refusing to sell. If the player had a buy-out clause the clubs would be in no position to refuse. To be honest, i`m not sure "buy-out clause" is the right term, it`s more a "release clause" which means the player can speak to any club which offers a specified sum of money. There was no mention of a release clause for Taylor either. I really haven`t seen much mention of them since the Earnie/Etuhu situation.

[/quote]

Mr Carrow - I think the obvious point that you are missing when replying to Rons post is that the release clauses could only be activated if a Premiership club offered a specific sum of money and not just any old club. I am sure that was the case with Earnshaw and Etuhu anyway.

In my opinion, Stringer and Williams were the best combination we''ve ever had. The football was ''one touch'' just like Liverpool of that era. A joy to watch and such a simple game. Walker was another great. M O''N was never here long enough to show us but afterwards has shown us. Worthy turned around a ship which was nearly sinking while Roeder has so far turned around a ship which was virtually sunk.

people have short memories on worthy he did well in a short time but should have been sacked after Fulham. You who say he should have walked are talking nonsense, would you?. The board were to blame for dithering. Our rep as a footballing side started under John Bond imo. Saunders got us promotion the football was awful. Kenny brown did well, won us league cup, sacked too soon imo. Mike Walker was a great ride first time round, second time, was he sacked for football reasons. O''neil was here 6 months, ripped up no trees, long ball game looked the future with him, ask Celtic fans, but imo Worthy deserves to be up there with what he inherited, a play off final, promotion at a canter in reality and we were still in it till last day of season to stay up.

[quote user="sydneysider"]In my opinion, Stringer and Williams were the best combination we''ve ever had. The football was ''one touch'' just like Liverpool of that era. A joy to watch and such a simple game. Walker was another great. M O''N was never here long enough to show us but afterwards has shown us. Worthy turned around a ship which was nearly sinking while Roeder has so far turned around a ship which was virtually sunk.[/quote]

Spot on "sydney"you lovely old boy ,you have it exactly right .[Y] R.D.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yet more conjecture dressed up as fact - perhaps you should be writing for Archant. [;)]

Yet another myth spun for the gullible to cling to. [:D] 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Sylvain Ebanks-Blake

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/wolves/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/01/10/SOCCER_Wolves.html&TEAMHD=wolves&DIV=nat1&TEAM=WOLVES&RH=Wolves&PREV_SEASON=

Took me thirty seconds to find that, surprised we8wba didn''t beat me to it [;)].

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Mr Carrow - I think the obvious point that you are missing when replying to Rons post is that the release clauses could only be activated if a Premiership club offered a specific sum of money and not just any old club. I am sure that was the case with Earnshaw and Etuhu anyway.

[/quote]NN - looks like from post further below, that wolves triggered a release clause for Ebanks-blake - which according to plymouth they had no choice but to accept.  we probably had to do likewise when signing earnie & dicko - however aside from dave striker, i can''t recall city triggering clauses to release players. just how common is it for players to have this release clauses in their contracts???

[quote user="1st Wizard"]This thread has long since lost its original intention.........................ye Gods! whats the point?.[/quote]Seems to be the norm thesedays Wiz.  I started a thread the other day about being proud to be a NCFC fan and it didnt take long before the usual lot waded in with their comments about Delia and Co, the whole thread had turned into another mud throwing contest before it got to the 2nd page.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]"  How come none of the players we try to sign have buy-out clauses?2

Absolute nonsense. You have no idea what is/was in their contracts as did no one until they exercised those clauses.

You binners seem to be struggling to find a stick to beat our club with.

I wonder if there was a clause in your club''s contracts that said your third world ran club had to be handed over for £3.9m or was it simply a reflection of the incompetence of your board and the red faced clown.

[/quote]

Are there binners living under your bed Ralphy......?[:O] [:|]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

NN - looks like from post further below, that wolves triggered a release clause for Ebanks-blake - which according to plymouth they had no choice but to accept.  we probably had to do likewise when signing earnie & dicko - however aside from dave striker, i can''t recall city triggering clauses to release players. just how common is it for players to have this release clauses in their contracts???
[/quote]

In "Doncaster-land" they are a widespread fact of life apparently........W.Brom, Cardiff and Southampton have all got top-dollar for there best players. Why? Because they didn`t have release clauses and could hold out for a bid they couldn`t turn down. Nutty does have a point about Earny and Etuhu`s clauses only pertaining to offers from the Prem though. I have still hardly seen that phrase "triggered a release-clause" in relation to a transfer since that time. But apparently my argument has been disproved because someones found ONE! [8-)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]"  How come none of the players we try to sign have buy-out clauses?2

Absolute nonsense. You have no idea what is/was in their contracts as did no one until they exercised those clauses.

You binners seem to be struggling to find a stick to beat our club with.

I wonder if there was a clause in your club''s contracts that said your third world ran club had to be handed over for £3.9m or was it simply a reflection of the incompetence of your board and the red faced clown.

[/quote]

Are there binners living under your bed Ralphy......?[:O] [:|]

[/quote]

Not just under the bed Mr Carrow.

Ralph sees them everywhere.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

A few quick lessons for you Master Chops:

1. My credibility?.........................never gave a flying stuff for what I never wanted or had!.

[/quote]

That''s lucky, isn''t it?  Because you have none, and here''s an example of why...

[quote user="1st Wizard"][

2. Flip flop?..................................No way!

[/quote]

Interesting...

Flip...

(29th October 2007)

If  ''ratboy'' is appointed,  there will be a mass leap into the Wensum before the filth game..................a la lemen style!.

[/quote]

(30th October 2007)

This  losers had so many chances already...............and failed every time!.

Sack him Now!.

[/quote]

Flip...

(1st Feb 2008)

Okay, I think we can all agree that Glen Roeder has/is the best thing that has happened to our club since Walker and O''Neil were here.

[/quote]

Flop!

If you were lucky like me and had my wide vision, then you''d see the bigger picture!.[;)]

[/quote]

If I were like you, old son, I''d spend all day arguing with myself.

Well done Mr. Chops, but if you''re going to FLIP everytime Wizard FLOPS then there won''t be enough hours in the day for the moderating folks to process everyone else''s posts.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

In "Doncaster-land" they are a widespread fact of life apparently........W.Brom, Cardiff and Southampton have all got top-dollar for there best players. Why? Because they didn`t have release clauses and could hold out for a bid they couldn`t turn down. Nutty does have a point about Earny and Etuhu`s clauses only pertaining to offers from the Prem though. I have still hardly seen that phrase "triggered a release-clause" in relation to a transfer since that time. But apparently my argument has been disproved because someones found ONE! [8-)]

[/quote]

Sorry Mr Carrow, I wasn''t aware that there was an argument to be disproved. You weren''t aware of any release clauses being triggered during the transfer window so I provided an example, simple really. My extremely brief search also revealed that Michael Owen had a release clause in his contract when he joined Newcastle from Real Madrid (although there was a time limit on this), Obafemi Martins has one in his and Everton triggered a release clause in Phil Jagielka''s contract when they signed him from Sheffield United.

As to how many other players have release clauses in their contracts, I don''t know the answer any more than you do. The term seems to be bandied about fairly freely in the rumour columns of various newspapers and internet sites but I appreciate that this proves nothing. All I would say is that the examples above seem to suggest that they tend to be inserted into the contracts of players who are in a strong bargaining position when it comes to either signing for a club or renewing a contract. The only exception to this is Dickson Etuhu who we signed from Preston''s reserve team. This appears to be an example of poor negotiating on our part but it''s easy to say that in hindsight. How many people really thought we would ever get £1.5million for Etuhu when he was here?

We''ve were stung twice in quick succession by players triggering release clauses in their contracts. One of these appears to have been due to poor negotiation of the original contract and one appears to have been a necessity, where would we have found ourselves last season were it not for Earnie''s goals earlier in the season? A lot of what you''ve posted in the past with regards to ''off field activities'' has really opened my eyes, in comparison this is extremely lame and smacks a little of desparation.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

A few quick lessons for you Master Chops:

1. My credibility?.........................never gave a flying stuff for what I never wanted or had!.

[/quote]

That''s lucky, isn''t it?  Because you have none, and here''s an example of why...

[quote user="1st Wizard"][

2. Flip flop?..................................No way!

[/quote]

Interesting...

Flip...

(29th October 2007)

If  ''ratboy'' is appointed,  there will be a mass leap into the Wensum before the filth game..................a la lemen style!.

[/quote]

(30th October 2007)

This  losers had so many chances already...............and failed every time!.

Sack him Now!.

[/quote]

Flip...

(1st Feb 2008)

Okay, I think we can all agree that Glen Roeder has/is the best thing that has happened to our club since Walker and O''Neil were here.

[/quote]

Flop!

If you were lucky like me and had my wide vision, then you''d see the bigger picture!.[;)]

[/quote]

If I were like you, old son, I''d spend all day arguing with myself.

[/quote]

Hooray!.

Its lets resurect wizards old posts season again!.

Still gives me a laugh everytime some non entity tries it on!.[:D]

In my experience Wiz, there are two types of people in this world : fools and hypocrites.The fools are the ones who don''t realise they''re hypocrites.Well done for not being a fool Wiz [:)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Sorry Mr Carrow, I wasn''t aware that there was an argument to be disproved. You weren''t aware of any release clauses being triggered during the transfer window so I provided an example, simple really. My extremely brief search also revealed that Michael Owen had a release clause in his contract when he joined Newcastle from Real Madrid (although there was a time limit on this), Obafemi Martins has one in his and Everton triggered a release clause in Phil Jagielka''s contract when they signed him from Sheffield United.

As to how many other players have release clauses in their contracts, I don''t know the answer any more than you do. The term seems to be bandied about fairly freely in the rumour columns of various newspapers and internet sites but I appreciate that this proves nothing. All I would say is that the examples above seem to suggest that they tend to be inserted into the contracts of players who are in a strong bargaining position when it comes to either signing for a club or renewing a contract. The only exception to this is Dickson Etuhu who we signed from Preston''s reserve team. This appears to be an example of poor negotiating on our part but it''s easy to say that in hindsight. How many people really thought we would ever get £1.5million for Etuhu when he was here?

We''ve were stung twice in quick succession by players triggering release clauses in their contracts. One of these appears to have been due to poor negotiation of the original contract and one appears to have been a necessity, where would we have found ourselves last season were it not for Earnie''s goals earlier in the season? A lot of what you''ve posted in the past with regards to ''off field activities'' has really opened my eyes, in comparison this is extremely lame and smacks a little of desparation.

[/quote]

Shack, what i actually posted was "i didn`t see much evidence of them in the transfer window". I know they exist, but going back to the reaction to Eanie and Etuhus transfer they were spun as being a widespread fact of life which is clearly not the case. I don`t think it is beyond the realms of possibility that a money-obsessed board who know that they have to finance short-term loan repayments might be perfectly happy to have release clauses in players contracts, or may even instigate them.

Have a look through the big-money transfers from this league since last summer (Koumas, Camara, Boazza, King, Chopra, Davies, Bale etc.) and see how many references to release clauses you can find. Those clubs were able to hold out for massive offers because they didn`t have the clauses and are in a stronger position because of it.

" release clauses in players contracts, or may even instigate them. "Blimey, this is dim even for a binner.The club ''instigates'' the clause  .... how ?Insisting that it is put into the original contract. Why set it so high then ? Did we contact others club saying that you can have so an so if you offer such a price ?I can easily see how the red faced buffoon was able to stiff you suffolk simpletons if this is the best you can come up with.

ps your poverty ridden club was handed over for a fee not much above what we received for Earnshaw.Was that triggered or had such gross mismanagement left you with no other option (or offer) ?

Mr. Carrow - you make some good points, but occasionally you dip your toes into the murky world of fiction.[quote]Shack, what i actually posted was "i didn`t see much evidence of them

in the transfer window". I know they exist, but going back to the

reaction to Eanie and Etuhus transfer they were spun as being a

widespread fact of life which is clearly not the case. I don`t think it

is beyond the realms of possibility that a money-obsessed board who

know that they have to finance short-term loan repayments might be

perfectly happy to have release clauses in players contracts, or may

even instigate them.[/quote]In the case of Earnshaw, Southampton had also agreed the release fee clause - Norwich were given the choice of "add the clause" or "don''t sign the player".  I''m also fairly certain that Etuhu would have gone elsewhere had we not added the release fee clause.  To be fair, not many people considered Etuhu to be worth 1.5 million as he was rotting in Prestons'' reserves before he played for us.

Mr Carrow

It''s my guess they are more widespread than you believe but only in as much as they are in players contracts if clubs come in for them from a level they want to be at. They also quite possibly can''t be activated until a certain stage of that players contract. In the case of Earnie and Etuhu they I would imagine they came into affect after we failed to get promoted last season. I''m only guessing here but I imagine that had we got promotion last season those release clauses couldn''t have been triggered. But as I stated they could only be activated by premiership clubs offering an agreed sum. I would think they are widespread amongst ambitious players who want to play in the premiership just as Lappin had one to enable him to play in the championship because that was a step up for him.

You need to ask yourself how many transfers there were between Championship and Premiership clubs because those would be the ones that were likely to have been caused by release clauses and then I would imagine only in the summer window.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" release clauses in players contracts, or may even instigate them. "

Blimey, this is dim even for a binner.

The club ''instigates'' the clause  .... how ?

Insisting that it is put into the original contract. Why set it so high then ? Did we contact others club saying that you can have so an so if you offer such a price ?

I can easily see how the red faced buffoon was able to stiff you suffolk simpletons if this is the best you can come up with.

ps your poverty ridden club was handed over for a fee not much above what we received for Earnshaw.Was that triggered or had such gross mismanagement left you with no other option (or offer) ?
[/quote]

Lol. It might interest you to know Ralphy that one of my best mates actually coined the term "Binners" in an article in a City fanzine we used to help run (my brother was the editor). It was based on an episode of "Lovejoy" when a character grabbed an ipswich scarf from a bin and put it around his neck, but then i should think you are more familiar with Bob The Builder.....

But you`re right, they`re everywhere. EVERYWHERE!! [:O]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" release clauses in players contracts, or may even instigate them. "Blimey, this is dim even for a binner.The club ''instigates'' the clause  .... how ?Insisting that it is put into the original contract. Why set it so high then ? Did we contact others club saying that you can have so an so if you offer such a price ?I can easily see how the red faced buffoon was able to stiff you suffolk simpletons if this is the best you can come up with.ps your poverty ridden club was handed over for a fee not much above what we received for Earnshaw.Was that triggered or had such gross mismanagement left you with no other option (or offer) ?[/quote]Mr Wright,Would you please avoid using the "B" word in polite conversation.  There are children in the room, and it is downright unpleasant.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Mr Carrow

It''s my guess they are more widespread than you believe but only in as much as they are in players contracts if clubs come in for them from a level they want to be at. They also quite possibly can''t be activated until a certain stage of that players contract. In the case of Earnie and Etuhu they I would imagine they came into affect after we failed to get promoted last season. I''m only guessing here but I imagine that had we got promotion last season those release clauses couldn''t have been triggered. But as I stated they could only be activated by premiership clubs offering an agreed sum. I would think they are widespread amongst ambitious players who want to play in the premiership just as Lappin had one to enable him to play in the championship because that was a step up for him.

You need to ask yourself how many transfers there were between Championship and Premiership clubs because those would be the ones that were likely to have been caused by release clauses and then I would imagine only in the summer window.

[/quote]

I don`t think there was any mention of release clauses in the big Championship to Prem transfers i listed earlier. Also Roeder has stated that the players (refering to lower-league i believe) he wanted to sign were not for sale. If they had release clauses the clubs would have no option if another club offered that amount. And we all know that agents would be touting the figure around to all and sundry, therefore i think it`s reasonable to come to the conclusion that they are not as common-place as we were lead to believe.

Blah, i think the board have strayed into "the murky world of fiction" rather too often in recent years therefore i am sceptical of anything they come out with. Can anyone give me a good reason why i shouldn`t be?

OK Mr.Carrow, you mention W.Brom, Cardiff and Southampton (Koumas, Camara, Boazza, King, Chopra, Davies, Bale etc.) by name.

Of these players :Youth players: Bale, Gunter, BouazzaFrom lower leagues: King, Davies, Koumas (all from league one)Moved on by previous club: Kamara (seriously the boot was on the other foot when he went to Albion, pompy had the release clause!)Actually had a release clause: ChopraNone of these players had the bargaining position to get release clauses put into their contracts. The only one we should be jelous of in that list is Cardiff with Chopra who set their release clause at £5m for a 500k player.