Sign in to follow this  
Stevo

The board

A lot of posts on here suggest the board are refusing to back Roeder in the transfer market - hence the lack of signings. I have yet to read anything that either proves or disproves this.

But at a time when the club is asking us to renew season tickets and given our current league position, would they really risk upsetting Roeder and the fans by taking such a ''prudent'' line? Or is it a case of Roeder going about his business and using his knowledge of the market and contacts to secure the right players at the right prices?

Guess we''ll have to wait til the 31st to find out

There are teams in this league with ambition that are spending. They can''t all be bad players? We seem to be after teenagers on loan, not too high a wage demand there, in the hope that they will come off. Some clubs in this league do have ambition whilst we scrape around looking at bargain options in the hope that we can get out of this league. Not prudence with ambition but prudence with hope.

HOPE DOES NOT EQUATE TO AMBITION

You are right of course, but the general lack of transfer activity seems to suggest that. Other teams are having their intentions shouted about by agents and all sorts....Riordan comes to mind, but for us their is nothing, either we have everything covered in more secrecy than the KGB and CIA combined or we are not doing anything......

[quote user="riverender"]

There are teams in this league with ambition that are spending. They can''t all be bad players? We seem to be after teenagers on loan, not too high a wage demand there, in the hope that they will come off. Some clubs in this league do have ambition whilst we scrape around looking at bargain options in the hope that we can get out of this league. Not prudence with ambition but prudence with hope.

HOPE DOES NOT EQUATE TO AMBITION

[/quote]If you want runaway ambition with no checks and balances, how''s about this ?That''s what happens when you try to buy your way into the Premier League and fail.  I''d rather have a team to support in 10 years thanks.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]You are right of course, but the general lack of transfer activity seems to suggest that. Other teams are having their intentions shouted about by agents and all sorts....Riordan comes to mind, but for us their is nothing, either we have everything covered in more secrecy than the KGB and CIA combined or we are not doing anything......[/quote]

This quote is interesting....

“It''s been really slow going,” said Roeder. “It''s quite low-key, tepid in fact. I am looking around to see who other teams are signing and I''m certainly not thinking ''Dammit, I''ve missed out there''.”

I imagine he has strong views on the quality of player we need and also that the prices he is presently being quoted for these players are either unrealistic (inflated by the transfer window) or beyond our budget. Of course it''s the board who will be setting that budget and until Roeder reveals his hand but either signing someone or making firm bids for players, we won''t know how much that budget is. And that''s the way it should be. If this were common knowledge, any negotiations with other club''s or players agents would take on a very different dynamic.

well this is what Gr said himself today

"“It''s been really slow going,” said Roeder. “It''s quite low-key, tepid in fact. I am looking around to see who other teams are signing and I''m certainly not thinking ''Dammit, I''ve missed out there''.”"

So i think he knows what hes doing, give him time, they WILL come